Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why people are outraged or crying over this. I know I won't be able to play it on a high setting anyway. It's all about the story and the gameplay experience to me. And nice graphics are a nice bonus but not the main selling point. Neve were and never will be. Why play games if you want to watch something with high graphics. Just go watch movies. :p

I can't speak for others, but I can tell you why bad graphics worries me. It's because I don't see graphics as isolated from the rest of the game (story, settings etc.) All aspects of TW3 are made by one dev whose defining wonder throughout these years is their attitude to treasure their games (and gamers) as art, and hence pushed their games beyond limits. The recent unsatisfactory graphics hint at the loss of that attitude. If such a loss is true, it will influence many more aspects of the game than just the graphics.

Now, I'm eager to be proven wrong by solid materials, or at least solid explanations.

Firstly don't call you "rest of us", secondly - I can understand concerns, but I will not understand hasty judgements, impatience and hatred posts.

Behaviour of intelligent people is: Express concerns ... waiting for response ... waiting for possible rectification ... judging

I love this game and i am impatient for play it as for see whatever is going on with.

There isn't intelligent or not intelligent people, is jut people with different opinions.

I love this game and i am impatient for play it as for see whatever is going on with.

There isn't intelligent or not intelligent people, is jut people with different opinions.
Can you elaborate on what you mean in your first sentence? Also, I agree with the second one wholeheartedly .

That's weird, that's like there's almost no lihgtning effects, no dust etc. And just reuploading it won't change a thing to this (but I hope I'm wrong!)
I just can't wait to play this game and I hope it will be as goon as I expect it to be (I have pretty high standards since the previous games were so great... =D)

It's funny how cdpr is like: Hmm... let's make something more for the fans we did not initially plan on doing. *hurries to make something for their fans*

Fans: booooo! downgraded! boooo

Just this. On the other hand, there is the old saying: if you want to do something, do it properly or rather don't do it at all.

That being said, I am still very gratefull that we got a new trailer (just so that I wouldn't be understood wrongly)

Last edited:
The world would be so much better without people.
Why?

Edit: I mean, yes things on here can get out of hand. However, I think it's good that consumers aren't willing to eat up everything thrown at them. I trust CDPR more than ANY other developer. For example, I haven't pre-ordered a game in over 5 years, and yet I pre-ordered the collectors edition of the Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the fixed version... I do appreciate their effort to make something extra that wasn't planned at all, maybe on the way they found some more places they had really bad textures on and can fix more bugs like that, could be a good thing in the end.

Meanwhile watched Uncharted 4... Really impressive as well! Always is :D But I must say even then, Witcher 3 feels like it's a level higher... At least in the good trailers/35 min gameplay.

You don't understand me - I can understand concerns and different opinions, but not judging immediately when something is not how I want.

About 30 pages and few hours ago, I said if we shouldn't let devs explain it rather than jump to conclusions, but no - another 30 pages before one dev could say a thing about it. Unnecessary comments, vulgarities, comparing to bad companies, accusing of lies. Why not to wait a little bit and give a chance to the other side?
This is just like some stupid medieval trials, where even the dumbest person perfectly knew that he/she is guilty, because I am the one who is louder, so I am always right.

I would like to meet these people when the game will be out and if that will be great game. What would they do? Just simply "sorry", I was calling you "liars"? Sorry, I helped to create panic, which can damage your reputation?
i am not sure if that game will be great, but I would never judge it now, still early before release and after one trailer recorded in big hurry.

Last edited:
You don't understand me - I can understand conserns and different opinions, but not judging imediatelly when something is not how I want.

About 30 pages and few hours ago, I said if we shouldn't let devs explain it rather than jump to conclusions, but no - another 30 pages before one dev could say a thing about it. Unnecessary comments, vulgarities, comparing to bad companies, accusing of lies. Why not to wait a little bit and give a chance to the other side?
This is just like some stupid medievial trails, where even the dombest person perfectly knew that he/she is guilty, because I am the one who is louder, so I am always right.

I would like to meet these people when the game will be out and if that will be great game. What would they do? Just simply "sorry", I was calling you "liars"? Sorry, I helped to create panic, which can damage your reputation?
i am not sure if that game will be great, but I would never judge it now, still early before release and after one trailer recorded in big hurry.
Because the other side has had months to rectify this, and yet here we are. This has been going on since the summer, sfinx.

I fear that what most disconcerts many of us is that we're not used to so many personal attacks in this forum. Most people forget that compare someone with something bad is as insulting as flattering to compare someone with something good.

Discredit or overstate something is not to do a review or give an opinion. Rather it is to demonstrate the poor quality of dialogue that one can have.

CDPR won't give us the perfect game and the graphics resolution that everyone dreams of. And why I do not think CDPR is obliged to give me the game I want, but like any other game, I hope the game give me long hours of incredible adventures in exchange of my 50€.

Seen this topic I see a distinct minority, but so many years ago that I am on this forum, that perhaps I have become too permissive with CDPR.

So forgive me if I don't explode outraged by an impromptu footage in a show of so little importance to me as "the most anticipated game of the year"
If they give me the same enjoy I had playing the first time TW1 I'll be quite satisfied.

Seeing that the latest trailer is just following the trend of underwhelming graphics, established quite some time ago (let's not forget screenshots such as this one -- I believe compression or frame rate issues are irrelevant here), I am quite skeptical as to the explanation given to us by Marcin and Chris. I suspect better compression will result in sharpness and less artifacts, though won't contribute to lighting and textures a bit.

I suppose we'll get to see this much more clearly in the trailer to come:

CDPR seems to be completely content in releasing such trailers and screenshots, and I don't quite understand their strategy on this. Seems that their strategy is inconsistent as their released materials.

Last edited:
I fear that what most disconcerts many of us is that we're not used to so many personal attacks in this forum. Most people forget that compare someone with something bad is as insulting as flattering to compare someone with something good.

Discredit or overstate something is not to do a review or give an opinion. Rather it is to demonstrate the poor quality of dialogue that one can have.

CDPR won't give us the perfect game and the graphics resolution that everyone dreams of. And why I do not think CDPR is obliged to give me the game I want, but like any other game, I hope the game give me long hours of incredible adventures in exchange of my 50€.

Seen this topic I see a distinct minority, but so many years ago that I am on this forum, that perhaps I have become too permissive with CDPR.

So forgive me if I don't explode outraged by an impromptu footage in a show of so little importance to me as "the most anticipated game of the year"
If they give me the same enjoy I had playing the first time TW1 I'll be quite satisfied.
Very well-written post! The only thing I want to address is that I think people are more concerned that CDPR is buttering up its audience with outrageously beautiful trailers of in-game footage (see VGX trailer) when it isn't the actual product. If that is the case, then CDPR is doing something unethical.

---------- Updated at 08:53 PM ----------

Seeing that the latest trailer is just following the trend of underwhelming graphics, established quite some time ago (let's not forget screenshots such as this one -- I believe compression or frame rate issues are irrelevant here), I am quite skeptical as to the explanation given to us by Marcin and Chris. I suspect better compression will result in sharpness and less artifacts, though won't contribute to lighting and textures a bit.

I suppose we'll get to see this much more clearly in the trailer to come:

Great post, DBag.

Because the other side has had months to rectify this, and yet here we are. This has been going on since the summer, sfinx.
Again. That speculation was based on rumors. Besides, CD Projekt RED already said the SOD trailer used footage taken from multiple builds of the game. So we shouldn't expect it to look like the trailers the first place.

EDIT: I agree about the screenshots though. Those definitely look worse than any of the trailers.

Last edited:
They didn't downgrade anything for Christ shake, they just didn't use the maximum graphics quality. Many companies do that to keep the hype and expectations high for the final product. Blizzard is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom