nvidia 285.38 driver and W2 ver 2.0

+
nvidia 285.38 driver and W2 ver 2.0

Question for those running the beta BF3 drivers from nvidia and Witcher 2 ver 2.0: did you notice any strange gpu behavior with those drivers and Witcher2? Good or bad, noisy or quiet, or nothing at all. I'm just doing a bit of testing. :confused:

My performance has dropped a bit since I updated to the new beta drivers, of course I installed the 2.0 update before I tried the new drivers so I'm not sure which one is the culprit. I'm going to roll back to the 280.56 drivers when I get home and see what happens.

Could be just me, but I thought my gpu fan was running alot faster with these drivers.

Just got the drivers this morning and finally managed to play for about an hour . Better framerate than with the 280.26 drivers averaging 40-60 FPS no additional heat card runs at about 72 C. . I have EVGA Precision set to change fan speeds according to card temps so no change there .

System specs are Intel C2Q Q8200 @ 2.33
8 GB DDR2-800 memory
GTX 560 Ti at stock clocks
Realtek HD audio

Tommy, my gtx560ti only runs 53C with the fan's at 67% using MSI Afterburner, why is yours so hot?
I've gone back to the 280.26 drivers, and been doing some testing after getting a few game crashes. I'm done with the BF3 beta so those 285.38 drivers are gone.

On2wheels said:
Tommy, my gtx560ti only runs 53C with the fan's at 67% using MSI Afterburner, why is yours so hot?
I've gone back to the 280.26 drivers, and been doing some testing after getting a few game crashes. I'm done with the BF3 beta so those 285.38 drivers are gone.

I would say 2 reasons for the difference in heat temps
First would be Sparkle only put 1 fan in the card and the second could be that it`s getting real close for the semi annual "dust bunny" removal ;)

Top Bottom