Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What struck me as the most interesting here is that the Ultra settings are still disabled. Now I don't have any hard evidence, but it's very likely that the Gameplay we're about to see (Or some of us have already watched) and the most recent screenshots were probably taken from the PC High build, which is only slightly better than the PS4 Version (Better textures, and of course framerate).

I remain convinced that the Ultra setting is going the be a SOLID step up, and I think anyone who has the pleasure of playing the game on Ultra will probably experience graphically the same game as what we've seen in the previous footage (Minus anything that had sharpening), or at least bloody close to it.

Edit: Also I think that the fact that the PS4 version not only has better textures than the X1 & a higher resolution is clear proof that anyone who thought "parity" or CDPR's marketing connection with Microsoft was going to impact the game, can officially get fucked.

Not only this, but I also just read in one article, that the difference between console and PC graphics in one of the demo events was considerable.

Now many other articles said the difference was minimal or not noticed, but if the eyes of some of them caught something, its probably there, plus the versions were all there next to each other.

"I remain convinced that the Ultra setting is going the be a SOLID step up, and I think anyone who has the pleasure of playing the game on Ultra will probably experience graphically the same game as what we've seen in the previous footage" this is exactly my position as of now, same as it was before.

@ TheEvilChris
It's very easy to clear the doubt of downgrade. Simply release uncompressed video of the new 15 min game play demo

@ TheEvilChris
It's very easy to clear the doubt of downgrade. Simply release uncompressed video of the new 15 min game play demo
what would be the point of that when the highest possible setting are not yet avaiable?

this is what the game will look like on high, with some improvements towards the release day

ultra will blow it out of water, even though it will probably only run from 970 upwards:rly?:

what would be the point of that when the highest possible setting are not yet avaiable?

this is what the game will look like on high, with some improvements towards the release day

ultra will blow it out of water, even though it will probably only run from 970 upwards:rly?:
It was not available for on hands demo. But I'm sure it's available for Reds.

Well I hope the game allows for people to 'customize' the graphics settings. Like they did with TW2, before launching the game give us a settings console and allow us to fiddle around with different settings. So we are not stuck with the graphical presets.

According to http://www.witchersite.pl/ one of the guys who attended the event played on PC on ultra settings, to quote "Podczas prezentacji grałem w Wiedźmina 3 na ustawieniach ultra" which translates to ''During the presentation I played The Witcher 3 on ultra settings''

So either Ultra was available or he is mistaking High with Ultra, but it doesn't sound like it...

Although according to http://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_recenzje/wiedzmin-3-dziki-gon-rozgrywka.html The gameplay videos that have been released as linked in the article are better looking than the build they played at the event, the words used were ''the game looks visibly better'' than it did during the event.

Last edited:
I wish CDP would simply showcase in the latest build the same locations at same time of day and weather that were showcased in VGX and SoD trailers. Then this thread could hopefully die.

According to http://www.witchersite.pl/ one of the guys who attended the event played on PC on ultra settings, to quote "Podczas prezentacji grałem w Wiedźmina 3 na ustawieniach ultra" which translates to ''During the presentation I played The Witcher 3 on ultra settings''

So either Ultra was available or he is mistaking High with Ultra, but it doesn't sound like it...

Doesn't make sense though, if he got to play it on ultra when many other people could only play it on high setting.
I think he just played on high and mistook it as ultra settings.

Some cases you vision shows right, but most of them don't if we look at analytical critics, like comparing one gameplay to another and see the differences in quality, real ones. Not everything is imagination, just that you can't see.

---------- Updated at 09:29 AM ----------

In a democracy you can yell without the need of a backing it up. When you start to censor that, you keep only one voice, so not need of a truth anymore since is not any different point of view, based or not.
When you make a claim the burden of proof is on you. If you just keep repeating that claim over and over without providing proof then nobody should take you seriously. Some people just say "Downgrade" and that's it.

I will contribute to this by saying that the character models and faces are pretty great looking..... but that wall texture, how does anyone sitting on the art team look at that texture and go, yeah that looks good. Just a plain, flat texture, no tessellation or anything. Its 2015 guys, come on, this was demo'd off to the public? Ick.
View attachment 9697
View attachment 9694

Attachments

• Ugh.jpg
    Ugh.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Ugh2.jpg
    Ugh2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 45
I wish CDP would simply showcase in the latest build the same locations at same time of day and weather that were showcased in VGX and SoD trailers. Then this thread could hopefully die.

That's probably the best thing they could do now, I agree.

I wander why Dx11 was not activated when the pics were taken, no tessellation? WHY? Other recent videos I seen, the ground looks horrendous! low res apart from characters?

It's NOT called tessellation, it's bump-mapping. Tessellation is completely different, and much more resource intensive. DX11 is not needed at all.

Again the same proble, flat textures. Real flat textures, like leather or emtal with scratches look great, but when real depth is needed, it looks horrible, and this surprises me, since it's not difficult to make textures with bump mapping even for an indie game.

Xbox One footage shown on stream. Same stuff I've seen on GT and they said they played that version. Also, the build is clearly unfinished. Trees don't belong with the ground textures (reminds me when I miss matched texture mods in Skyrim). Keep that in mind before you comment.
On the new screenshots, the game seems more colorful, less muted. Perhaps that's where some of the downgrade claims come from. Try putting an old game screenshot in grayscale. Or better yet, compare L.A. Noire in color, then with the B&W filter on. Less color intensity results in an image blending in.

I will contribute to this by saying that the character models and faces are pretty great looking..... but that wall texture, how does anyone sitting on the art team look at that texture and go, yeah that looks good. Just a plain, flat texture, no tessellation or anything. Its 2015 guys, come on, this was demo'd off to the public? Ick.
View attachment 9697
View attachment 9694

It is more that the characters seem to have gotten more attention and thus make the textures near them.....less than stellar.

It is more that the characters seem to have gotten more attention and thus make the textures near them.....less than stellar.

I think it's more that in 2015 we could get completely flat brick textures.

Yeah I think that is part of it.
I don't mind the textures being not that great on "medium" graphical settings as long as the "high/ultra" will have better wall textures.
I'm not that focused on graphics.

Story quality and gameplay are more important IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom