Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I mean that boat pic with Yen and Triss above. The stretching/compression there is just as bad as in some of those Elder Blood shots.
Oh yeah, I can see that weird squidging on the lowest plates. There is a chance that's been fixed, considering they tinkered with the texture.

Bottom line, we have to calm down. There can be many reasons for quality inconsistencies.
Just some words from the devs would be nice, and I am talking about a reason that goes beyond the Youtube compression rate one.
That 3Gb version did not help with all of the low-res/quality shots, especially the winter/snow effect on the armor needs serious fixing unless they turned off specific graphical settings for the shot or used an older build, which would be nice to know in this case.

Funny enough, people actually seem to have calmed down, at least since I was here yesterday at around page ninety. Maybe the developers are just waiting until people were willing to listen.

Just some words from the devs would be nice, and I am talking about a reason that goes beyond the Youtube compression rate one.

Please include some infos about lighting changes, because to me it's the most obvious change from previous visuals. For example Geralds sword looks very fake here, no shading, almost no reflections. To tell the truth, something looks off to me, i know it's the lighting, but i cannot put my finger on it exactly - even with my experience in the visual department.

Hey a bit off topic but does anyone know if CDPR added an option to toggle the distance of the camera view?
In an interview they said they have it dynamic. When there is one enemy left it closes in or when you enter a building it closes in.

[video=youtube;eiVyGX-3sd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiVyGX-3sd8&[/video]

Hey a bit off topic but does anyone know if CDPR added an option to toggle the distance of the camera view?

Dev in Kinleys interview said no adjustable camera planned.

Also what do you guys and gals think, will we get another response from devs in this thread? I would like to hear what they have to say about that frost effect.

Also what do you guys and gals think, will we get another response from devs in this thread? I would like to hear what they have to say about that frost effect.
I don't know about a statement on a frost effect. They left 2 statements already in general. I would maybe PM Chris or Marcin and see if maybe they'd give one. I can't imagine they'd have time to read through all these posts. I PM'd Marcin about the downgrade complaints like right after this thread got a few pages and he started looking at the thread I saw shortly after

Last edited:
It's a pretty sucky feeling seeing a game get downgraded.

You see these Trailers and Demos of a fantastic looking game. You really want to play and sink your teeth into it. "Oh this game looks really good!, man it feels alive and real. The gameplay looks awesome too can't wait to play!"

Then the game is coming out 3 months and a new trailer comes up and things... don't look as good. "You mean the game isn't going to look like it did earlier.... oh..."

It's just a shitty feeling that you won't be getting the game that you saw earlier, but instead you are getting this other game that looks, "eh" in comparison to the earlier footage. But you still wanted the game to look how it did a couple of months ago....

A sucky sucky feeling indeed.

That's just my 2 cents.

It's a pretty sucky feeling seeing a game get downgraded.

You see these Trailers and Demos of a fantastic looking game. You really want to play and sink your teeth into it. "Oh this game looks really good!, man it feels alive and real. The gameplay looks awesome too can't wait to play!"

Then the game is coming out 3 months and a new trailer comes up and things... don't look as good. "You mean the game isn't going to look like it did earlier.... oh..."

It's just a shitty feeling that you won't be getting the game that you saw earlier, but instead you are getting this other game that looks, "eh" in comparison to the earlier footage. But you still wanted the game to look how it did a couple of months ago....

A sucky sucky feeling indeed.

That's just my 2 cents.

Dont give up on CDPR just yet, they may surprise us in the end.

I hope we do. But I believe we won't.

I'm of a mind that the overall visual quality of the trailer is not even near the level of SoD, let alone VGX. I hoped they would respond, they did. The response disapointed me. And that's that.

Therefore I honestly don't see a further point to this thread. It's just turned it to arguing if the downgrade is or isn't happening, sometimes in not so civil ways I imagine. I will wait for further material, or better yet the game itself before my final decision about this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom