Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we do. But I believe we won't.

I'm of a mind that the overall visual quality of the trailer is not even near the level of SoD, let alone VGX. I hoped they would respond, they did. The response disapointed me. And that's that.

Therefore I honestly don't see a further point to this thread. It's just turned it to arguing if the downgrade is or isn't happening, sometimes in not so civil ways I imagine. I will wait for further material, or better yet the game itself before my final decision about this subject.
Lambert's model looks the same as in SOD, The riders look similar except in SOD they are in different lighting, Geralt's model looks the same in a lot of scenes. The big bad quality thing are the leaders of the wild hunt. You can see patches of high quality textures on them though. It's either a texture loading issue or that frost effect. Eredin looks the same as in other trailers at times and worse at others.

Aw dammit. I would have preferred a closer cam like those early trailers just for exploring and walking around, and then a farther one for combat

Guest 3702081

After the previous two games, how they addressed concerns, released patches that actually solved problems and so on, I think it's a long way from a trustworthy company to a bunch of lying and cheating hypocrites.

I am just trying to hard to be cautious with all these amazing games coming out. I mean, I guess I am the only one on the internet who actually was completely satisfied with AC Unity other than some framerate dips..and the story..

But holy crap, the downgrade is real. I mean, Dying Light got one, Uncharted 4 ALLEGEDLY got one, people are getting worked up about Witcher 3..

Honestly the only game right now I am truly unrelentingly hyped for is No Man's Sky..and that likely won't even come out for PC until 2016.. sad face

@Wolfmeister1010 In that case I hope you realize No Man's Sky is more or less a discount Star Citizen. They're in the same genre but Star Citizen has a bigger development team, a bigger budget, and a lead designer who is experienced with the genre.

Last edited:
I think the [size=+1]developers shouldn't even respond to this thread.[/size] Simply because they did it already, more than once actually, and people just ignored that. So, people won't listen, why bother?.

This will be soon the biggest thread in the forum and certainly the only one not worth reading, despite my posts of course. It's a zigzag fight of opinions, where no one is equipped with solid data, thus, nobody besides the developers can prove or disprove anything.

Unfortunately, as I've already said the answer from the developers were an will be ignored by the majority here, making this thread a completely pointless circus.

I'm sorry if I've offended somebody, but if I did it was only as much as this thread offends the developers, and myself actually.

I am just trying to hard to be cautious with all these amazing games coming out. I mean, I guess I am the only one on the internet who actually was completely satisfied with AC Unity other than some framerate dips..and the story..

But holy crap, the downgrade is real. I mean, Dying Light got one, Uncharted 4 ALLEGEDLY got one, people are getting worked up about Witcher 3..

Honestly the only game right now I am truly unrelentingly hyped for is No Man's Sky..and that likely won't even come out for PC until 2016.. sad face

Yes UC4 did get a downgrade.
View attachment 8284

However we should probably keep this on topic of the Witcher3 . I mean I want to say more but there probably isn't anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

Attachments

• uncharted-4-e3-2014-vs-PSX-Gameplay-Comparison-screenshot_0.jpg
    uncharted-4-e3-2014-vs-PSX-Gameplay-Comparison-screenshot_0.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Lambert's model looks the same as in SOD, The riders look similar except in SOD they are in different lighting, Geralt's model looks the same in a lot of scenes. The big bad quality thing are the leaders of the wild hunt. You can see patches of high quality textures on them though. It's either a texture loading issue or that frost effect. Eredin looks the same as in other trailers at times and worse at others.

I agree about everything you posted. But for me, the worse problem is lightning in almost every scene - I don't like it and for me it does not help create the atmosphere present in previous trailers, the atmosphere which, for me, is important not only for the graphical standpoint, but for immersion as well. Let me try and explain - even if a game doesn't look realistic, the tone, style, atmosphere of it's places makes it feel like a real world. It made the swamps and forests of previous trailer look like swamps and forest I could easily just walk in for hours and hours and hours. I had high hopes that I would be able to do that in the game when it comes out, That hope is shaken now.

Of course, it's all entirely opinion based. But I hope I can express my opinion here without being talked down upon. (I'm not referring to your response, it's reasonable and I'm thankful for that. Some other users that share my opinion have been disregarded harshly by many posters) If not, ok i guess. I planed not to post anymore in this thread anyway, cause like I said I see no point. Wait for the game, and hope to God it's a damn good game and I can proudly admit that my wories have not come true.

I agree about everything you posted. But for me, the worse problem is lightning in almost every scene - I don't like it and for me it does not help create the atmosphere present in previous trailers, the atmosphere which, for me, is important not only for the graphical standpoint, but for immersion as well. Let me try and explain - even if a game doesn't look realistic, the tone, style, atmosphere of it's places makes it feel like a real world. It made the swamps and forests of previous trailer look like swamps and forest I could easily just walk in for hours and hours and hours. I had high hopes that I would be able to do that in the game when it comes out, That hope is shaken now.

Of course, it's all entirely opinion based. But I hope I can express my opinion here without being talked down upon. (I'm not referring to your response, it's reasonable and I'm thankful for that. Some other users that share my opinion have been disregarded harshly by many posters) If not, ok i guess. I planed not to post anymore in this thread anyway, cause like I said I see no point. Wait for the game, and hope to God it's a damn good game and I can proudly admit that my wories have not come true.
I've got your back ;)

I don't think star citizen has the whole procedurally generated stuff does it? That is the appeal for me! And just exploring ruins and new species and stuff. Plus I love the art design. Not everything needs a huge budget and a massive dev team.

@Wolfmeister1010 It's not procedurally generated. But they're planning on haveing 100 solar systems at launch. They're both about space exploration so I think they'll be pretty similar games.

Last edited:
I've got your back ;)
Dito!

---------- Updated at 03:05 AM ----------

That character model looks like it's from The Witcher 2. The lighting is better in the Famitsu screenshots than that trailer I'd say. Geralt's hair is certainly better even in the E3 demo. Not to mention that shitty sharpening filter is gone and the game has more color now.
I searched for Famitsu Screenshots, and found 4 of them from PS4. Are there more? How old are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom