nVidia integer scaling not working with the game

+
For some reason, it seems like nVidia's integer scaling is not working with the game. Fullscreen 1080p on a 4k monitor looks exactly the same (read: blurry) whether integer scaling is turned on or off. If I set my desktop resolution to 1080p with integer scaling turned on, there's a stark difference in sharpness - so I know how it should look if it did work.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to get it to work? Or am I out of luck here?

nVidia's integer scaling works perfectly on all the other games I play in 1080p, so I don't understand what your point is in calling it "an AMD product". DLSS does not do the same thing as I'm trying to do here, which is to make the game look as though it is being displayed on a native 1080p monitor. Which is the thing that integer scaling would do - if it worked with the game.

In Cyberpunk, Integer Scailing is only activated for AMD so activating it on an nVidia card will do nothing. DLSS will "upscale" 1080p to your 4K monitor if you choose DLSS Performance. This will get you as close as you can to displaying 1080p on a 4K monitor and make it look as native as possible.

I'm sure there's some kind of misunderstanding here - I'm not talking about having integer scaling turned on in the game settings. What I mean is, that I have integer scaling turned on in the nVidia Control Panel, such that it applies to any and all fullscreen applications that run at a resolution of 1080p. And it does so for every single one except Cyberpunk, for some strange reason.

Ah, gotcha. I did misunderstand, my apologies.

I do not think it will work, even at the driver level, unless the game supports it and it seems, in this case, it does not.

I wish I could've been more help, good luck.

I'm also interested, since I play on FullHD monitor and cannot run the game in 4k@60 fps with DLSS Performance. I'd like to compare 1870p DLSS Performance vs 4k Integer Scaled.

The game probably uses borderless pseudo-full-screen mode (a.k.a. “Windowed Fullscreen”) by default, so scaling is done by the game itself. Borderless full-screen mode is a regular window, just without titlebar and borders, and resized to occupy the entire screen.

According to PCGamingWiki, there is a command-line option for enabling true (exclusive) full-screen mode in this game:

Code:
-fullscreen

There may also be a correponding GUI option in the game settings.
Post automatically merged:

I do not think it will work, even at the driver level, unless the game supports it and it seems, in this case, it does not.

Driver-level or display-level integer scaling is a global transparent thing like any other global scaling type and does not need dedicated support by the specific game.

Top Bottom