NR is so OP that the game is broken, IMO.

+
Supposedly the new caretaker was to solve this issue, but, well.. He's pretty worthless against poison in my experience of playing with poison decks.
It is quite hilarious that a supposed Poison counter is just an oversized Poison magnet that does nothing against 1-turn poison kills (Maraal) and can only helplessly watch giving even more value to Poison.

I'm relatively new to this game, and unfortunately, this still seems to be a problem. In the short time I've been playing, nearly 1/2 of the opponents I'm facing are playing NR with decks built around the Siege scenario card, which is insanely OP in my opinion.

"Well, you can just take cards that destroy artifacts" you might say. True, but how can you say that a particular deck build is not OP when at least 1/3rd of players are using the same build and I'm forced to build ANY OTHER deck SPECIFICALLY around countering 1 card. Then I'm left hoping that I draw my artifact destruction card to counter his Siege card.

This really needs to be addressed. Any meta where a huge number of players are using the exact same build because it's nearly unbeatable is a BIG problem.

Sorry to make the complaint but I am tired of being continuously beaten by NR using their artifact and machines and warfare cards. It is insanely unfair, even when using locking units etc to counter, and makes the game pointless to play. I mean the game right now really is utterly pointless to play unless you play NR using clear-the-gameboard artillery. I think it is broken. I hope the devs can fix the balancing. I've invested a lot of money (!) in this game but if it is not fun anymore then the money tap gets turned off.

I would suspect that others feel the same. My apologies to moderators if this topic has already been posted elsewhere since the latest release of new cards. I'm just a fan of the game who wants a fair and balanced competition. Again, I hope this problem can be fixed and soon.

UPDATE: post-patch 5th of March 2020. Just want to thank the devs for the changes. In my opinion, the non-replayability of the scenario card and the removal of 'inspired' from the Reinforced Trebuchet card both make for a far better experience. Thank you very much!

I'm relatively new to this game, and unfortunately, this still seems to be a problem. In the short time I've been playing, nearly 1/2 of the opponents I'm facing are playing NR with decks built around the Siege scenario card, which is insanely OP in my opinion.

"Well, you can just take cards that destroy artifacts" you might say. True, but how can you say that a particular deck build is not OP when at least 1/3rd of players are using the same build and I'm forced to build ANY OTHER deck SPECIFICALLY around countering 1 card. Then I'm left hoping that I draw my artifact destruction card to counter his Siege card.

This really needs to be addressed. Any meta where a huge number of players are using the exact same build because it's nearly unbeatable is a BIG problem.
I have not seen that many Siege decks (in fact I faced none, except for 1 in the seasonal that lost anyways).
May I ask for your rank (after all you said you are "relatively new") ?
Because on certain ranks missconceptions lead people to flock to a strategy that is not even top tier.
My point is that (sadly) anything can happen at low ranks and once you rank up people will follow the actual meta (for better or worse).

Sorry to make the complaint but I am tired of being continuously beaten by NR using their artifact and machines and warfare cards. It is insanely unfair, even when using locking units etc to counter, and makes the game pointless to play. I mean the game right now really is utterly pointless to play unless you play NR using clear-the-gameboard artillery. I think it is broken. I hope the devs can fix the balancing. I've invested a lot of money (!) in this game but if it is not fun anymore then the money tap gets turned off.

I would suspect that others feel the same. My apologies to moderators if this topic has already been posted elsewhere since the latest release of new cards. I'm just a fan of the game who wants a fair and balanced competition. Again, I hope this problem can be fixed and soon.

UPDATE: post-patch 5th of March 2020. Just want to thank the devs for the changes. In my opinion, the non-replayability of the scenario card and the removal of 'inspired' from the Reinforced Trebuchet card both make for a far better experience. Thank you very much!

NR is thought to be the worst faction currently amongst the pro ladder. Hoping season of the elves changes that.

Top Bottom