Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say that comparison is not very fair actually.

the swamp is clearly covered with a grey/blueish fog that blocks light in a particular way, and the vgx footage happens with the sun down, in the demo it was another time of the day that doesnt benefit graphics that much.

it may not even be the same swamp actually.
That last part of the image is not official. It is something a fan made on 4chan that argues that it does not look drastically away from the top. The water and model quality needs increased and for bloom to be added (Personally, I dislike bloom)

I think you're pulling images from that /v/ thread without reading the posts attached to them. That image is made to show with a few edits it's not far away from the top image and it kind of isn't. It needs bloom and some other details increased.
That doesn't dismiss the complete difference in the water quality, lighting, foliage density, etc.

Yeah, yeah the graphic whores wont stop whining...

can i fanboygasm over the trailer and the fact that Ciri is going to be a playable character?

Anyway not really surprised that there was a downgrade. there are still people that believe that the graphics on early trailers is how the game is going to look in the end and not the target graphical level that designers are trying to achieve. Probably was done to make it more stable not to deceive the consumer.

anyway likely on PC it will look as good in the other trailers with ultra settings.

Thank you for that.

It may not sound like it from my previous post, but graphics are not that important to me. Misrepresenting the product IS.
They said the game will look unbelievable on many occasions, but that's just not the case in the latest trailer. They also said a great deal of other things which made TW3 my most anticipated game ever, and the slight possibility that these other things might be false is very worrying. That's my main problem whit their marketing.

I really hope I'm wrong about that last part, or better yet, Marcin can prove me wrong whit a statmen about why this trailer was even shown at game awards, considering the state that its in.

That last part of the image is not official. It is something a fan made on 4chan that argues that it does not look drastically away from the top. The water and model quality needs increased and for bloom to be added (Personally, I dislike bloom)

yeah i read that, i was addressing the first three, or any other comparison between vgx and the demo footage in the swamps.

you have various 35min long demos, that were played on middle-end(hope you know what i mean) PC´s and you still believe this downgrade ****?

The Witcher 3 will look incredible on PC. It is going to look worse on PS4 and Xbox One. That is just the reality. Was the entire game downgraded for all platforms? Highly doubtful considering CDPR is a PC-centric developer and loves their long-established fan base. I am not concerned. A trailer is a trailer. Honestly, there is so many other facets of TW3 to look forward to than just eye candy visuals. That's only a part of what makes the franchise great, and a minor one at that.

okay, yeah, you´re right.
I´m just kinda shocked how everyone is dooming CDPR and callimg them liars.

Well. I wouldn't call them liars personally. BUT, I do see differences in this trailer. I simply cannot help but seeing them, and I consider myself to be a pretty passionate witcher fan. Hell, I spent $ 300+ on the E3 2014 exclusive press statute in addition to buying other limited merchandise.

It does kind of hurt. I am just hoping that trailer is for the Xbone version.

That doesn't dismiss the complete difference in the water quality, lighting, foliage density, etc.
And the E3 build was 4 months old when they showed it and is 10 months old now. Yes, you are right. The water and Geralt I think are the biggest differences there after the fan edit. The entire point of that image is that the differences are not huge ones though. I personally don't think they are. The recent famitsu shots looked extremely better in a lot of ways if you've seen them. Famitsu are the most recent screenshots we have (From a month or so ago)

Here is another comparison

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102245

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom