Nudity - A False Promise

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, according to the "official response" on these forums no nudity in the game is not a bug. Ok, point taken.

But!

I cannot resist to give you just my few notes in that regard as your "customer's" feedback, who preordered the game _intentionally_ from GoG back in 2019 just to "send all money to developers". Normally I purchase via Steam.

Of course this censorship is basically a minor thing. It saddens me it is there, ridiculous as it is, that in a PG-18 game, where we chop off heads with katana, we cannot see our character fully nude. But... as I said it is not "a game breaking feature". If only...

If only you'd simply not even delve into the issue earlier and simply gave us whatever you decided. Yet, there were tons of PR articles how "mature" CP2077 is, even making note of being able to customize your genitals _specifically_. And then what?! Those are visible in inventory screen and and nowhere else? That's bait feature then, one which is in fact _NOT THERE_!

I don't mind (much) they are not visible, it's not what will make CP2077 "a bad game" of course. Besides, modders will surely "fix it" soon anyway. But I heavily mind that this is just another "bending of the truth". So typical of the "competition" your PR was so keen on to distinct yourself apart from. Guess CDPR went "corpo" too these days.

And that... lost faith in you hurts me in fact a lot more, than not being able to see my V fully nude.

In the future, when pondering my purchases from CDPR, I'll keep this in mind.

It seems that in the end choosing your junk was all for minor character expression/inclusivity, to say that the game let you be any combination of those. But then I'm always wearing my underwear and Meredith be wearing bandaids on her nipples, which is kinda kinky, but there are naked nipples in other places of the game. Yes, kind of a pointless feature in the end. At least it didn't derail the game into just some hentai perversion game.

But man, enough with the dildos everywhere. We get it. You're an adult game, but the goal isn't Saints Row The Third. Give us meaningful relationships that feel intimate and character driven. There's so much you can learn from characters through their love and sex life. The closest I've got in game so far was the heavily scripted, sexless counselling with the doll. And more than counselling that felt like validation of a narcissistic psychopath (what's that thing about "If you have to kill, kill, if you have to burn the city to the ground, burn it"?).

Yeah, re-enable nudity - even if it has to be a "DLC" you have to actively click and download, that enables the toggle in options...

I mean, what's the point of the CC if there's no nudity? Jesus, while I love the game, this is just poor fucking form, even if it's a very minor thing in the end.

Guess they were too afraid of ANGERY PARENTS who's appalled about the notion their pure angel teen children will risk seeing nudity (which they themselves have to toggle... hmm.).

So, CDPR, please return the nudity. PC owners got mods at least (even if it's not fully working yet), console owners got nothing.

I share this opinion until the end. It hits Immersion like a bazooka and they censor more and more with every patch. Brace yourself, cut content is coming. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom