NR is 'that' faction

+
the one without deployable units, all requiring orders because they're an 'archetype'.

the one with boat loads of row-locked engines, which are nearly the worst cards in the game.

the one that can't manipulate graves/decks.

the one that can't copy gold units or spells.

the one whose units are nothing but low-hp engines.

the one which lacks tempo and high value units or combos without setups.

the one that has difficulty playing both a long and short round, or multiple rounds.

the one which can't revive their own units.

the one with the most random thinning options.

the one requiring elaborate engine setups, taking many turns, while unable to react to an opponent without messing up the setup.

the one without a mass amount of binary removal cards.

soon to be the one that can't remove immunities?

the one whose only apparent 'theme' is to buff and to do damage; which is no theme at all.

maybe armor will bring some much needed excitement to this faction. what do you think?

sarcastically: nr decks in gwent, and gwent beta have often included more neutral than faction cards.

Last edited:
Presently, after Eithne, Foltest and Demavend are the 2 most feared decks for me. I think first you should ask some experienced player to explain the game to you or watch some top player stream. The points you are repeatedly making in your posts just point to plain ignorance.

No hard feelings intended.

I think first you should ask some experienced player to explain the game to you or watch some top player stream. The points you are repeatedly making in your posts just point to plain ignorance.

i love comments like these. i've been around since closed beta, on and off. know more about gwent than most people. i also watch all the top streamers, and they agree with me on most balancing points i've made in numerous other threads. this is common knowledge.

i also play nr, have since cbt, and they've always been 'that' faction... furthermore, people play demavend with foltest's pride, when foltest is clearly superior for that task, and should be used for avallac'h pride and seltkirk, or bloody baron (but that's really hard to pull off, as you need to pull both pride and baron with roche in one shot as a finisher).

foltest decks are rather meme-worthy, and i've heard comments from top streamers that draug is probably the best nr deck... haha. yea, it's that sad. you can also check out my henselt meme deck in this subforum, but it's susceptible to disruption, like most nr decks, since they lack units that do 'things' without orders or conditions, row-locks, tempo, etc... BSC+BSS are really interruptible (and a waste of foltest) bricks, same for revenants in my henselt memes deck though.

No hard feelings intended.

lmao... indeed.

Last edited:
i love comments like these. i've been around since closed beta, on and off. know more about gwent than most people. i also watch all the top streamers, and they agree with me on most balancing points i've made in numerous other threads. this is common knowledge.

i also play nr, have since cbt, and they've always been 'that' faction... furthermore, people play demavend with foltest's pride, when foltest is clearly superior for that task, and should be used for avallac'h pride and seltkirk, or bloody baron (but that's really hard to pull off, as you need to pull both pride and baron with roche in one shot as a finisher).

foltest decks are rather meme-worthy, and i've heard comments from top streamers that draug is probably the best nr deck... haha. yea, it's that sad. you can also check out my henselt meme deck in this subforum, but it's susceptible to disruption, like most nr decks, since they lack units that do 'things' without orders or conditions, row-locks, etc...

lmao... indeed.

Add me on GOG. I'll play my Demavend and Foltest decks in all the games. Then let me know what you think.

Trust me, you are utterly ignorant about present NR.

Edit : Oh, and I will play some with Adda too.

You realize I've played those same decks, and decided they were trash compared to everything else. The only reason you're not being interrupted is most likely because people don't know all those engines are row-locked, as is John Natalis... it is so interruptible. Sorry broski, but I'm not here for a 1v1, ask a streamer, none of which wants to touch NR for specific reasons, as outlined elsewhere on forums. In fact, I watch them trash NR decks, hands down every day.

You realize I've played those same decks, and decided they were trash compared to everything else. The only reason you're not being interrupted is most likely because people don't know all those engines are row-locked, as is John Natalis... it is so interruptible. Sorry broski, but I'm not here for a 1v1, ask a streamer, none of which wants to touch NR for specific reasons, as outlined elsewhere on forums. In fact, I watch them trash NR decks, hands down every day.

Why not play then?
My GOG ID - ArghyaD

Also, let me clarify, they are still worse than artifact decks, but apart from artifacts, foltest and demavend are among the strongest.

And no, my Foltest is not that crap chance based Draugir deck you wrote about, and I do not use Foltest's pride or Roche in any of my NR decks.

Edit : Sorry, just saw the part where you don't wanna 1v1 (I am guessing coz you hardly know anything about the game). Live with your opinion then. But please, if you have to trash something in your posts, please post about artifacts and row buffs, and not (perfectly fine) discard and NR decks.

Well, it's condoned in game to taunt. Why not on the forums.

Maybe nr is still paying off bad karma from promote bullshit.

Not all streamers say that. Mcbeard loves nr and has made some interesting decks with it :)

I'm absolutely livid about this faction.

Do not get me wrong, I'm not at all pleased with the state of the game - I have many grievances with the direction of Gwent (and by extension, CD Projekt Red) - however, I was (am) willing to give it a chance.

I've not found my experience to be enjoyable, nor challenging thus far. As of right now, it is all simply frustrating.
Northern Realms stands desolated, their engines unviable, their units out-valued and their identity is forgotten.

Is this truly the best CD Projekt Red has to offer for Northern Realms? A sick and twisted joke of infinite maliciousness.

-

I am strongly considering whether I should uninstall Gwent altogether. This is the bottom line.

The game is one of failure - hence the consistent, unnecessary & drastic iterations to the base game; the trend to my dismay is one of complete and utter devastation. They ravage through the fan-base with every game-changing decision, new players are not loyal customers - nor is it possible to accommodate an infinite audience, and lack of a coherent direction for the game creates an unsatisfied creation.

I predict this game will not last another year. And yet, like a fool, I wish someone at CD Projekt Red had the testicular fortitude to do what is required. But, there again, lies the inherent paradox of that thought - another drastic change would only cause further disarry. So it goes.

Has nobody watched Mogwai's Foltest Pride video?

Foltest's Pride is the new Sabbath, if you don't counter it, you're... in for a bad time. But when you do counter it, the opponent's win con goes out of the window.

In my opinion, NR suffers mainly from one thing: Too much artifact removal. Thunderbolt potion is the perfect card to keep your engines safe, but that isn't possible if it is removed instantly.
Except that, NR seems more than solid. If you are able to set your engines up, without them being removed, the player can completly steamroll the enemy.

Lets face it, someone in the balance team really hates NR. Like, when was the last time we had a truly competitive deck?
What annoys me probably the most about current nr is that it's the one faction that they removed the one mechanic which maybe could make it viable: shields. Think about it, if every machine had like 2 shield, it would get much harder to remove, armor was always a mechanic associated with nr, and even logicwise it makes sense for big siege machines to have some armor.
The way gwent is now, I'll probably stop playing until they finally give my favourite faction some love, ever since Reaver Hunter nerf there has not been a single buff for NR...

NR. Like, when was the last time we had a truly competitive deck?

In the 6 months drought period before Homecoming. The one that reached the top spot on the ranked ladder achieved it using a NR deck.

In the 6 months drought period before Homecoming. The one that reached the top spot on the ranked ladder achieved it using a NR deck.
I'd say that gives more credit to the guy than the deck. Seriously though, I'm willing to bet that, if not for HC, that deck would've been nerfed to oblivion with things like Greatswords or Alchemy staying untouched

Top Bottom