NR is so OP that the game is broken, IMO.

+
As an old player who's only been back for like two weeks, I think the main issue right now is cheesing the scenarios with caretaker, cheesing various NG leader abilities with those idiot "renew and copy" cards of theirs, and in the case of scoia, cheesing the Brokilon with Mystic Echo.

The heatwave is the only thing that helps against the scenario cheese (unless you want to use that dude who banishes cards in graveyards, who's like 9 supply and 5 value on the board?), and is pretty much an essential card in this meta.

Nothing really helps against NG leader cheese if they draw a defender, unless you have like an instant snipe on the defender and ALSO have the heatwave in hand, but since it takes 2 turns, usually the best you can hope for is prevent a THIRD ability, since the second one is pretty much a given. As a result, imo, leader abilities should not be renewed at all. They're too powerful.

Nothing that I can think of helps against brokilon cheese, but to be fair cheese harmony is pretty much the only competitive SC deck right now. Scenario elves are OK, but seem to drop off at higher ranks.

It has become clear to me now.
If you don`t use real money and still play perfect, you are lucky if you win one of ten times.

I am out of this game now,
i have tried it, but are not willing to use a lot of money on it.

And it is in no way designed to be possible to play for free, unless you don`t mind losing all the time.

The heatwave is the only thing that helps against the scenario cheese (unless you want to use that dude who banishes cards in graveyards, who's like 9 supply and 5 value on the board?), and is pretty much an essential card in this meta.
I tried the heatwave but even that is basically like a skipped turn, as the artifact itself doesn't provide any value, while the scenario player still gets 1 or 2 (or 3) cards played.
Vivienne is great otherwise if not for the caretaker but can also brick severely, contrary to heatwave

DRK3

Forum veteran
Heatwave is probably the best counter to scenarios, it might be expensive, but if your opponent doesnt have one, you can still use it as tall removal or engine removal.

Against scenarios, it depends - if your opponent uses it only once, heatwave is not worth it, but if he had caretaker or even caretaker+renew (and seems only NR does this), if you banish it on the 1st time, he has little chance and most times he will insta-forfeit, and this is very satisfying.

On a sidenote, i actually used a very similar deck a few months ago before scenarios were introduced - it was Pincer Maneuver with caretaker and renew, but instead of playing scenario 3x it would play portal 3x, because NR has so many great 4p units. This deck is still viable, but sheep prefer to follow the herd.

As an old player who's only been back for like two weeks, I think the main issue right now is cheesing the scenarios with caretaker, cheesing various NG leader abilities with those idiot "renew and copy" cards of theirs, and in the case of scoia, cheesing the Brokilon with Mystic Echo.

Nothing really helps against NG leader cheese if they draw a defender, unless you have like an instant snipe on the defender and ALSO have the heatwave in hand, but since it takes 2 turns, usually the best you can hope for is prevent a THIRD ability, since the second one is pretty much a given. As a result, imo, leader abilities should not be renewed at all. They're too powerful.

Nothing that I can think of helps against brokilon cheese, but to be fair cheese harmony is pretty much the only competitive SC deck right now. Scenario elves are OK, but seem to drop off at higher ranks.

What ranks are you talking about? In my experience call of harmony shupe elves is extremely strong. Worse for me than the old pure harmony decks.

I just hit rank 4 and I am using my own elf deck that doesn't even use scenerio.
Post automatically merged:

Heatwave is 'like a skipped turn...'. Why? Because 'the artefact itself doesn't provide any value'. So, the fact that HEATWAVE has just wiped out and banished a scenario - potentially preventing 20 - 30 point to appear on the board for the opponent - doesn't count as being of 'value'. What a weird way of viewing things.

The impression I'm getting from a lot of people on this Forum is that a card is only of value if it provides you with some numerical value on your scorecard - regardless of the amount it prevents appearing on the opposition scorecard... Very odd.

You are probably referring to our discussion earlier. I can clear this up. We were discussing a card (equinox) that purifies a defender and can then theoretically give some value IF you can then stop whatever the opponent was trying to defend. That is value but it's 100% theoretical value. The opponent still has to play a card that you can then stop with something else in your hand so this is situational. In the case of Heatwave stopping a scenerio you are preventing value that you know for sure was coming. If you had any reason to believe that value wasn't coming or you didn't care about it then you wouldn't use heatwave on it at all and save it for something else. The other big factor here is that heatwave is going to get you decent value in every match you play. The worst case scenerio is you have nothing to kill except a base level bronze card so you only take off a 4-5 strength unit. That's not great but it's the worst case. Equinox on the other hand is going to prove ZERO value in many instances. Even if you purify a defender that doesn't automatically gain you value in the round. Hope I cleared up any misunderstandings there. Feel free to respond if I still am not being clear.

Last edited:
So the poor old Caretaker should be retired on account of scenarios... Typical.

Caretaker is one reason that artifacts are problematic for a very long time. It was a problem with Sihil and it is now with scenarios. Your idea to give scenarios the doom-status is also fine I guess but would only help in the current 'scenario'. Caretaker isn't the core problem of artifacts but the same problems will reoccur every time a dominant artifact enters the game. Caretaker could also bring bronze units back from the graveyard.

I would need to be convinced that caretaker should stay how it is. I mean either caretaker isn't worth the provisions because most artifacts aren't worth resurrecting or it resurrects an OP scenerio and breaks the game. Well I am against artifacts in general so I would like to see caretaker changed to something else.

Anyone remember when Winch pushed NR towards the OP end of unbalanced? Why they thought putting a similar mechanic into a gold card would produce a different result is beyond me. Too much machine synergy pretty much invalidates all other NR ping units. Of course, not enough machine synergy and there's too much boost'n'ping. IDK, but it seems CDPR still hasn't got a handle on NR.

I would need to be convinced that caretaker should stay how it is. I mean either caretaker isn't worth the provisions because most artifacts aren't worth resurrecting or it resurrects an OP scenerio and breaks the game. Well I am against artifacts in general so I would like to see caretaker changed to something else.

Well going off the Beastiary entry in TW3 - link -, Caretaker could has multiple options for rework. Some ideas I get for replacement abilities are increase his power every time he gets damaged; heal himself by consuming a unit from the graveyard; or boost himself (maybe by consuming a unit) and duel an enemy. If you go on just the quest, then he could destroy a random enemy under a certain power if a unit is seized from his side of the board.

TBH I really don't understand what are cards like Philippa:Blind Fury and Falibor doing in the NR faction. They should be completely reworked. Cards like those make me cringe.
NR is supposed to be the greedy faction, not the board wipe faction. Even Skelliger with all their Bloodthirst limitations can't beat those 2.

What ranks are you talking about? In my experience call of harmony shupe elves is extremely strong. Worse for me than the old pure harmony decks.

I just hit rank 4 and I am using my own elf deck that doesn't even use scenerio.

I got to 5 last season with a non-cheese Harmony deck, and probably woulda gone higher if the season hadn't ended on me. Haven't run into any Shupe elf decks at all and the number of artifact elves at than rank in general seemed to be lower than harmony cheese decks. The scenario elves I run into are mostly just Radeyah, and they are definitely strong, but seem slightly weaker than harmony overall, though granted I probably haven't piloted one enough to get a solid grip on it, because I didn't get a good feeling about it when I tried it. My own scenario deck was the one with traps/deadeye ambush, but that one doesn't quite manage to hang around with the rank.

Initially, upon seeing the Caretaker, he appeared as a kind of Grim Reaper - hooded figure. I was surprised to fine he took care of artefacts.

I don't think this card needs a rework, but if it got one, then I'd hope it matched the artwork more correctly.

I kind of miss old Gwent where, if you knew the lore (games or books), you could see how a card's ability fit the lore. Sure things like Offir and creatures they've made up specifically for Gwent won't work this way, but established characters can.

TBH I really don't understand what are cards like Philippa:Blind Fury and Falibor doing in the NR faction. They should be completely reworked. Cards like those make me cringe.
NR is supposed to be the greedy faction, not the board wipe faction. Even Skelliger with all their Bloodthirst limitations can't beat those 2.
Agree witht that. They go against what was said in the NR rework. And as a NR players want to be able to play the faction competively without having to include those cards.

One of the main problems of this game is the matchmaking algorithm, it takes into account your W/L ratio, faction and cards you are using. If you are doing well it will set you to play against a deck construction that counters yours, over and over.

An example:
  • Not using Yrden = Playing against ST-Harmony only
  • Using Yrden = Playing against NR-Siege only
70% of my games are against ST-Harmony netdecks. they need to take out that Sharing Deck feature as well, it kills the originality.

- agree that weather is underwhelming, outside of SK greatswords/dagur, and maybe some bloodthirst trigger it doesn't find much use, conditional 8 for 7 over 4 turns is not good enough

This thread made me want to try to make a weather based deck. Haha, another gimmick deck. But it is not so bad actually. Granted, I'm on the locked down playstation version still, but I won over 50% with this deck for sure. People are not used to weather and usually have no counter to it. Meanwhile I "thrive" on my side of the board.

First deck I tried was Nilfgaard "weather control", which was interesting enough and good enough. I put up the weather, depress the enemy, use row effects, put up some Magna Division and Eskel and finish them off with Nivellen and Lacerate. But weather only really shone brighter when I switched to Skellige "weather control" (onslaugh).

it's actually a pretty decent deck, especially with dagur/greatsword and bloodthirst/control.

I think one way to make weather relevant again is if it was possible to combine Impenetrable fog with any of the other weathers (Biting Frost, Torrential rain and Skellige storm). Combining the others doesn't make sense, but fog at least is not illogical. Two weather effects on the same row (ONLY fog+X) could make it relevant again.

So the poor old Caretaker should be retired on account of scenarios... Typical.

Edit: A couple of ideas for scenarios - they have a doomed status, so that once removed the are banished and *not* moved to the graveyard. Or, if sent to the graveyard, they are 'resurrected' by the Caretaker in a weakened state - after all, it was destroyed initially (perhaps remove one of the spawning progressions). On top of this, as many have suggested, prevent scenarios from progressing until the next turn. Let's *NOT* retire the Caretaker. Cheers.

I agree. Give scenarios doom.

Doom is actually a very underused but very good function in this game. Alot more cards should have doomed status. I think alot more consideration should go into this topic in particular and making doom a more important aspect of the game.
Post automatically merged:

NR was out of control and the developers took action on it .......... nerfing Vess boobs, unfortunately that didn't fix the gameplay. Priorities :beer:

WHAT? They nerfed Ves's boobs??

WHAT? They nerfed Ves's boobs??

She doesn't jiggle anymore. Can you believe it?

descarga (3).jpg

On topic. The doom mechanic is underused since beta, doom on greatswords should be a great control in the last beta meta and they just ignore the thing. I don´t see good chances of balance through doom actually.

Top Bottom