Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, have you seen the Famitsu screenshots? It's a great improvement over the E3 or 30 min. demo in terms of hair, lighting and colors.

If the Famitsu is the latest build, then the E3 is an older build and they're not lying.

Then what build is the latest trailer from?

They actually argued it would look far better when the game came out.

I call them liars based on several things they themselves have claimed: They argued at E3 that the game would look better and that the E3 build was old.

Well months later. Two months before release, we get this.
We also got the Famitsu screenshots that look drastically better than the E3 gameplay though. This was like 4 weeks ago. http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/103054

So are you guys all experts on this latest trailer then? Do you know exactly which platform it was captured on, how much compression it underwent? The settings it was recorded under? The fact is is that your comparing two different videos, which may or may not have been created under completely different circumstances. Ignoring this and simply jumping to your own conclusions does not qualify as evidence.

This has nothing to do with youtubes shitty compression routines but more with not letting the PC steal the show. Can it be anymore obvious?

And why would they record footage at anything other than its best, at the highest settings? And if they didn't record it at it's best quality, and at the highest graphical settings, why is that the people who watched the videos fault?

So are you guys all experts on this latest trailer then? Do you know exactly which platform it was captured on, how much compression it underwent? The settings it was recorded under? The fact is is that your comparing two different videos, which may or may not have been created under completely different circumstances. Ignoring this and simply jumping to your own conclusions does not qualify as evidence.

Then again it is reasonable to assume that they would record their trailers on PC with the best settings.

Just watched the trailer. The visuals are really bad. It's either it was downgraded or earlier videos & footages are edited or CG. I think Dragon Age Inquisition looks better than Witcher 3!. Of course this is just my opinion.

Yeah, all must praise our lord and saviour CDPR, the one who delivers us from the evil big bad companies.

Just one question - if the game will be great, with good visual, good story etc, what will you do?

If it is I'll praise them for it, but companies only give a toss to make good quality games as long as there are "mobs at their gates" so to speak.

Hey remember when Witcher 2 was released with pre-order retailer exclusive DLC and DRM that fucked with the performance of a lot of people? Or when when Witcher 1 was released with terrible DRM? I sure do.

Do you know WHY they changed that? Why they worked so hard to build the reputation they have now? Because of people breaking down their gates, because of outraged fans on these very forums.

Screenshots Wise: Textures don't look better, it seems the difference is that in this case the time of day is different and we see light on them.

This has nothing to do with youtubes shitty compression routines but more with not letting the PC steal the show. Can it be anymore obvious?

This is why I refuse to believe this is the latest build. What the hell is up with that? Seriously. That model is like a PS vita game on the top. If the game seriously looks like that then I'm going to try to get a refund. That's a big lie if it turns out to be like that.

Last edited:
It is reasonable to assume that i agree. But perhaps they wanted to show off some of the console footage for a change, since if I recall correctly most of the footage released so far has been on PC.

---------- Updated at 03:38 PM ----------

great comparison, maybe some people stop deluding themselves
If you ask me that looks like a rendering issue. Like the textures haven't loaded properly. Not even skyrim had textures that bad.

If they wanted to show off console footage, and not best possible PC settings, they should have said so. But, they didn't. Instead we have a very weak, "video compression is to blame" excuse.

okay guys about time to stop talking about consoles ! i mean if this is the console vs pc graphics comparison then CDPR really failed .... this is unacceptable ???
this looks like 2002 textures .............

It is reasonable to assume that i agree. But perhaps they wanted to show off some of the console footage for a change, since if I recall correctly most of the footage released so far has been on PC.

And yet Marcin Momot claimed in his post that the graphics look worse because of Youtube, he didn't say anything about this running on a console or at lower settings. I mean if that was the case, don't you think he would mention that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom