Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a Red Bird said months ago, that they still had tricks up their sleeves about all this.
I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm inclined to believe him and that all will be well with TW3 in the end ;)

The articles reported of dips while moving in the map. Even if the game was running on ssd there is still a chance that those perceived as fps dips-performance inadequancies simply were loadings form the hard drive.. Which maybe will be fixed upon launch.. Ad Chris said the whole team is working hard on the game, fans simply have to trust them until the game is release because here we are just talking nonsense.. Some defending their trust in CDPR, some being skeptical, both without solid technical proof about what we're really discussing: Performance of a game months away from release.. Let's wait for God's sake

Last edited:
Question for Marcin and Evil Chris can you tell us more about optimization, will one gtx 970 be able to run it on ultra minus ubersampling and with smaa ? Can you tell us please. You wunded this Griffin (thread) finish it with this answer.

@up
It was widely disputed here already and I'm deeply convinced that neither Marcin nor Evil Chris will tell you if GTX 970 is enough, because right now there is a process of optimization, so ask them week before release and they might know the answer.

Last edited:
@up
It was widely disputed here and I'm deeply convinced that neither Marcin nor Evil Chris will tell you if GTX 970 is enough, because right now there is a process of optimization, so you may ask them week before release and they might know the answer.
Maybe they can give us some insights of the current state of the port regarding fps.

They won't and probably don't know the answer. You have to wait still a few months. In the meantime let's be positive. You'll have all the time to be angry if the released game does not meet your expectations, but for now give 'em some trust.. it will be better for both sides :)

They won't and probably don't know the answer. You have to wait still a few months. In the meantime let's be positive. You'll have all the time to be angry if the released game does not meet your expectations, but for now give 'em some trust.. it will be better for both sides :)
I don't want to be angry i love witcher series and Cd project red , but i dont have console and believe me Gtx 970 is luxury in my country. I wish so bad that this game will be the best one ever.

Ok so have faith ad I said ;) I repect your point of view, simply there's no need to think for the worst when they've just showcased you a beautiful game. We only have to be patient and do not raise too much our expectations because it leads to disappointment even with the best of masterpieces. Miracles cannot be done after all. But it's their best interest to optimize the game and 970 is a powerful gpu (I'm probably buying it too in the future)

I've heard the 970 has issues when you are running a game and uses more than 3.5gb. We don't know yet what TW3 consumes of the hardware but I'm sure you won't have troubles to run the game in Ultra settings and CD Projekt Red will do a great optimization work.

In my case, I hope my PC can run TW3 at least in High/30fps.with some details in Medium if i have to (Shadows and AA) :thumbup:

My big question for the CDPR guys is whether or not proper SLI scaling is going to work "out of the box" on Day 1 or not? I am so tired of PC releases that either have broken SLI or not proper scaling, etc....

Also I am wondering if there is proper multi core cpu optimization? There are STILL games coming out in 2015 that have only one CPU core running at 100% and the rest just sitting there virtually doing nothing and it has a massive negative impact on performance.

Lastly, please tell me that we will get tessellation (as well as all the other Nvidia gameworks specific graphic effects) on day 1. I feel like these games that are advertising nvidia game works and showing all the features the game will have only for consumers to be handed games that are missing some of those features and maybe will be patched in later is all too common.

Those are really my only concerns for the game. I loved the first 2 games and have this one preordered but I fear that simply due to how many PC games have shipped with features missing or lack of proper PC hardware utilization, I'm wanting some sort of reassurance from the developers that this game will ship to PC gamers with full utilization of the PC's hardware and that I won't have to wait a week or two for the game to get patches that it should have shipped with.

Whether or not the game runs at a blistering frame rate is not my concern. I just want to know that the game is running as efficiently as it possibly can on the hardware I give to it and if that hardware simply isn't fast enough to give me X fps or X resolution, I'm totally fine with that. If the performance isn't where I want it to be, I want it to be because I haven't thrown powerful enough hardware at it, NOT because the SLI scaling is only utilizing 50 or 60% of the 2 GPU's or that only one or two CPU cores are being utilized instead of all of them.

Thanks for any answers and reassurance.

port issue
Yeah, or just poor optimisation from CDPR? The Witcher 2 on release (in 2011 Top graphics was GTX 580) couldn't work even with 30fps on real ultra settings. Even now i dont have stable 60fps in The witcher 2 with my GTX 970 graphic card. History repeats again..

@FastRedPonyCar
It mostly depends on Nvidia's drivers, whether the GameReady drivers they release have the SLI profile or not.

It's not Nvidia Tessellation they're using, it's native so it won't be some 'post-patch' thing. Things like HBAO+ etc etc will be on the game no doubt.

Yeah, or just poor optimisation from CDPR? The Witcher 2 on release (in 2011 Top graphics was GTX 580) couldn't work even with 30fps on real ultra settings. Even now i dont have stable 60fps in The witcher 2 with my GTX 970 graphic card. History repeats again..
That doesn't say anything, Witcher 2 is both heavy on the CPU and GPU as well, you could add 4x 970s but that's not going to take the load off the CPU if that's what's bottlenecking you. Ultra includes Ubersampling, that's rendering at 4K. You think 4K 60fps was possible in 2011?

You think 4K 60fps was possible in 2011?
No, but i want at least 30fps in TW3 on real ultra settngs (all - ON) with One powerfull GPU(970\780Ti\980), Not 2 in SLI, ot not dual GPU.
In 2011, playing The witcher 2 with 30 stable fps on Ultra was real only with 2 gtx 580's..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom