[OBSOLETE since EE]1eyedking's Complete Original Script (subtitles AND journal!)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job 1eyedking ;) I tried part of the fix out while Geralt was still at kaer morhen and it worked great with the original sub-titles.I'll go through act 1 later today and test it out more. I can see from what little I saw of it Atari did a crappy job cutting out allot of the the original scripting.Ill report back in later this evening and let ya'll know how it goes ;D

Good job! Now all we need is the polish voiceover animation, and the polish voiceover available for download for those who want it. Hopefully a modder can do this, but otherwise the devs have hinted at something like this coming.

Guys...What you are talking about is nothing but bugged, unofficial version of dialogues and journal which was for internal use only. Sorry to be the one to tell you that but if you look closer at this texts you'll se how bugged they are ;). These are absolutely NOT OFFICIAL dialouges and journals. So, congratulation 1eyedking since you were able to discover some of "dev mysteries" :) but there's no way we can call it "COMPLETE ORIGINAL SCRIPT" for The Witcher!!! ;) Please remember that these dialogues and journals are not part of the game and may contain many, many bugs. You may use it on your own responsibility - CD projekt will not support it in any way.EDIT: What more (I just received this info from production team) - Most of the "original" ;) dialogues are from early version of the game, some of them are outdated, some are bugged and some might even be in polish ;D. One thing is clear - it's not very reasonable to use them...

Dziadu said:
Guys...What you are talking about is nothing but bugged, unofficial version of dialogues and journal which was for internal use only. Sorry to be the one to tell you that but if you look closer at this texts you'll se how bugged they are ;). These are absolutely NOT OFFICIAL dialouges and journals. So, congratulation 1eyedking since you were able to discover some of "dev mysteries" :) but there's no way we can call it "COMPLETE ORIGINAL SCRIPT" for The Witcher!!! ;) Please remember that these dialogues and journals are not part of the game and may contain many, many bugs. You may use it on your own responsibility - CD projekt will not support it in any way.
I can understand where Dziadu is coming from and realize that CD projekt

Thanks A LOT for this, I've just read it at the codex forum ;)I was expecting it as much as I was expecting the 1.2 patch ^^Anyway I assume one problem remains: how to pause during dialogues\cutscenes, as long as i presume the video actually follows the VO. (hope this will be introduced in the next patch)

Looking at this, I think I will prefer the CDP bugged version rather than the ATARI butchered version :)
A: original script B: improved script C: cut script A. Don't make me laugh, Geralt. Simplicity suits you like a fist fits a nose, and sentimentality suits you even less. You can't deny that. You're too smart. Apart from that, who do you want to defend? Folest? A monarch who has more sins on his conscience than Phed has long words in his vocabulary? B. Don't make me laugh, Geralt. Simplicity suits you like a fist in a nose and sentimentality suits you even less. You can't deny that. You're too smart. Besides, who do you want to defend? Foltest? A monarch with more sins on his conscience than Professor has long words in his vocabulary C. Who are you fighting for? Foltest? A monarch with more sins on his conscience than Professor has words in his vocabulary? A. You're right. Mine was a rhetorical question. So if not Foltest, then who? The Lodge of Sorceresses? You know nothing about it. You may be sleeping with Merigold, but you have no idea what those bitches are capable of. I can tell you they had quite a bit of influence on the postwar treaties. The resettlements, deportations, the unresolved matter of the Scoia'tael and others... C. If not Foltest, then who? The Lodge of the Sorceresses? You know not what those bitches do to influence postwar treaties. The resettlements, deportations, the unresolved matter of the Scoia'tael, and others... A. Then he disappeared, just like that. He wandered around that damnable tower. Perhaps he encountered a very powerful monster? C. Then he disappeared. Perhaps he encountered a powerful monster? A. Shouldn't answer a question with a question. Saw somebody like you recently. I asked the reverend who it was. Never learned his name, but I know he tried to get in the city. B. Should never answer a question with another. Saw one like you recently and asked the reverend who it was. Never learned his name, but I know he wished to enter the city. C. Saw one like you recently and asked the reverend. Never learned his name, but he wished to enter the city. A. Apart from that, during the war he cared only for his crown, allowing Nilfgaard to plunder and torch the neighboring kingdoms he had made alliances with. Simple people are dying of hunger there to this day. Is he worth fighting for? B. Furthermore, during the war, he cared only for his crown, allowing Nilfgaard to plunder and torch neighboring allied kingdoms. Simple people are dying of hunger there to this day. Is he worth fighting for? C. Furthermore, during the war, he allowed Nilfgaard to plunder and torch neighboring allied kingdoms. A. I see you don't learn from your mistakes. But that's not determination, that's just stupidity. Want me to surprise you? Fine. Remember the magic book from the Tower in the swamp? Observe some useful spells you gave me... C. Remember the magic book from the Tower in the swamp? Observe some spells... A. You, simple? Don't make me laugh, Geralt. But that's meaningless. Nothing will change, except for the fact that there will be one witcher less. C. Nothing will change, except there'll be one witcher less. A. The mage's tower? What good is human magic? Fireworks and jugglers' tricks, that's all. I doubt the tower's worth your while. Ask Yaevin, he was interested in that building. B. The mage's tower? What good is human magic? Fireworks and jugglers' tricks, nothing more. The tower's hardly worth your while. However, ask Yaevinn. He showed interest in that building. C. What good is human magic? Tricks, nothing more. However, Yaevinn showed interest in that building. A. Angular houses, dirty streets. The place lacks the beauty that inevitably surrounds my people. B. Stocky houses, dirty streets. The place lacks the beauty that inevitably surrounds my people. C. This place lacks the beauty that normally surrounds my people. A. It chiefly enables conversations over relatively short distances. With some knowledge of magic, one could draw quite a bit of information from it. If the Salamanders were using it to communicate with headquarters, they'll have no problem localizing it... B. It allows conversations over relatively short distances. The Salamanders may've used it to communicate with headquarters. With some knowledge of magic, one could draw quite a bit of information from it C. It allows conversations over short distances. With some knowledge of magic, one could draw quite a bit of information from it. A. Cherry vodka for Dandelion, rose wine for me... and something for you. C. Cherry vodka, rose wine... and something for you. A. You see this mess all around? Bandits, monsters, and city hall barely does anything. No one knows where decisions are made or who is responsible. B. Look around: Bandits, monsters, and.... No one knows who's responsible or where to make decisions. City hall is silent. C. Look around: Bandits, monsters, and... City hall is silent. A. True, but the situation now is nothing like Oxenfurt. Ah, college days! C. This is nothing like Oxenfurt. A. Tell me, is there a chance I'll recover? Tell me! B. Tell me, have I the chance to recover? Speak true! C. Have I a chance to recover?

Someone at RPG Codex made a mod that restores the original dialogue while also keeping the journal entries English! Give him some love!http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21845

kuddles said:
Someone at RPG Codex made a mod that restores the original dialogue while also keeping the journal entries English! Give him some love!http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21845
That was me ;D .Also, beware, though you'll find the dialogue to be uncut for the most part, it could also be bugged/outdated/out-of-place as the developers have said. It's an unofficial mod, so if you do find errors do not assume the developers intended it this way!

Khalan said:
It's already on these forums, and it's by the original poster of this topic, 1eyedking, who has already posted it here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7040.01eyedking: You should close the earlier topics or get them merged. There are 3 I think, would make things easier to have them all in one spot.
I'll see to it, though I don't know about the merged part.Also, it would be nice if they changed the name of 'Complete Original Script' to 'Uncut English Subtitles', as developers have said it is not the intended script.

Even if they are unofficial and buggy they can't actually reduce the game quality as the spoken lines are still genuine. So you can't miss out on anything, right?Besides, it'll be interesting to see just how much difference there is.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the uncut dialogues along (with polish voices).Though there are one or two rough edges, the overall experience is, in my opinion. much better.Definitely worth a try!

just wondering i have the polish version and would love to change it to english would any of these fixes work for me

Good work 1eyedking! You got it working. I will try it out. :)I rather like the original scripts more.oh, we got over 0.5 inch of ice storm here last night. good grief.

Dziadu,I have to take issue with you mate. 1eyedking went to the trouble of doing this for the fan community and deserves thanks. Your post was patronising and negative, no matter how many smiley faces you stick in there :eek: So what if it is not official? Have you never tried a mod for any game? None of them are official, yet (on the whole) they add to the gaming experience. That's fine by me, and very welcome!Your use of the word 'bugged' confused me. I assume you mean there are inconsistencies in the text of some sort, and you are not referring to the game code. The fact that i have the spoken English dialogue running means that such inconsistencies do not negatively impact on my enjoyment of the game (i have not encountered any yet btw).So to mirror everyone who's posted to this thread (except you); Thanks 1eyedking. Great work.

In order to get the journal entries into English, did you change inside languages.2da the original default 'Debug' to English_short? Just looking at the file.
1 1 English 1252 enPhonemes FinalEnglish_Short 1 **** **** 2 2 FinalEnglish 1252 enPhonemes FinalEnglish_Short 0
original
1 1 English 1252 enPhonemes Debug 1 **** **** 2 2 FinalEnglish 1252 enPhonemes English 0
Slick fix! ;D

duhast36 said:
just wondering i have the polish version and would love to change it to english would any of these fixes work for me
Download my fix in this other thread. Execute the registry update from the option you like most.Then rename your 'voices_5_00.bif' file in your Data folder to 'voices_3_00.bif'.You're good to go!

Xerxes712 said:
In order to get the journal entries into English, did you change inside languages.2da the original default 'Debug' to English_short?
Yep, that was it! ;DPS: The other .key and .tlk files are just copies of the originals renamed. I made this so switching between different subtitle versions would be easier, without the need to rename anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom