Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very bad way to open up a thread, IMHO.
Nevertheless, I fully agree that the downgrade from everything else released is very obvious.

Marcin really, REALLY needs to address this, any explanation why the trailer looks the way it looks will help get my hopes back up. As it stand, I'm quite woried, to say the least.

A very bad way to open up a thread, IMHO.
Nevertheless, I fully agree that the downgrade from everything else released is very obvious.

Marcin really, REALLY needs to address this, any explanation why the trailer looks the way it looks will help get my hopes back up. As it stand, I'm quite woried, to say the least.

I know it wasn't the best way to start a thread, but this is getting REALLY irritating. I wish they would at least SAY something about the concerns.

Fully agreed. And that's coming from a guy who grew quite fond of the company over the many years, and would normaly defend their actions.
This can hurt them, a lot, if left unanswered.

Attachments

• dem textures.jpg
    dem textures.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 132
  • kek.jpg
    kek.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 111
  • ayy lmao.jpg
    ayy lmao.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Guess the NeoGaf "leaker" was telling the truth after all. I've been skeptical since then anyway. So I guess it's not that much of a surprise.
The fact CDPR would lie about it after the fact when the worries started coming in is the more surprising thing to me.
Shame. I'll still play it obviously, but it's kinda sad to know what it could of been.
I'm guessing maybe that close relationship with Microsoft had something to do with it, this parity stuff is not above them as you can see from many previous examples.
I guess when Marcin said it wasn't being downgraded he meant it. Because it had already been downgraded.
PR can be very particular about their wording.

the game, if downgraded, doesnt look worse in all fronts, the faces for example look way better and still look great, lightning in some moments too.

the textures and vegetation have the biggest difference in my opinion, comparing with the first screenshots released the change is massive.

on the other hand, those elements tend to change a lot with settings and for consoles, so who knows, maybe they are trying to show the game at its minimal console quality for a reason. Possibly to avoid backlash because of the game looking incredible in trailers of PC, and later not good in consoles.

Please guys , wait for uncompressed version before. The trailers on youtube is always suck in quality from official uncompressed versions. Then you can show your judgement again. For now its just your speculations.

When the uncompressed high quality version of that trailer is released even if there is a visual downgrade compared to what was shown previously you still have to take things into context. We don't know with what footage the trailer was made. It could be from a months old build, and it could be with console limited graphics. Also it's not like the trailer showed any actual in-game non-cutscene gameplay from the player's perspective. We don't have enough information to make a good comparison.

However using basic logic, and knowledge of what CD Projekt has said in the past and what they stand for, there really shouldn't be much doubt that there will be no visual downgrade on PC. There might be on consoles since they have to maintain good performance, but on PC there's no reason for that to happen.

can i fanboygasm over the trailer and the fact that Ciri is going to be a playable character?

Anyway not really surprised that there was a downgrade. there are still people that believe that the graphics on early trailers is how the game is going to look in the end and not the target graphical level that designers are trying to achieve. Probably was done to make it more stable not to deceive the consumer.

anyway likely on PC it will look as good in the other trailers with ultra settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree... this is sad...
These are three snapshots from the VERY first VGX trailer... and how long ago was that? two years? just look at that textures! and here I thought it could have only become better!
View attachment 8067View attachment 8068View attachment 8069
CDPR please calm my wary soul with some kind of statement that the PC version will not be downgraded...Plz I really need it!

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-12-06-00h11m02s115.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-00h11m02s115.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 82
  • vlcsnap-2014-12-06-00h11m40s131.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-00h11m40s131.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 83
  • vlcsnap-2014-12-06-00h11m55s235.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-12-06-00h11m55s235.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 96
When the uncompressed high quality version of that trailer is released even if there is a visual downgrade compared to what was shown previously you still have to take things into context. We don't know with what footage the trailer was made. It could be from a months old build, and it could be with console limited graphics. Also it's not like the trailer showed any actual in-game non-cutscene gameplay from the player's perspective. We don't have enough information to make a good comparison.

However using basic logic, and knowledge of what CD Projekt has said in the past and what they stand for, there really shouldn't be much doubt that there will be no visual downgrade on PC. There might be on consoles since they have to maintain good performance, but on PC there's no reason for that to happen.

I really don't think that YouTube compression can be blamed for lowpoly models and very basic lightning in most of those scenes.
In my criticism of the trailer i compare it to other trailers of the game, which are also compressed videos and looked much better in my opinion.

Here's hoping your right about this not representing the games final quality.

look at the textures in the pics of geralt with the wolves, the ones from the first batch in 2013, they look incredible.

hmm..I think the build that was used in this trailer was probably a fairly old one, probably to lower the unearthly expectations everyone has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom