NR Charge Units

+
I didn't know where to post it so here it is

Can we talk a bit about charges units (those who need priscilla to work so NOT vysygota) I belive they should be buffed they were one of the first ways to play NR and with current meta being well control they are struggeling a lot to work. Before you type anything I am a user of those units and I got to pro rank so I think I know something about them. I’ll try to give all pros and cons with balance changes ideas for them.

PROS:

They are really powerful if they survive and that’s a big IF, duel units are really good with those set ups. All of your units are for the most part never going to die. And finally it’s not annoying to fight against them.

CONS

One engine like pricilla goes down you go down. Lock is a death sentence same with big damage if you don’t get the chance you set up. Heatwave and yrden you can do everything right and yrden will destroy this. Donimir may be heatwaved or purified away. They are too depended on one another you don’t get shani for example but priscilla and dandelion welp it’s your problem same when let’s say prcilla gets blocked or killed what can you do without her use the arezuta adpet risking even more because again if you don’t get a unit that it can be used on you’re fucked.

Balance ideas (the list will go from worst to best )

Nenneke- why does she cost 9 provison she’s worse then vysygota but she costs more I think you can do one of two things either remove the ranged row limitation and give something like whenever you play a unit gain one charge or reduce her cost to 7 or 8

Shani – I gotta be honest she’s not bad BUT if we put her on the costs of seltkirk and keep in mind a fact that she need pricilla to keep up with vysygota and that vitality is not as good as boost a unit because of one: it’s a status so vincent might come. Second it’s not on demend so it can’t save a unit form death . The change I want to see is more independence for her something like inspired gain one charge at the end of the turn keeping everything like it was

Foltest’s pride it’s not the worst but give one of two things something like gain one charge whenever you play a siege engine or remove the row limitation

Vissegerd zeal that’s it all he needs is zeal

Lyrian Albarest 2 armor is all i ask for he unlike lyrian cavalry doesn’t boost itself so it’s very likely for him to die

Redinian archer it’s good when there are a lot of them so no change

Hubert Rejk it’s fine I think

Cyntrain Spellwaver it is not good, but a change so that he also gains charge when you play a special card would be nice

Kedwei Sergant it’s a damn good cards costs 4 and may save a game

Reinforced Ballista without a change

Balance ideas to all cards that it work with

Pricilla give veil so it wouldn’t be so easy to stop the opponent from doing anything

Aretuza adept whenever you play a mage reduce the cooldown by 1

Dandelion it will get better if other units when other will but i want to say this Dol blathana sentry is much easier to set up and much cheaper

All cards that give charges once are fine maybe make talar cost 7 but it’s not that improtant

Donimir can we make him a little bit better i mean a change to all defenders so if they get poisoned they can be purified and still keep defender status

Tell me what you think in replies

also since i'm a rookie and want to make this a thread @Draconifors

Edit: also you can add a card that would help them fight locks/Poison that benefits their play style my idea is something like this

Attachments

• shani__medic.png
    shani__medic.png
    623.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I didn't know where to post it so here it is

Can we talk a bit about charges units (those who need priscilla to work so NOT vysygota) I belive they should be buffed they were one of the first ways to play NR and with current meta being well control they are struggeling a lot to work. Before you type anything I am a user of those units and I got to pro rank so I think I know something about them. I’ll try to give all pros and cons with balance changes ideas for them.

PROS:

They are really powerful if they survive and that’s a big IF, duel units are really good with those set ups. All of your units are for the most part never going to die. And finally it’s not annoying to fight against them.

CONS

One engine like pricilla goes down you go down. Lock is a death sentence same with big damage if you don’t get the chance you set up. Heatwave and yrden you can do everything right and yrden will destroy this. Donimir may be heatwaved or purified away. They are too depended on one another you don’t get shani for example but priscilla and dandelion welp it’s your problem same when let’s say prcilla gets blocked or killed what can you do without her use the arezuta adpet risking even more because again if you don’t get a unit that it can be used on you’re fucked.

Balance ideas (the list will go from worst to best )

Nenneke- why does she cost 9 provison she’s worse then vysygota but she costs more I think you can do one of two things either remove the ranged row limitation and give something like whenever you play a unit gain one charge or reduce her cost to 7 or 8

Shani – I gotta be honest she’s not bad BUT if we put her on the costs of seltkirk and keep in mind a fact that she need pricilla to keep up with vysygota and that vitality is not as good as boost a unit because of one: it’s a status so vincent might come. Second it’s not on demend so it can’t save a unit form death . The change I want to see is more independence for her something like inspired gain one charge at the end of the turn keeping everything like it was

Foltest’s pride it’s not the worst but give one of two things something like gain one charge whenever you play a siege engine or remove the row limitation

Lyrian Albarest 2 armor is all i ask for he unlike lyrian cavalry doesn’t boost itself so it’s very likely for him to die

Redinian archer it’s good when there are a lot of them so no change

Hubert Rejk it’s fine I think

Cyntrain Spellwaver it is not good, but a change so that he also gains charge when you play a special card would be nice

Kedwei Sergant it’s a damn good cards costs 4 and may save a game

Reinforced Ballista without a change

Balance ideas to all cards that it work with

Pricilla give veil so it wouldn’t be so easy to stop the opponent from doing anything

Dandelion it will get better if other units when other will but i want to say this Dol blathana sentry is much easier to set up and much cheaper

All cards that give charges once are fine maybe make talar cost 7 but it’s not that improtant

Donimir can we make him a little bit better i mean a change to all defenders so if they get poisoned they can be purified and still keep defender status

Tell me what you think in replies

also since i'm a rookie and want to make this a thread @Draconifors
I suggest you think about playing against the units as you propose them being changed. What options would you have for success? What would massive numbers of players implementing those options do to the meta?

Every time the power of engines increases, the need for more (and more powerful) removal/reset also increases — and other play styles get squeezed out.

I suggest you think about playing against the units as you propose them being changed. What options would you have for success? What would massive numbers of players implementing those options do to the meta?

Every time the power of engines increases, the need for more (and more powerful) removal/reset also increases — and other play styles get squeezed out.
First of all I speak form experience, they are underpowered because you can remove one card and you're fucked, that's why I wanted to make them more independent (answer regarding first point), is a meta change that big maybe we'd see some new decks so it wouldn't be only NR witchers it's not like yrden is that rare heatwave is used in pretty every deck plus for the most part I gave them one charge per turn it's not much. But you can offer changes yourself unless you think they're balanced. If so go make a deck and play ranked using them
Post automatically merged:

First of all I speak form experience, they are underpowered because the opponent can remove one card and you're fucked, that's why I wanted to make them more independent (answer regarding first point), is a meta change that big maybe we'd see some new decks so it wouldn't be only NR witchers it's not like yrden is that rare heatwave is used in pretty every deck

Last edited:
He was very bursty that way. Decks without any sort of buff control (pings or resets) were hit very hard by this card in previous metas. I believe he is fine with Order, maybe I'd increase his power by 1 to help him survive the round he is played.

Ard Feainn Crosbowmen are considered balanced with +2 armor, but they have random pings. +1 armor would be ok for the Lyrians.

I agree, this is a good change, one that support the lore too. It would be a buff, but nothing gamebreaking.

Veil doesn't make any sense for Priscilla lorewise. We always need to keep this in mind, as Gwent (fortunately) is a ccg that tries to more or less follow the lore with card effects. Also, Priscilla is very powerful if she survives, I doubt she needs more support in any archetype.

They are already on cooldown: 1. Why would you reduce that further?

That would be more like a straight Poison nerf (quite a big one to be honest) instead of a Defender buff.
Of course, the solution might be to redesign Purify as an effect from ground up and make it only affect negative status effects. This would however be a major buff to Defenders and the game would need another effect to deal with them instead (probably lock).

a

He was very bursty that way. Decks without any sort of buff control (pings or resets) were hit very hard by this card in previous metas. I believe he is fine with Order, maybe I'd increase his power by 1 to help him survive the round he is played.
that's a better change

Ard Feainn Crosbowmen are considered balanced with +2 armor, but they have random pings. +1 armor would be ok for the Lyrians.
i wanted 2 so they have 5 cost 5 damage but 4 damage is fine with raynad it'd good

Veil doesn't make any sense for Priscilla lorewise. We always need to keep this in mind, as Gwent (fortunately) is a ccg that tries to more or less follow the lore with card effects. Also, Priscilla is very powerful if she survives, I doubt she needs more support in any archetype.
not going into lore too much, i wanted to see veil so with locks being used so much players wouldn't be able to just lock her and mess up everything with one card remember only vysygota is so good at getting charges

They are already on cooldown: 1. Why would you reduce that further?
so she can give 2 charges per turn when you play a mage and also what do you think of buffs to shani and nenneke

Last edited:
A provision cost reduction to 8 would be reasonable in my opinion. She is still a very good and versatile card, probably a little bit powercrept over the years.
The comparison with Vysogota is very misleading though - one is an engine, while the other is a deploy effect - significantly different in their power potential. Nenneke can immediately save a unit or spread a solid amount of buffs to avoid tall punishes. Vysogota however, if unanswered will literally carry you to victory, his synergies with your other engines and buff units (like the footman) is insane. If anything I'd limit his charges to cards played by the opponent as a slight nerf.

This one would definitely need some buffs, it is a very conditional and overall weak unit. In my opinion this should be removed from the "charge archetype" and built into the siege playstyle instead (say, receive 1 charge for each siege unit on board to act like a finisher).

I'd like to see a rework on her from scratch. For example, I could imagine her automatically put +1 Vitality on any friendly unit that gets damaged, +2 if she is boosted.

I'd like to see a rework on her from scratch. For example, I could imagine her automatically put +1 Vitality on any friendly unit that gets damaged, +2 if she is boosted.
well that'd be just a better version of raynard i still think that charge is ok but making her gain charges is better few examples why short 3th round she doesn't need priscilla to be useful plus Dandelion buff like i mentioned there dol blathana sentry is much cheaper and easier to get boosts but Dandelion if more units would get charges by themselves would get a indirect buff

This one would definitely need some buffs, it is a very conditional and overall weak unit. In my opinion this should be removed from the "charge archetype" and built into the siege playstyle instead (say, receive 1 charge for each siege unit on board to act like a finisher).
that's a good idea and in a way a thing i was going for (better with scenario of NR )

Last edited:
So, basically, let`s make powerful engines more powerful.

Nope.

PPL get extremely greedy with their power engine fantasies, and then start whining about "why so muh lockdown" or
"yrden ruining my dreams about crushing with no response".

So, basically, let`s make powerful engines more powerful.

Nope.

PPL get extremely greedy with their power engine fantasies, and then start whining about "why so muh lockdown" or
"yrden ruining my dreams about crushing with no response".
you are aware that they are good but easy to take down right? and meta decks are all about doing that, that's why nobody uses them they are powerful on paper but not in practice. As I said one goes down all go down what rank are you? And keep in mind please vysygota was not even mentioned here and for most of them to be powerful the need priscilla (9 provision) and Dandelion (8 provision)

Vysygota + Dandelion + Archers + Priscilla + Keldar can be VERY powerful but you must be lucky to have the right cards in the right time and your opponent can not answer. Can be intensely punished by Yrden.

Vysygota + Dandelion + Archers + Priscilla + Keldar can be VERY powerful but you must be lucky to have the right cards in the right time and your opponent can not answer. Can be intensely punished by Yrden.
that's why i want a buff for some other units so it won't be just vysygota and yeah i think i mentioned that in cons how lucky you have to be to get all of that

Top Bottom