Nvidia resizable bar support?

+
As the title says, is there going to be support for nvidia's resizable bar when it comes out for the rest of ampere gpus by the end of the month?
Really hope so, some games got a really noticeable improvement from it on 3060.

I don't know. We'll have to wait until there's an official announcement. Right now, other things might have more priority. We'll see...

I don't know. We'll have to wait until there's an official announcement. Right now, other things might have more priority. We'll see...

Does turning on Resizable Bar impact performance? I was wondering if that could be the cause of certain FPS drops that I'm experiencing. It so happens that Resizable Bar support was released during the same time as patch 1.2.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I was wondering if that could be the cause of certain FPS drops
It's not enabled by default. you need to go into your BIOS in order to activate it.
As the title says, is there going to be support for nvidia's resizable bar when it comes out for the rest of ampere gpus by the end of the month?
Really hope so, some games got a really noticeable improvement from it on 3060.
I've tried it yesterday and it seems to work quite well. I'm getting two or three FPS more on average.
It's easy to setup via Precision X1 version 1.1.8
(When you've updated your motherboard-BIOS make sure to disable CSM)
EVGA rtx 3090 slightly overclocked. Settings: 4K, DLSS_Performance, Psycho details.

Does turning on Resizable Bar impact performance? I was wondering if that could be the cause of certain FPS drops that I'm experiencing. It so happens that Resizable Bar support was released during the same time as patch 1.2.

I don‘t know, I only have the playstation version of the game. You‘d have to test it, but I wouldn’t expect it to do much at this point yet.

It's not enabled by default. you need to go into your BIOS in order to activate it.

I've tried it yesterday and it seems to work quite well. I'm getting two or three FPS more on average.
It's easy to setup via Precision X1 version 1.1.8
(When you've updated your motherboard-BIOS make sure to disable CSM)
EVGA rtx 3090 slightly overclocked. Settings: 4K, DLSS_Performance, Psycho details.

Yup I enabled the Bios setting. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm getting back into this game even though I already finished 1 playthrough. That and the 1.2 patch.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Yup I enabled the Bios setting. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm getting back into this game even though I already finished 1 playthrough. That and the 1.2 patch.
If I understand correctly, you're concerned about increased FPS drops?

DC9V

Forum veteran
@dsumiskum I Can't compare sins I got it enabled right away after installing 1.2.
Maybe look here:

For nvidia users:
Yes, resizable bar needs to be enabled in motherboard UEFI _BUT_ your gpu bios must support it.
Enabling it in the mobo bios is necessary but not sufficient.
Out of the box only RTX 3060 have gpu bios with resizable bar support.
For all other 30 series nvidias you need to flash updated gpu bios provided by your videocard manufacturer.
To check if you have resizable bar support enable go to nvidia control panel -> system information.
So far it provides some benefits only for a pretty small list of titles.

Personally I don't observe any noticeable differences with my 3070.

DC9V

Forum veteran
For nvidia users:
Yes, resizable bar needs to be enabled in motherboard UEFI _BUT_ your gpu bios must support it.
Enabling it in the mobo bios is necessary but not sufficient.
Out of the box only RTX 3060 have gpu bios with resizable bar support.
For all other 30 series nvidias you need to flash updated gpu bios provided by your videocard manufacturer.
To check if you have resizable bar support enable go to nvidia control panel -> system information.
So far it provides some benefits only for a pretty small list of titles.

Personally I don't observe any noticeable differences with my 3070.
yea it's not a huge improvement. but If you compare the msrp from the 3080 with the 3090, the difference in performance which is about 10% seems to mean a lot to the guys at nvidia, so I will thankfully take every extra frame that I can get.

Top Bottom