Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The initial trailer is still out there and hasn't been addressed by CDPRED or anyone affiliated with them. Are we supposed to ignore it? "LOL GUISE DAT WAS A JOKE XDDD ITS NOT INGAME ITS JUST A PUBLICITY STUNT HERE THIS IS THE REAL ONE"
You act like the SOD trailer looked COMPLETELY different than the latest footage. But in reality, it doesn't. There are some differences in DETAIL, that's all. It's still the same game and no publicity stunt or joke...

There is actually nothing that imo either deserves a statement by CDPR nor a big outcry of disappointed fans...

Sweet Jesus, I repeat what I said earlier. Chill out, and take a look at some of the latest gameplay, and those screenshots blady posted a second ago. Also check out some other current ones if that isn't enough for you. The game is coming along fine, and the improvements are drastic every time they show new gameplay. Also the trailers you are harping on as the golden standard are really not as impressive as you think it is. For example take a look at the muted colors, horrible texture details on Geralts hair, and armor. As well as dozen other issues with it like texture, and asset pop in during the playing sequence.

^This. This exactly what i was thinking. Relax and take a look at how the game is being improved, which it obviously has by a large margin

The initial trailer is still out there and hasn't been addressed by CDPRED or anyone affiliated with them. Are we supposed to ignore it? "LOL GUISE DAT WAS A JOKE XDDD ITS NOT INGAME ITS JUST A PUBLICITY STUNT HERE THIS IS THE REAL ONE"

It smells like bait and switch to me.

I believe you'll find that they are the opposite of that.

They did address it.

Aren't you afraid that the situation of Watch_Dogs will repeat itself, when the first trailer was compared to the final built of the game?

If one watched the trailer they would see that the character models in the game look better, even Geralt, he's been perfected - he's got better shaders, for instance. We made lots of new details, considerably improved the facial expressions and lip synchronization with spoken lines. We're dubbing it to 7 languages so we're not able to record motion capture of changes of the actor's face, like in Call of Duty. It wouldn't fit on three blu-rays. So we implemented the dynamic system based on sounds/phones, like in The Witcher 1 and 2, where it was weak. In The Witcher 3 it's incomparably better done, we've raised the bar for whole industry in comparison to other games that have to use the same system [like, among others, BioWare's games - editor note] and you couldn't see this in the trailer.

However the issue of lighting quality in that trailer remains subjective. We've made a mistake of rendering some shots in dark and gray colors. It was just an option picked randomly by the engine. I think that there will be places in the game that it will look stunningly good and no-one will accuse us of changes from the first trailer. Unfortunately, there will also be places where the game will look worse. It also happens in GTA - when the storm comes and it's gray, especially in the woods, graphics will for sure seem worse than in the living city illuminated with neons.

Dude, just DON'T BUY THE GAME. Why do you even talk so much about it? Spare yourself the anger and time and move on. The game looks a bit worse than in an early trailer, you feel betrayed, ok, if that's what really is important to you. Life goes on. I'm sure there will be a perfect PC game for you to play, someday in the next decade or two. Have fun with that one but please stop making something up like this graphical discussion is the worst thing ever. That's just not true.

Witcher 3 is a gorgeous game but not the graphical messiah you're obviously waiting for. That should be pretty clear. Either that's enough for you or not, it's up to you.

Downgrade is real

Official screenshots, same resolution same quality. there is also 1080p version but difference is already visible, so i wont een bother looking for them

Chill out, and take a look at some of the latest gameplay, and those screenshots blady posted a second ago

Again, you keep ignoring what I say, you sem to live in denial. Chill out and explain me how the things I mentioned, suddenly, don't exist. I don't care about compression. Compress the pictures from the trailer and the difference is the same.

Also check out some other current ones if that isn't enough for you
Terrible compared to the old ones. There is nothing more recent that the gameplay those pictures are from.

The game is coming along fine, and the improvements are drastic every time they show new gameplay.
For the people who ignore factual differences, it's fine, but not for me. The improvements are, yes, drastically negative every time they show new gameplay. Many effects just disappear, as well as vegetation, vegetation quality or geometry.

. Also the trailers you are harping on as the golden standard are really not as impressive as you think it is. For example take a look at the muted colors, horrible texture details on Geralts hair, and armor. As well as dozen other issues with it; like texture, and asset pop in.

The trailers show many things that have disappeared. I don't care about colors. I can use sweet FX and turn the game into a mass of bright colors.
Texture details on Geralt's hair and armor are nothing compared to the other things. That's exactly what console developers do: they give detail to the main character and everything else is really messy.Texture and asset pop in are technical issues that are fixed with a patch in a week. Look at RAGE: terrible technical issues that were fixed. Terrible textures that are still there.

Last edited:
Well, If you are concerned about game quality - cancel preorder, wait until May, read reviews, watch gameplay vids or whatnot...And then decide what to do, buy it or not, play it or not...

Downgrade is real

Official screenshots, same resolution same quality. there is also 1080p version but difference is already visible, so i wont een bother looking for them

Those are two different locations with different weather elements running. Kind of hard to compare. For the me the trailer image looks a lot worst because its blurred to hell. Also isn't that a screenshot released from even before the first E3 footage?

Last edited:
I don't think this conversation is getting anywhere at the moment. Some people are always in for the graphics i suppose. They even refuse to spot the improvements even if they are unhappy with the game in general.

Spare yourself the anger and time and move on. The game looks a bit worse than in an early trailer, you feel betrayed, ok, if that's what really is important to you.
I Love The Witcher series games. I was waiting for every new The witcher game for years. (game already pre-ordered almost a year ago) And i want my favorite game to looks PERFECT, Better than anything what exist. And what i see now? Graphics level = DA Inquisition (Shadows - even worse than DAI). So what? Why i cant talk about it in this relevant thread?

Everyone can talk about what they like or don't like. It's a forum and a thread to discuss the games graphics. Just don't be irrational (not you personally) and say that "every gameplay we see is worse than the previous". That is completely not true and it's just the "anger" speaking. Anger which for me personally is without justification since you haven't got your hands on the final product. When you watch the 35 minute gameplay and then watch the new 15 minute one, can you honestly claim that it's gotten worse? Then sorry but i'll start to doubt your view about what's good graphically and what isn't

Again, you keep ignoring what I say, you sem to live in denial. Chill out and explain me how the things I mentioned, suddenly, don't exist. I don't care about compression. Compress the pictures from the trailer and the difference is the same.

Ignore your youtube screenshots from WIP footage? Because thats all you have provided evidence wise so far. The screenshots blady used earlier showed noticeable improvement in several ares. Although it seems like he is trying to start an argument as a troll rather than contribute anything with that alpha footage screenshot he used as "downgrade" proof. If you want to ignore game improvements, and imagine the alpha footage trailer you keep harking back to is some unimaginable piece of perfection than you are the one seeing the world a heavier distortion than me. The trailer had pop in, muted colors, no hair physics, heavy sharpening filter, barren waste lands with less foliage.

---------- Updated at 08:08 PM ----------

Yeah its pretty obvious your trying to troll at this point.

I Love The Witcher series games. I was waiting for every new The witcher game for years. (game already pre-ordered almost a year ago) And i want my favorite game to looks PERFECT, Better than anything what exist. And what i see now? Graphics level = DA Inquisition (Shadows - even worse than DAI). So what? Why i cant talk about it in this relevant thread?
You got me wrong. Of course you can discuss that. It's more about the tone. I was in conversation with a certain specific member so what I say also don't apply to everyone here, naturally.

The other pictures were even older WIP footage. There are improvements in some fields, but overall, it's now a console game.

Everyone can talk about what they like or don't like. It's a forum and a thread to discuss the games graphics. Just don't be irrational (not you personally) and say that "every gameplay we see is worse than the previous". That is completely not true and it's just the "anger" speaking. Anger which for me personally is without justification since you haven't got your hands on the final product. When you watch the 35 minute gameplay and then watch the new 15 minute one, can you honestly claim that it's gotten worse? Then sorry but i'll start to doubt your view about what's good graphically and what isn't

True, i can said, that 35min gameplay + xbox griffin gameplay + this 12 min gаmeplay - looks identical. But ALL of this stuff - much, much WORSE, than 2013 build screenshots\videos? And I am not alone with this thought. So Why? Can u tel me\us?

Last edited:
Wrong. A trailer can never deliver on that. A trailer is a PURE marketing and PR product to raise interest for your product.

Maybe you also mix up movies and games. In movies trailers are made AFTER the movie is shot, in games trailers are often made BEFORE the product is done. They both have the same purpose (to raise attention and "hype") but they can't be compared on the content level.

So no, we don't excuse anything or anyone here. We also don't need to because you just defined the "role of a trailer" in a way that it fits to your story no matter if that's right or not (and it isn't).

The sooner you understand that a trailer is just a mere marketing tool in gaming the sooner we can finally end this pointless discussion.

Wow...that's stupid. I guess there's no point watching trailers for games anymore.

Last edited:
My main complaint with the game is the absence of tessellation, the game looks completely flat everywhere: buildings, terrain, walls, etc.

There's a scene with a brick wall in the latest video where Geralt is talking with two guards, it's just a simple texture and completely kills the immersion, not even PoM used.

Disappointing, because I think it would give the game a whole different look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom