NR plays 5 cards in one turn....????

+
Hey everybody, I love Gwent. Good stuff with the New Iron Judgement expansion. But Here is the thing, Could you please somehow fix the Northern Realms „I Play 5 cards in one turn” with Defender Syanna and Vernon Rouge stuff? It is so overpowered and Silly that it breaks the game. I mean you play for 25 games just fine having a lot of fun. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose everything is cool. And then someone just plays five cards in one turn. Thanks to the good defender you can do anything about it. This is not fun, please don’t kill the game with Northern Realms. The faction is already at the brink of being just nuts with Cards like Falibor, Phillipa and the new Archers. Cd Project Red, plz take action, this cant be it!

With the mentioned cards Syanna, Roche, Donimir, Falibor and Phillipa the player has already used a lot of provisions and can hardly include anything else but bronze cards to fill the deck.
Moreover the combination needs 3 turns in which you can set up your own board and it isn't too hard to interupt. Purify should be in enough decks, such that such a high risk reward deck won't be really competetive. And depending on the faction moving the defender or just removing him would be possible too.

Honestly, that's not even a problem, a lot times I've seen that happen to me the first card can be phillipa or falibor and they'll kill their own roche. not to mention how expensive that is provision wise. however, if you truly despise that combo, just go with seize nilfgaard, purify defender then seize syanna, Deathwish monsters and either manticore/miruna syanna, as NR you can use phiippa and maybe get lucky with the 3 hit hitting syanna. For scoitel/ syndicate just shouldn't be losing to NR unless you got just an unfortunate hand, but any variation of those 2 factions meta decks should always beat NR. only skellige might have an issue with that combo and no one plays them this meta.

It's insanely easy to pull it off. NR Pincer plays the defender then Syanna. Nothing you can do about Syanna, which then auto-activates 4 card pull for Roche.

yes maybe you misunderstood. I have nothing against powerful cards like Phillipa or Falibor. It’s just like nedders said the pincer combo with Defender/Syanna/Vernon is so easy to pull off and plays you 4 cards in one turn. Then comes the Hen Gath sword on Vernon and your opponent just pulled 6 cards in 2 turns. At that point you can just give up. Compared with that even Mystic Echo before the nerf was childs play since it just gets you dwarfes or dryads. Here you have to deal with a scary flurry of cards played straight from the deck on top of each other. OK, enough of complaining. Easy nerf solution: Syanna only works with deploy units played on your side of the board? My guess is CDPR might be already working on this.

The problem lies with the defenders and pincer maneuver. The combo Roche/Syanna by itself is fine and 2x12 provisions. Syanna is almost never played elsewhere.

Defenders are a good idea, but they are too strong right now. They should have much less strength, especially since the damage is supposed to have been reduced. Right now, the defenders are +/- 6 strength with armor which forces an instant purify if you want to be able to handle what's coming next.
And Pincer Maneuver is just ludicrous. No restriction whatsoever is non-sense. All the abilities allowing to play 2 cards a turn (Pincer Maneuver, Mystic Echo, Second Wind, Wild Card and in a smaller measure Tactical Decision and Call of Harmony) are the most powerful since they allow instant combo. They should all be around 11-12 provisions to begin with.
Now even among them, Pincer Maneuver is just above since it's the only one that doesn't have any restriction. Something should be added like only NR, only this much provision, only bronze or something like that.

PS: this is another discussion but Mystic Echo is fine if you bring back old call of the forest (which was by the way much interesting/fun that this dull 'Royal Decree +1' )

Now even among them, Pincer Maneuver is just above since it's the only one that doesn't have any restriction. Something should be added like only NR, only this much provision, only bronze or something like that.
Well, you have to have NR card in hand to use pincer manouver, I forgot about that a few times :D

Syanna is so expenisve there are barely any units worth to use her with. Literary all deploy skills worth being used with her are in NR. PLay a 3hp unit and hope she survives a turn for 12 provisions? Was she even viable before defenders?

And again the problem are tutoring leaders, defenders only make cards unanswerable if you can play a second card that turn and especially if that card has a lose category (Pincer being able to play literally any card that can be in the deck as the second card).

Edit: If defenders take a hit it should be to only protect adjacent units (which honestly keeps them mostly intact and still very good, while not auto countering decks like Vampires, it would also not allow to protect 4 Dwarven Mercenaries.

The problem lies with the defenders and pincer maneuver. The combo Roche/Syanna by itself is fine and 2x12 provisions. Syanna is almost never played elsewhere.

Defenders are a good idea, but they are too strong right now. They should have much less strength, especially since the damage is supposed to have been reduced. Right now, the defenders are +/- 6 strength with armor which forces an instant purify if you want to be able to handle what's coming next.
And Pincer Maneuver is just ludicrous. No restriction whatsoever is non-sense. All the abilities allowing to play 2 cards a turn (Pincer Maneuver, Mystic Echo, Second Wind, Wild Card and in a smaller measure Tactical Decision and Call of Harmony) are the most powerful since they allow instant combo. They should all be around 11-12 provisions to begin with.

PS: this is another discussion but Mystic Echo is fine if you bring back old call of the forest (which was by the way much interesting/fun that this dull 'Royal Decree +1' )
Yes, I completly agree with that. Roche and Syanna are fine, the problem lies with Pincer and Defenders.

Only five cards? As a funny thought experiment, if all the stars align, you can pull 26 cards with one combo:

Syanna ready, then:
Roche [1] + Roach [2]
|=> Fables [3] > Epidemic [4] kills Roche
|=> Blue Dream [5] on Roche
..........................................|=> Sile [6] on Roche
..........................................|=> HG Sword [7] on Roche
.................................................................................|=> D-Bomb [8] on Sword
.................................................................................|=> Regis [9] on Roche
|=> Caretaker [10] on Sword on Roche
...........................................................|=> Royal Decree [11] > Witchers x3 [12] [13] [14]
...........................................................|=> Last Wish [15] > Marching Orders [16] > Avallac'h [17] > Portal [18] > units x2 [19] [20]
|=> Villem [21] > Double-Cross [22] > Dandelion [23] > Shupe: Hunter [24] > John [25] > Winch [26]

This is excluding create effects, which could technically go infinite.

PS. The combo above is obviously not possible. It's just a thought experiment.

Only five cards? As a funny thought experiment, if all the stars align, you can pull 26 cards with one combo:

I'm pretty happy with the funny one I just achieved. Little surprised it took opponent so long to do something about it. I use leader ability, play Damien from opponent's hand. Next turn, refresh ability, play another Damien from opponent's hand. 5 Damiens later, and I think I've got this won...

damienforever.jpg

At this point, I know his last 3 cards are Damien, the 8 power tree, and the destroy highest units spell. He finally plays his Damien, I create a bronze unit and play it, that gives 5 cards in the row, refresh my ability one last time, play the tree from his hand and kill his Damien before it can use its order. That was a fun round. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom