NR is so OP that the game is broken, IMO.

+
You can counter it with artifact removal and banishing mechanics.
But you know what ? Monsters are op !!!
I just lost a game against monsters with ng.
I had 5 cards in last round and opponent had 4.
He just played x2 ridiculous 5 provision cost adrenaline rush and imrelith and some bronze card...
I had 3 soldiers(6-7 point each) and damien + invo.
And i used imperial formation x2 and get bonus affan ( this means 21 points alone) used invo at one of stupid drone which is 9 points.

So basically enemy used all of his high provision cards at early rounds and just saved imrelith and x2 5 provision cards against my 11 and 9 provision card + x2 full leader ability + 5 point bonus and he won.This game is getting stupid and stupid with this unfair cards.Adreline rush with arachas swarm wowwww 10 points for 5 provision cost.GJ CDPR you just ruined my day.

NR was out of control and the developers took action on it .......... nerfing Vess boobs, unfortunately that didn't fix the gameplay. Priorities :beer:

I just verified this on the PS4, this update has also made it into the frozen version! Hot dang. I mean, what? Why in the world, what's going on...

He just played x2 ridiculous 5 provision cost adrenaline rush and imrelith and some bronze card...
And i used imperial formation x2 and get bonus affan ( this means 21 points alone) used invo at one of stupid drone which is 9 points.

So basically enemy used all of his high provision cards at early rounds and just saved imrelith and x2 5 provision cards against my 11 and 9 provision card + x2 full leader ability + 5 point bonus and he won.This game is getting stupid and stupid with this unfair cards.Adreline rush with arachas swarm wowwww 10 points for 5 provision cost.GJ CDPR you just ruined my day.

I would just like to add that, while I understand your frustriation, Monsters are really not at the top of the foodchain currently.
Yes, their big thing is huge tempo, big points in few turns, but they are the most vulnerable as well.

Here is why:
- tall removal has already existed, even niche ones that usually only worked against Monsters and maybe Greatswords Skellige (like Geralt: Yrden)
- there are not just tall-punish cards, but RESETS that were always auto-included because they just destroyed Monsters
(like when Ozzrel eating something big and then Peter Saar, Spores, now Morkvarg: Heart of Terror etc.)
- now there is POISON already, which is, again, the greatest against units that are already vulnerable to tall-punish and resets
- overall overplayed cards like Yennefer's Invocation, The Great Oak, big-damage single-unit cards, Korathi Heathwave etc etc will again, add to the already extensive pile.

As you can see, while Consuming units with MO, or Ozzrel, or the new Adrenaline Rush (boost by 8) look all big, scary and flashy, there literally has never been a time when it was SO EASY to destroy MO if they go tall. Heck, look at the new Imlerith, it sees a ton of play because it helps MO grow just a but wider instead of betting all on 1 card and then getting brutally punished for it.

If anything, Poison needs a nerf and MO a buff, and more cards like the new Imlerith!
Post automatically merged:

As an old player who's only been back for like two weeks, I think the main issue right now is cheesing the scenarios with caretaker, cheesing various NG leader abilities with those idiot "renew and copy" cards of theirs, and in the case of scoia, cheesing the Brokilon with Mystic Echo.

The heatwave is the only thing that helps against the scenario cheese (unless you want to use that dude who banishes cards in graveyards, who's like 9 supply and 5 value on the board?), and is pretty much an essential card in this meta.

Nothing really helps against NG leader cheese if they draw a defender, unless you have like an instant snipe on the defender and ALSO have the heatwave in hand, but since it takes 2 turns, usually the best you can hope for is prevent a THIRD ability, since the second one is pretty much a given. As a result, imo, leader abilities should not be renewed at all. They're too powerful.

Nothing that I can think of helps against brokilon cheese, but to be fair cheese harmony is pretty much the only competitive SC deck right now. Scenario elves are OK, but seem to drop off at higher ranks.

Agreed. While I personally always disliked NR (super boring to play with or against) and they got the Pincer Maneuver which is the best ability in the game, the SCENARIO is the problem. Sure, Caretaker follows, but if the NR Scenario wouldn't be broken OP boring-no skill-garbage, no one would Care-about-the-Taker (sorry).

It is already mega-uber-stupid to play an extremely costly card just to be/ or not to be answered by a 4/5 provision card, losing HUGELY on tempo and value, but replaying it AGAIN with another super expensive card and then still being able to win the game... It is just stupid design. I'm sorry, CDPR is the dopest gaming company, I love them, but they should just delete all Scenarios at this point and act like it never happened and everyone would be better off.

Last edited:
I would just like to add that, while I understand your frustriation, Monsters are really not at the top of the foodchain currently.
Yes, their big thing is huge tempo, big points in few turns, but they are the most vulnerable as well.

Here is why:
- tall removal has already existed, even niche ones that usually only worked against Monsters and maybe Greatswords Skellige (like Geralt: Yrden)
- there are not just tall-punish cards, but RESETS that were always auto-included because they just destroyed Monsters
(like when Ozzrel eating something big and then Peter Saar, Spores, now Morkvarg: Heart of Terror etc.)
- now there is POISON already, which is, again, the greatest against units that are already vulnerable to tall-punish and resets
- overall overplayed cards like Yennefer's Invocation, The Great Oak, big-damage single-unit cards, Korathi Heathwave etc etc will again, add to the already extensive pile.

I agree with your view on this, but... Problem now is say Skellige have more tall units than monsters, and they are also better. I guess you can say consume suffers from exactly the same issue as tall units, except, you can consume poisoned units, but it's not a great solution either.

Anyways, I find that Deathwish is currently the best monsters ability and the worst monster deck to meet, ahead of bleeding.

I think tall removal is good, it would be boring if the game is just about placing big units and/or boosting one unit etc. Poison seems to become more and more problematic and might be the real issue amongst those you mention. Let's say you play a tall deck, those can survive tall removal and play around it, and many can play below the limit (which is a good thing they changed from 8 to 9). It seems the "big thing" now is to add lots of purify cards in your deck, which is annoying to have to do, even for a faction like Nilfgaard, just due to defenders and poison and what not. But this is even worse for monsters I can imagine.

Pellar is a pretty bad card to include compared to say imperial diviner.

Wouldn't reverting Trebuchet back to the old "charge/Demavend" ability improve the situation a bit?

Last edited:
I like NR. Maybe it was all that playing in Temeria through W1,2 &3 lol. That said, after reading this thread... I must be doing something wrong. Anyone can look up my lose/win. Even when I discovered Siege I still lose more than I win! Wow, I must be really bad at this game but I do enjoy it!

I do piddle with other decks when the daily quest forces me to!

Wow. A NG player complaining about monsters. You can't make this stuff up.

I like NR.

I like NR too, and I think many of the things the faction suffered from has been solved. I think the current state of NR is closer to where it needs to be than where it was a year ago.

However, I think Trebuchet was a big mistake.. The card worked well with Demavend in some cases, except ofcourse it suffered the same issue as most NR cards in the game. They should have done something with armour instead and kept it as it was, a charge card.

Pulling off a real Trebuchet charge was very awesome, but also very rare. It was prone to removal, locking and row movement.

Nerf did nothing to this deck, what am I supposed to do against this??

2020-02-19_1019_4.png

Your cards just can't stick to the board under heavy artillery fire. You think it's over, but then here is Philippa and Falibor, who easily pick up your lonely and injured units.
Bomb heaver is the only artefact removal I can think to include, but this card is just horrible in any non-scenario match up. In addition, they manage to use at least two chapters before you have a chance to react!

I’m not sure that one-sided games are good for the Gwent and healthy.

Nerf did nothing to this deck, what am I supposed to do against this??

View attachment 11030834

Your cards just can't stick to the board under heavy artillery fire. You think it's over, but then here is Philippa and Falibor, who easily pick up your lonely and injured units.
Bomb heaver is the only artefact removal I can think to include, but this card is just horrible in any non-scenario match up. In addition, they manage to use at least two chapters before you have a chance to react!

I’m not sure that one-sided games are good for the Gwent and healthy.

You can add korathi HW, it's not like ST has a problem generating power. You might have to trade consistency in draws(call of the forest) for scenario/high unit removal (Korathi).

GJ CDPR you just ruined my day.

So CDPR ruined your day because you lost against Monsters? :facepalm:I would be glad to face some Monster decks from time to time not only NR and NG decks that run scenario with Caretaker.

The game should be changed to something like:
- Card draw and Mulligan phase
- Player1: Do you play Scenario?
- Player2: Yes. Do you have C Heatwave in hand?
- Player1: yes
- Player2: ok, you win

So CDPR ruined your day because you lost against Monsters? :facepalm:I would be glad to face some Monster decks from time to time not only NR and NG decks that run scenario with Caretaker.

The game should be changed to something like:
- Card draw and Mulligan phase
- Player1: Do you play Scenario?
- Player2: Yes. Do you have C Heatwave in hand?
- Player1: yes
- Player2: ok, you win

Exactly that :shrug:

You can add korathi HW, it's not like ST has a problem generating power. You might have to trade consistency in draws(call of the forest) for scenario/high unit removal (Korathi).

It doesn't look like anyone is using this card. I have never seen it in any SC deck examples from a tournament or meta report. It is impossible to make a deck that can win every match up without sacrificing something.

It doesn't look like anyone is using this card. I have never seen it in any SC deck examples from a tournament or meta report. It is impossible to make a deck that can win every match up without sacrificing something.

It is used but we returned to the same binary way of playing that we had a long time ago and it has been repeated in several ways. It's as if the developers made fun of the players.

The opponent put Sabbath on the field

I have Mandragora - I win the game, otherwise my opponent wins.

Additionally it feels disgusting to be forced to play a card that I only implement by an exclusive mechanic since it is as if in each deck that I make I have certain provisions that are hostages of the cheese of the day.

You can evade this card by playing your own scenario, fighting cheese ... with more cheese.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I reached Pro Rank yesterday, with Monsters (because why not?), and i always used Korathi Heatwave.

Although from Rank 9 to 3 it saw good use, because there were Scenario-Caretaker users, but on the last Ranks players are too consistent and only use Scenario once and immediately advance it to Ch1 with leader ability or SC stratagem, so the Korathi Heatwave at that point is not even worth it and better used on something else (banished so many 7pt Damiens, effectively stopping 15 pts for 10 prov.)

Hell I'll give you Phillipa if Nilfgaard gets rid of Stennis, Damien and Bribery. Deal?

NG has enslaved Stennis so many times that he now even thinks Stennis belongs to NG

2020-03-05_0453_1.png

He is still blue :beer:

I suspect that you are looking for Stefan.

This is why locks and such are abused, there's no one running a ton of purify and support cards, and why should we? If your unit retaliated it probably won't stick around long enough to see a mahakam ale unlock it, then it goes tall, gets destroyed next turn, BRAVO. Honestly I'm not saying I know all the solutions, what I am saying is it doesn't feel like anyone works very hard on making this game more about skill and strategy over at cdpr. Seems honestly like you guys busted your game to try and sell more kegs because players want an unfair advantage so they buy all the busted cards. You can act dumb but you guy s knew triple siege was gonna be there from day 1 of merchants drop! 😂 You just release these broken cards to cash in, then pretend you need to fix something, adjust a few cards then bam, NO REFUNDS NO SCRAPS FOR YOU EITHER. I love how cdpr just flys under the radar! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LEAVE GREED TO OTHERS? WHAT A TOTAL EA STYLE MOTIVATION YOU HAVE WITH GWENT. DISGUSTING

HEY CDPR. I got an idea for you! Balance your game! 😁 Buff rewards hand out more cool cards especially to new players, buff scraps so players feel rewarded be generous stop STOP THE GREED CDPR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND JUST BE HONEST AND SELL MORE COSEMETICS! Seriously people wanna support your game, if you sold cosmetics and buffed rewards lowered keg prices and cutout the bs then the game would be much better. YOUR DISHONESTY WITH YOUR MONETISATION WILL CHOKE YOU. All your promises to the gaming community have been broken by gwent. Period, no excuses, the game is greedy. You know it's true so stop rattling your 8 billion dollar tin cup CDPR. It's not right now your trying to nickel and dime witcher fans! You been milking wild hunt been very successful and are you just gonna turn a blind eye and keep up these scummy tactics!? Cdpr, where is your heart? Do you still have one? What's scary about this game, I could spend five hundred dollars on it and they shut it down tomarrow. That's just not right. Maybe you guys should just stick to single players! 😁

Last edited:
Jeesh ppl complain so much in this game!

I use NR with the artifact and other high ranking cards and get beat all the time!

There are so many counters to this deck that a decent player could win no problem!

Not to mention that we don't always draw the cards we want/ need.

Your complaint could be said about any deck! The only way to win, instead of complaining, is to build different decks to counter different decks.

Yes NR has a strong siege element... that's because IT'S NORTHERN REALMS and is supposed to have a strong siege/ bombardment element. That's the entire point of NR.

No offense but ppl please stop complaining about how "over powered" certain decks are! EVERY deck, no matter how strong, has a counter! Nerfing the entire game just so individuals can play any card they want, any time they want, anywhere they want isn't fixing anything. All it does is make players lazy and kills the strategy/ skill/ thought process

Stop complaining and start using cards in unison and creating counters with a good attack strategy.

ive been playing monster deck and i just got poisoned like about 9 times.... and my highest unit got set to 1.. its ridiculous...
How many purify cards do we need to keep in the deck... its not possible to keep more than 1 or 2 of those cards without worrying about other decks

ive been playing monster deck and i just got poisoned like about 9 times.... and my highest unit got set to 1.. its ridiculous...
How many purify cards do we need to keep in the deck... its not possible to keep more than 1 or 2 of those cards without worrying about other decks

Supposedly the new caretaker was to solve this issue, but, well.. He's pretty worthless against poison in my experience of playing with poison decks.

Top Bottom