Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that the animations were the same, but slowed down. The problem is not about slow or fast action, instead it revolves around the nature of the animations itself. They are quite clunky and too hurried and the collisions effects (which have always been the weak spot of the entire saga) are poor.
Plus, the camera was closer and, even with the flaws I stated above, it gave a terrific feedback, making you feel inside the melee. Now we see everything from afar, so the ugly animations are uglier. I hope that the camera will be customizable in the option menu.
For what concerns enemy's A.i. and attacks, I'd say that we have seen only thugs in the human department, so I wouldn't expect complexity in their attacks, they should only be a bit more aggressive, attack simultaneously and from all the sides AND not walking into Yrden traps when casted kilometers away from them.
Speaking of the monsters, especially about the werewolf, I'd have expected a more ferocious behavior, with takedown, clawing and biting attempts.
I'm not asking to recreate the attacks from zero, but just to enhance their pace and occurrence.

None of the trailer was in slow motion, there is no reason why they would have decided to make that part slow motion. It SEEMS like that because his animations in that clip are actually weighty.

---------- Updated at 09:13 PM ----------

I'm really sorry guys for being so snarky. But it sucks that this is the ONE thing that I dislike so far. I am getting nitpicky.

None of the trailer was in slow motion, there is no reason why they would have decided to make that part slow motion. It SEEMS like that because his animations in that clip are actually weighty.

---------- Updated at 09:13 PM ----------

I'm really sorry guys for being so snarky. But it sucks that this is the ONE thing that I dislike so far. I am getting nitpicky.

Slow motion means moviola. With slow I meant with a slower pace. Geralt IS slower in that footage as well as in the one of the 2013 VGX. Also enemy's reaction to slashes when slowed down seems to be enhanced, but it's not like that. Anyway, you are not nitpicky, as I don't like the animations too. I hope they fix them, but I don't know if they'll have the time to do so. In fact, I suspect that they will be busy trying to make the graphics decent on XboxOne.
For this reason I said in other posts to focus only on what we think is realistically fixable in this amount of time. I would like to have better animations too, but I don't want to have high expectations and to be disappointed later. I'd make the most of a backlash fix (THAT is really bad).

Slow motion means moviola. With slow I meant with a slower pace. Geralt IS slower in that footage as well as in the one of the 2013 VGX. Also enemy's reaction to slashes when slowed down seems to be enhanced, but it's not like that. Anyway, you are not nitpicky, as I don't like the animations too. I hope they fix them, but I don't know if they'll have the time to do so. In fact, I suspect that they will be busy trying to make the graphics decent on XboxOne.
For this reason I said in other posts to focus only on what we think is realistically fixable in this amount of time. I would like to have better animations too, but I don't want to have high expectations and to be disappointed later. I'd make the most of a backlash fix (THAT is really bad).

Ah I just realized what you mean lol. The animations are essentially the same, just more slowed down. I get it! Sorry!

And hey if people are gonna say that this is gonna be the "game of all games" , the "crown jewel of RPG, open world, and adventure games" then that is what I am expecting

People would just stop overreacting about the downgrade, there is no downgrade, the trailer is old gameplay and if you saw the uncompressed video is not that bad as you are saying, i'm playing DAI now and looks better than any other game except the witcher 2, and still what is saw in the last trailer looks better, everything looks better in the witcher 3 compared to Dragon Age Inquisition while i read people saying this is the Apocalypse witcher. c'mon.....

Is so obvious that the trailer just helped the game to be delayed and that delay is for making the game better. Oh wait, the slow animations now are better than the faster, how is that?

What do you mean "hurry making the trailer"?
Is it not in-game?
I take it you didn't see Chris's post? This trailer was made for The Game Awards. They were given short notice and rushed to make one to show at the event. The youtube channel Mega64 said they were given only 6 hours to shoot and submit a video to meet a deadline to show a video show at The Game Awards so maybe CDPR got the same short notice.

I take it you didn't see Chris's post? This trailer was made for The Game Awards. They were given short notice and rushed to make one to show at the event. The youtube channel Mega64 said they were given only 6 hours to shoot and submit a video to meet a deadline to show a video show at The Game Awards so maybe CDPR got the same short notice.
Hold on, I am asking whether the footage in trailer is from the game or not

Hold on, I am asking whether the footage in trailer is from the game or not
What else would it be from? The thing is that this trailer wasn't planned and the last in-game trailer we got was from E3. If they rushed to make a trailer then they probably didn't film new footage and just used old footage from around E3. You can clearly see that a lot of things are the same as they were in E3. The only really bad looking stuff is The Wild hunt which is even good quality in some scenes. I've posted comparison images a ton of times

Well played on new screenshots, it was all we needed. Shame you couldn't have done it sooner in order to alleviate people's concerns. I will still be watching this game closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom