Nvidia HairWorks

+
Well well well, Plastica-Man.. :) Enjoying DriveClub lately?

Anyway, yea, that is a good idea. Not sure why the hair on Geralt isn't that good looking. It probably has to do with the lack of self-shadowing.

I agree. While on monsters is awesome, Geralt's hair looks pretty bad. And it's strange, because if you check the 35 minutes gameplay, hair on Geralt looks much better. Now it seems too clean, shiny and...grey.

Just saw this on nvidia...kinda makes me want a new pc...dat hair...possible spoiler if you don't want to see any beasts

The hair on the monster is simply the best hair i have seen in a video game, it looks so realistic. Geralts HairWorks hair though, well, it doesn't look too good.

I'm totally with OP. An option to disable Geralt HairWorks hair but keep the Hairworks on monsters would be awesome.

Well well well, Plastica-Man.. :) Enjoying DriveClub lately?

Anyway, yea, that is a good idea. Not sure why the hair on Geralt isn't that good looking. It probably has to do with the lack of self-shadowing.

Hi, haha yeah. and I am glad the Withcer 3 devs took it as inspiration for the weather system: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...ge-inspiration-has-fantastic-weather-effects/

There are comparisons showing the normal hair vs HairWorks hair. The latter seems more flat on his head and doesn't look natural at all. CDProjektRed default hair feels more natural eventhough it has lesser physics.

Yeah that looks awesome. I bet some people will be getting serious frame drops when that thing comes at them.

Better only get framerates drops when that thing comes at them only for that worthy moment than having lags all the time with Geralt with his not so convincing HairWorks hair.

What about an option to applying Hairworks on the selected things only: like only on Monsters, only on Animals, only on Geralt? Because seeing from the videos, once we enable it, it applies to all things and it will probably reduce the performance alot. Is team thinking about an update for it maybe? Because a feature like this could be beneficial as people can customize their performance and visual quality according to what they like. (Sorry for bad english though i hope it's understandable:D)

Greetings all Withcer devs and fans. I wanted to thank you for the awesome game you achieved and that was thanks to great techs you used. One of them was HairWorks for PC. Enabling it adds really a big wow factor especially for the monsters and animals. The truth is, while it looks exteremely great on animals and monsters, it doesn't look that great on Geralt himself. In fact your default hair implementation for him looks much better. That is why I suggest that it would be very kindly of you to update the game and add detailed options for that feature letting us choose bewteen enabling HairWorks for Geralt alone, enabling HairWorks for monsters and animalas alone and enabling both brings the full feature. I would rather play HairWorks on for monsetrs on and HairWorks for Geralt off, not only for the best looking results but also for the increased performance. I know many users who will opt for that choice too. Thank you very much and good luck with your game and your upcoming games.

Great idea! CDPR please take note! :)

Last edited:
I never saw the Novigrad demo in HQ so no clue about horse tail, and 360p isn't very helpful in that regard...

No worries, I'm here to help you out 8)
https://a.pomf.se/ikdsvt.webm
This was made from the 1080p low compression version of the 35 minute gameplay video you could find on Gamersyde, so hopefully it's more helpful than the 360p video you've seen.

Last edited:
What about an option to applying Hairworks on the selected things only: like only on Monsters, only on Animals, only on Geralt? Because seeing from the videos, once we enable it, it applies to all things and it will probably reduce the performance alot. Is team thinking about an update for it maybe? Because a feature like this could be beneficial as people can customize their performance and visual quality according to what they like. (Sorry for bad english though i hope it's understandable:D)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36210-HairWorks-choice-suggestion

Top Bottom