NWN2 Area inclusion

+
NWN2 Area inclusion

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has attempted to use custom content areas from NWN2 into Witcher modules. Considering that both games are using the same engine, will this work? Other than walkmesh issues, I'd assume there shouldn't be any major problems incorporating prefabs from the NWN2 IGN Vault for use in Witcher mods. Am I completely wrong here?~ Roxy

NWN 2 uses Electron engine (based on Aurora, though) not Aurora. I don't think they'll work.

I thought the area systems were totally different, because NWN (1&2) uses a tileset system to create an area... so unless there's a way to export the whole finished puzzle of tiles into a single 3d model , I don't think it can ever be done :wall:which is sad because this way many guys who don't know squat about 3d -like me- would have been able to create totally new areas easily

I remember reading that someone had made a programme or something which enabled you to convert NWN areas for use in NWN2, so I thought it might work for The Witcher, too. Oh, well. *shrug* Perhaps in time....~ Roxy

I could be wrong, however I believe NWN 1 used the Aurora engine, you might try content from there. There were several attempts to auto-migrate content from NWN1 to NWN2 but I heard of none that worked.

Sagardlebarbare said:
I thought the area systems were totally different, because NWN (1&2) uses a tileset system to create an area... so unless there's a way to export the whole finished puzzle of tiles into a single 3d model , I don't think it can ever be done :wall:which is sad because this way many guys who don't know squat about 3d -like me- would have been able to create totally new areas easily
Actually, it should be possible to import areas from NWN after a little work in 3ds. It is definietely possible to import a single tile from NWN to Witcher.

Top Bottom