Nvidia GPU users - which driver version are you using?

+
I thought that was a hotfix for NVidia Notebooks (laptops with NVidia cards) that reintroduced overclocking as the prior drivers disabled that feature

Can't say anything about mobile GPUs, haven't updated the drivers beyond 350.12 on my laptop.

---------- Updated at 09:10 PM ----------

Latest driver (352.86) with a 980. Daily crashes... usually a crash within 10 minutes of starting a game then a few hours without but I am really getting pretty sick of this. Sure hope either Nvidia or CDPR can patch this soon.
I'd suggest testing 350.12 drivers, Nvidia botched it for more than just Kepler users. 980 here as well.

i am using 350.12 Reason? well 352.86 sucks!! nvidia messed it up big time, its not a driver its a game breaking driver!! i observed its creating Audio stutter , freezes and also damn crashes! later i came to know that witcher 3 supporting driver is one big mess!! waiting for them to release damn new drivers so that we can play this game its almost month end , wasted Bugs!

I cannot confirm this, I am running on 352.86 and the 2 crashes I had were caused by Fraps.
But I am having an old GPU, only running on GTX480 and lowest settings, maybe this is making the difference.

Im running 347.88. Points being:

- Forcing on triple buffering (and also setting max prerendered to 3 if that doesnt help) in the nvidia control panel makes a very noticable difference on my setup.
EDIT: Yep you need to force max prerendered to 3 also!

Do one or both even if you do not have V-sync on or only if you use V-sync?

Also using the latest driver, going to the old ones did not seem to improve fps for me on my gtx770.

I did have to remove my OC to keep from crashing.

If anyone is crashing on the 352.86 drivers, I'd suggest trying the 352.94 drivers instead. Since I've installed them, I haven't crashed at all, compared to the 352.86 drivers which seemed to crash randomly after hours of gaming, or after as little as 10 minutes.

Do one or both even if you do not have V-sync on or only if you use V-sync?

Also using the latest driver, going to the old ones did not seem to improve fps for me on my gtx770.

I did have to remove my OC to keep from crashing.

I'm not at 60fps (and refuse to lower the res) so i'm not sure if vsync will help much.

350.12 on 970 GTX, the 352.86 drivers would crash and restart on loading the game up then play fine for 6+hours but would crash eventually with audio still playing. I made the decision to roll back when i had to hard reset. No problems with the 350.12 drivers so far.

Top Bottom