NR and leader ability restrictions

+
Does this still make sense in today's game? Seems the only faction with these hard limits.
I mean maybe for Inspired Zeal one could say to future proof design but for Pincer Maneuver there are many ways to get neutral cards out of the deck right now.

Even so i would like to suggest the Carapace treatment, let them be usable on all units, but Inspired Zeal grants zeal to NR units, while Pincer spawns the volunteer only if it pulls an NR card.

Carapace treatment

As for others, idk if giving Zeal to Neutrals is good (especially, when there are some crazy Neutrals being released from time to time).

Pincer change doesn’t make any noticeable difference imo

Last edited:
I agree with the OP. I think those would be good changes due to the crazy neutrals as mentioned.

Does this still make sense in today's game? Seems the only faction with these hard limits.
I mean maybe for Inspired Zeal one could say to future proof design but for Pincer Maneuver there are many ways to get neutral cards out of the deck right now.

Even so i would like to suggest the Carapace treatment, let them be usable on all units, but Inspired Zeal grants zeal to NR units, while Pincer spawns the volunteer only if it pulls an NR card.

I guess than inspirrd zeal faction restriction was applied orginally to prevent NG from using Anna henrietta and zealing Damien de la Tour and skellen before rework becaause in early gwent foltest was able to geave zeal to any unit (for example very popular was play in cow to change it in 10points, gaunter o'dimm to use him to banish cards or on eyck from denesle to use him as tall removals :) in pincer manouver hoever it was applied before ability rework that was very strong in its own to tone it a bit back than, but after ability rework they just "forget" to change it, the same as in zeal. I think that that restriction make no sense at all in today state of the game and NR zeal should get some.boost

DRK3

Forum veteran
I guess than inspirrd zeal faction restriction was applied orginally to prevent NG from using Anna henrietta and zealing Damien de la Tour and skellen before rework becaause in early gwent foltest was able to geave zeal to any unit (for example very popular was play in cow to change it in 10points, gaunter o'dimm to use him to banish cards or on eyck from denesle to use him as tall removals :) in pincer manouver hoever it was applied before ability rework that was very strong in its own to tone it a bit back than, but after ability rework they just "forget" to change it, the same as in zeal. I think that that restriction make no sense at all in today state of the game and NR zeal should get some.boost
It was not, because that restriction of inspired zeal to NR units only was applied before Henrietta was even in the game.

It was due to some of the cards you mentioned - Gaunter, Eyck, but also Maraal and a few other neutrals that already existed. After that restriction, inspired zeal was only used for Blue stripes / Vernon Roche and Seltkirk / Anseis, for a long time.

Top Bottom