Obtaining permission to use Cyberpunk/witcher

+
Hi I'm a huge fan of The Witcher series and I've been obsessing over Cyberpunk for a little over a year now. I'm starting a radio show and youtube channel soon where I'd like to be able to broadcast play The Witcher and eventually cyberpunk 2077.

Is there a process I have to go through to use footage from my game plays?

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Hi I'm a huge fan of The Witcher series and I've been obsessing over Cyberpunk for a little over a year now. I'm starting a radio show and youtube channel soon where I'd like to be able to broadcast play The Witcher and eventually cyberpunk 2077.

Is there a process I have to go through to use footage from my game plays?

Hey! Welcome on forums!

Like Sardukhar said - we're always happy to see people enjoying our games and we do not mind using them to create new content for personal enjoyment (as long as it's not distributed for money or used for commercial purposes) :)

You can find more detailed description of how we approach User Generated Content in the 9th section of our User Agreement: https://regulations.cdprojektred.com/en/user_agreement

Oh and the relevant point for broadcasters -

"for example, don't use them to make money – with an exception for monetizing fan work on video-sharing websites – more about this exception in point 11 of this Agreement "

which leads to:

"We give you permission to create fan work (e.g. machinima, 'Let's Play' or other videos, artwork and fan mods) regarding CD PROJEKT RED games, unless our legal Rules for a game in question say differently. You do not need our permission to monetize use of such fan work on video-sharing websites. Please remember that you’re responsible for your fan works (especially any content which you make or which involves third parties). Please also remember our rules regarding User Generated Content above. "

But check out the whole agreement. Note as CDPR sums it up it's mostly,

"You can make CD PROJEKT RED Let’s Play and other fan works, but you’re responsible for them. And just to be clear, for all of you doing Let’s Plays on YouTube, we are totally fine with it and yes, when you monetize it we are also fine. "

Oh and again, while doing this, don't be a jerk online. Thanks.

Ive put some music on Youtube, and use Cyberpunk 2077 as a draw, its not so big deal, they dont shoot you immediately, they give you 3 warning before they start to take legal actions against you.

Top Bottom