Oathbreaker Armor Crafting Bug

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oathbreaker Armor Crafting Bug

So I just started act 2 on Iorveth's path on dark mode and I was about to start farming for the Oathbreaker armor. after farming for along time i began to notice that my studded leather I was crafting wasn't appearing in the crafting menu. It got to the point were I had 18 studded leather for the chest piece and I would go to craft it and it showed I had 0. I had the Witcher 2 enhanced mod compilation on minimal so when this happened I uninstalled it and this bug still would happen. Can someone please help I need this armor to get through act 2

Last edited:
i think i had a similar bug with the studded leather and i have no mods , it showed that i had zero in my inventory but when i went to crafting items , it showed the correct number - there is something wrong in the game in connection with this crafting material .

do you know how to fix it

---------- Updated at 06:21 PM ----------

---------- Post merged on 27-04-2015 at 05:42 AM ----------

---------- Updated at 05:42 AM ----------

i think i had a similar bug with the studded leather and i have no mods , it showed that i had zero in my inventory but when i went to crafting items , it showed the correct number - there is something wrong in the game in connection with this crafting material .
Do you know how to fix it

---------- Updated at 05:42 AM ----------

Do you know how to fix it

Please stop bumping the thread, if anyone knew, they'd be replying.

This isn't a common problem, and is probably somehow related to that mod, maybe it doesn't uninstall correctly. Can you give more details of exactly which mod it was?

Sorry about that I wasn't sure how the forum structure worked and I was trying to reply to the first comment and I wasn't sure if I was

This is the mod and Used the minimal version
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/696/?

OK, it looks as though the mod replaces the vanilla base_scripts.dzip file, which will NOT automatically revert when you uninstall. The modder has kindly provided a copy of the vanilla version at The Nexus (at the bottom of the file list), otherwise reinstall your game (or verify it if you're on Steam).

If you did put back the base_scripts.dzip file manually, and are sure it's not that, upload a copy of your savegame to a hosting site such as mediafire or mega and post a link here. One way or another, I should be able to get you past this point. However, if the game files are corrupted, you could hit other problems later, so I'd still recommend reinstalling/verifying.

I found a fix that i though would work but it ended up causing my saves to mess up and not know how to fix in my anger and frustration I deleted them. I know that is stupid and I am sorry I did that. Thank you for you patience and willingness to help me but I think I will just start a new play through without the mod. Again I am sorry for taking up your time and I really appreciated your help

FIX IS EXTREMELY EASY
at least, it worked easily for me. The mod changes the item descriptions adding a class before the title of the item. To do that, it replaces the base_scripts.dzip file in the CookedPC directory of the game. The mod page itself advises that you backup the file before install.
To fix the studded leather problem, just move and save the mod's base_script.dzip somewhere, revert to you backup copy or download the vanilla / original base_scripts.dzip file and place it in the CookedPC folder. Start the game, craft the armor, exit. Go back to the CookedPC folder, bring back the mod's base_script file and keep playing the modded wonderful version.
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom