Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its already been pointed out numerous times that there are several possible explanations for the low-res textures, such as rendering issues, incomplete assets (the game isn't finished, so it makes sense), or the use of an older build of the game. Each of these explanations are far more probable than any prospect of a downgrade, which has been denied time and time again by the developers. Yet each time someone mentions this, it just seems to be ignored in favor of the more 'dramatic' explanation.
It seems some people in this thread are more interested in going on a witch hunt and perpetuating the most catastrophic explanation, regardless of what the evidence would suggest, or which theory is more likely.
Quite frankly there's no reasoning with these sorts of people. They've already made up in their minds as to whats going on and nothing anyone tells them will convince them otherwise, because like a religious fanatic, they are more interested in belief than they are in logic.

I agree but playing devils advocate here.....

What if the game is released and then we find downgrades. Will you and everybody else finally admit there is a problem.
Will you then admit CDPR are not perfect gods. Some people around here act like they are infallible. I promise you they are not. They are human.
Now, if they had not hyped the graphics and the open world so much people would not expect "Genre Defining ,truly next generation audio and video fidelity"
There words...

Now How hard would it be to release a new 2 minute PC version video on maxed settings at 30 to 60fps in 1080p
Not hard at all. I find CDPR 's lack of a true response ....disturbing....
Seeing is believing and all that.
I respect CDPR and Marcin Momot but, really anybody can say anything. Show me and I will be relieved of any doubts.
I also trust CDPR so for now I will take their word but honestly I do have a lingering doubt. I hope it is just from all the BS on down grades
by everybody else just playing on my fears. Time will tell.

So, I will only Judge the game after I play it. To me Story/game play and graphics are all important pieces to the puzzle of a great game.
I hope some people around here to lower the hyperbole and witch hunt mentality. If upon release CDPR fails to give us what they promised,
Then in the words of a certain emperor "They will get what they deserve"

Which is loss of trust from me and many others. I built a new game rig that cost in the 1000's to play this game the way they showed in the beginning. I
hope I am not let down. My choice to spend that kind of money but I was inspires to do so by a company I trust along with many here as well.
If I am let down graphics wise, I will still buy CDPR games I just will not Pre-Order. CyperPunk2077 I am looking at you.

You cannot SERIOUSLY believe the final game will have textures like that, this whole "downgrade" fad that's started recently due to people noticing discrepancies in a certain game is really, VERY annoying. (aside from the fact that it's been that way for a very long time)

Exactly what benefit will textures of that quality give in this alleged "downgrade"? Performance? HAH! Textures of characters of all things, really?

Do the textures look bad/unfinished/low-quality or res? Yes.
Does that lend any credibility to the arguments about potential downgrade? No. We haven't reached the point where modern machines(PCs and consoles alike) are SUDDENLY so weak hardware wise that we have to use 128x128 textures to save memory and bandwidth.

This is especially amusing because we've already seen a 35 minute long demo multiple times, played in multiple ways and it looked quite decent.

so all people talking about this is crazy but CDPR has nothing to do with it releasing that trailer.

oh yeah..... all right.

the whole downgrade thing has already spread over the whole internet........:facepalm:.........not the best publicity for The Witcher 3 before the release

And some people will be satisfied with this, even some fans. But it really doesn't matter, there'll always be differences between fans and costumers. And there'll be always people who rather be treated like a fan or like a costumer. The most important is that fans no need to pay to be a fan... on the contrary if one wants to be a costumer, then you forced to pay.

Last edited:
I agree but playing devils advocate here.....

What if the game is released and then we find downgrades. Will you and everybody else finally admit there is a problem.
Will you then admit CDPR are not perfect gods. Some people around here act like they are infallible. I promise you they are not. They are human.
Now, if they had not hyped the graphics and the open world so much people would not expect "Genre Defining ,truly next generation audio and video fidelity"
There words...

Now How hard would it be to release a new 2 minute PC version video on maxed settings at 30 to 60fps in 1080p
Not hard at all. I find CDPR 's lack of a true response ....disturbing....
Seeing is believing and all that.
I respect CDPR and Marcin Momot but, really anybody can say anything. Show me and I will be relieved of any doubts.
I also trust CDPR so for now I will take their word but honestly I do have a lingering doubt. I hope it is just from all the BS on down grades
by everybody else just playing on my fears. Time will tell.

So, I will only Judge the game after I play it. To me Story/game play and graphics are all important pieces to the puzzle of a great game.
I hope some people around here to lower the hyperbole and witch hunt mentality. If upon release CDPR fails to give us what they promised,
Then in the words of a certain emperor "They will get what they deserve"

Which is loss of trust from me and many others. I built a new game rig that cost in the 1000's to play this game the way they showed in the beginning. I
hope I am not let down. My choice to spend that kind of money but I was inspires to do so by a company I trust along with many here as well.
If I am let down graphics wise, I will still buy CDPR games I just will not Pre-Order. CyperPunk2077 I am looking at you.

I can see were your coming from, unfortunatly it's too late into the cycle to be giving input, were going to have to wait it out and hope they know what they are doing.

And some people will be satisfied with this, even some fans. But it really doesn't matter, there'll always be differences between fans and costumers. And there'll be always people who rather be treated like a fan or like a costumer. The most important is that fans no need to pay to be a fan... on the contrary if one want be a costumer, then you forced to pay.

And you are a fan of course and the OP a costumer right?

leave this peasants costumers thread, is not that good for real fans like you.

And some people will be satisfied with this, even some fans. But it really doesn't matter, there'll always be differences between fans and costumers. And there'll be always people who rather be treated like a fan or like a costumer. The most important is that fans no need to pay to be a fan... on the contrary if one want be a costumer, then you forced to pay.
I've said this before, I've followed CD Projekt since the Witcher 1 was released.

Okay, I'm not really in a position to dig through 150 pages of this thread, so does anyone know if CDPR released any statement on what platform the VGA footage was taken from?

I've said this before, I've followed CD Projekt since the Witcher 1 was released.

Then I'm glad we have a common point of view ;)

Having different ways of thinking doesn't mean people cannot try to understand each other. And having the same doesn't mean people can be friend. I thank your posts despite someone could think otherwise, the same way I like this CDPR's forum because here we can talk (we must talk) without personal attacks. ;)

Okay, I'm not really in a position to dig through 150 pages of this thread, so does anyone know if CDPR released any statement on what platform the VGA footage was taken from?

They didn't.

---------- Updated at 12:09 PM ----------

Having different ways of thinking doesn't mean people cannot try to understand each other. And having the same doesn't mean people can be friend. I thank your posts despite someone could think otherwise, the same way I like this CDPR's forum because here we can talk (we must talk) without personal attacks. ;)

yes, i agree and look! i share your vision, is bad to make personal attacks like calling the op Spammer.

Keep your heads up people, even if this game does end up being downgraded we should expect A* story.

Yes, but that's not the point. When you advertise something in one way and then mid-campaign you turn it into something else which is inferior to the initial advertisement then you are outright lying to and conning your consumers.

I've stated that I'm not a graphics whore and so I believe aren't the vast majority of Witcher fans, but when you hype the game with amazing visuals from the get go and the downgrade that? You are unnecessarily paving the way for a disappointment from your audience and deserved outrage. I sincerely hope they deliver on the initial promises, to wit this: http://a.pomf.se/jeyuui.webm and not this: http://i.imgur.com/W1qLQfK.jpg

They did respond, but in a way that left more questions than answers.

Blaming the poorly textured character models in the elder blood trailer on video compression gone wrong? Seriously?

And even if they claim that there's no downgrade - I find that hard to believe looking at comparisons like that:

Given the *very obvious* model/geometry glitch, I am confident that the trailer model isn't supposed to look anything like that... TBH I think the issue is reusing old video assets to produce a trailer in a hurry with inadequate TQM/QA... If that 2 seconds of the video had been cut, then there would be far less complaint about the remainder.

What I like about this forum is that any dissent can bring about good discussion. In other forums in which controversy arises, mods typically delete/lock threads. ;)

What I like about this forum is that any dissent can bring about good discussion. In other forums in which controversy arises, mods typically delete/lock threads. ;)
Not gonna mention any names but... Wait, yes I will, Bioware comes to mind. I had the displeasure of using those forums because I was playing WAR at the time and it was the very definition of a virtual cesspool. Not because of the users, but because of the inadequate moderating team which, in all fairness, were probably ordered to be unfair to dissenters and generally insufferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom