Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys not read what Evilchris just said, go back 3 pages. Cdpr were in a hurry, they didn't know this was going to happen. The are really super busy working on the game guys!

Last edited:
I get that it looks worse because of Youtube compression, but you mean to tell me that without the compression it would look as good as the Sword of Destiny or VGX trailer? Come on now...

I am not saying it looks bad btw. It still looks great and the game will still be amazing, my opinion hasn't changed. It's just that they promised these amazing mind blowing graphics which they obviously can't deliver on.

Last edited:
I was worried about state of the game based on this trailer. But I think I shouldn't. Bbut what is actually really really disapoiinting is how this community looks right now. It is not the same place as it was.
it's like I was reading Bioware forums, only this time I see people that I recognize saying things like those angry, filled with hatered bioware 'fans'.

I don't know. This is a bit sad. I still cannot wait for the game, and I still have great positive attitude towards CDPR. You guys rock!
And I appreciate communication and words reasuring me that no downgrade is happening. Good news! :)

I was worried about state of the game based on this trailer. But I think I shouldn't. Bbut what is actually really really disapoiinting is how this community looks right now. It is not the same place as it was.
it's like I was reading Bioware forums, only this time I see people that I recognize saying things like those angry, filled with hatered bioware 'fans'.

I don't know. This is a bit sad. I still cannot wait for the game, and I still have great positive attitude towards CDPR. You guys rock!
And I appreciate communication and words reasuring me that no downgrade is happening. Good news! :)
Same here, it's just a few people trippin that's all.

I don't think it's sad that this community isn't a herd of mindless sheep.

It does look better than the YT version but still looks bad, but for the sake of argument lets say that it was rushed, they didnt have enough time, bla, bla, bla...
It wouldnt be a problem if this was the first time, but it isnt so its completely normal for us to be suspicious.
Now @TheEvilChris if we let this slip-up go slide, when are we gonna get the answers concerning Nvidia's Gameworks and its performance on AMD GPUs?

I get that it looks worse because of Youtube compressiom, but you mean to tell me that without the compression it would look as good as the Sword of Destiny or VGX trailer? Come on now...

This indeed, assuming the compression is indeed the cause of the many visual problems shown in the trailer (which is unlikely for all of them) then it is still a fair bit from Two Swords quality.

I don't think it's sad that this community isn't a herd of mindless sheep.

But it is. Throw a bad rushed trailer, add word "downgrade" and everyone looses their mind. Besides they showed us so many great material along with 35m gameplay, yet one thing made all of this community wenbt to shit in an instance

Critical thinking is always welcomed. However what is happening so far is beyond me.

But it is. Throw a bad rushed trailer, add word "downgrade" and everyone looses their mind. Besides they showed us so many great material along with 35m gameplay, yet one thing made all of this community wenbt to shit in an instance

Critical thinking is always welcomed. However what is happening so far is beyond me.

I think they just should say that the trailer come from an older build.

To be fair, as much as I loved the 35 min gameplay demo, it still didn't look as good as previous trailers (SoD, VGX). I can't speak for others, but it's not just this trailer that made me doubt they can deliver the level of graphics shown in those trailers.

Yeah well I think people have reason to be paranoid about these things. You should blame From Software, Ubisoft and other companies for that, not this community.

To be fair, as much as I loved the 35 min gameplay demo, it still didn't look as good as previous trailers (SoD, VGX). I can't speak for others, but it's just not this trailer that made me doubt they can deliver the level of graphics shown in those trailers.

I think and that is my opinion, that it really depends on shots you put into the trailer and many more things. I felt it was comparable but I will not argue over this.

The thing is that today has not been the first time for a little bit of doubt with previous images and trailers making you wonder what the actual visual quality is.
I am also not a believer that all image problems we saw in that trailer is due to the way youtube works.
That said, I would love to be wrong.

My first impresion was Waa Taa Faa is this?
Cdpr you pushed release date just to downgrade it? Hope your "optimisation" is only for consoles.

Just to clarify, the video on that link is the exact same size as the old YouTube video, so I doubt that's the video Chris was talking about. I guess it's still not up yet.

This file is 60Mb big and the YT one is around 45 MB.
Like I said there is difference but nothing to brag about...

I wanted to say - whatever the reason, I agree, this is not looking good. But at the same time we as Witcher fans - we didn't throw shit like monkeys in teh zoo (do monkeys throw shit btw?)

RED always are adressing our doubts. They have good track record. By acting and spreading word of downgrade we are making more harm than anything else. Some jurnalist will pick this line which may not be true and you know the rest.

Yeah well I think people have reason to be paranoid about these things. You should blame From Software, Ubisoft and other companies for that, not this community.
And since it's common practise now to keep everything on about the same level of quality on all three platforms I think we do have the right to be concerned whether or not CDPR will just end up doing the same with TW3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom