Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The community had no idea the trailer wasn't planned. Shitstorm started before Chris let us in on what happened in the background.
Yeah sure, but since straight from the next one or two pages after his post, people act as if it didn' exist. Dunno if they just ignore it, don't want to know about, don't want acknowledge it or just still refresh to the latest page and don't the previous comment (though I don't blame them as most of it is just rubbish)
I can't speak for others, but I can see how not producing this trailer would've been the better choice on CDPR's side. The general consensus seems to be that the trailer did more harm than good. I'd be more pumped for in-game footage and some details regarding the inner-systems such as economy, crafting, alchemy, combat etc. I'll take such videos over a trailer any day.
I am of a kind of the same idea. Just wanted to point it out and get people to think about it first, at least a little.
Which is a shame, and more a reason why they shouldn't have released this trailer in the first place.
Yop, totaly agree. And the saddest thing about it all is that all they get for their effort is this shitstorm.

Last edited:
Exactly! The lack of time to produce the trailer is in no way an excuse for terrible graphics. It just shows that the previous trailers were bullshit.
I agree with you that much, that I just had to rephrase you :D
Now I'm ashamed of my English skills. I could simply put all that in one sentence.
Hvala brate :)

Yeah sure, but since straight from the next one or two pages after his post, people act as if it didn' exist. Dunno if they just ignore it, don't want to know about, don't want acknowledge it or just still refresh to the latest page and don't the previous comment (though I don't blame them as most of it is just rubbish)

I think a more likely reason was that people didn't buy the explanation. As previously pointed out by @username_3706938, rushing only excuses bad direction, but not bad graphics. By using "short time-frame" as an excuse, they actually admit that they needed time to post-render graphics, which is even more worrying because it implies that the actual in-game graphics is worse.

For me personally, the very release of an unpolished trailer does not look like coming from a dev that treasures their game, and this worries me.

Guest 3702081

I miss the days when people judged the final product instead of jumping at each other's throats and tearing apart footage and videos before release.

Some posts have been deleted.

If you guys want this thread to stay open, then I suggest you keep the discussion on topic and refrain from analyzing people's contribution to the thread or just flat out insulting them.

Their new statement about rushing the trailer, due to small time-frame, concerns me even more. Let's try to be rational here.
That statement can only excuse the way how trailer is directed, I mean the way how the scenes are put together.
I don't see any way how their lack of time for making the trailer could affect the graphic quality of the trailer. Graphics we see in trailers should represent the actual in game graphic, that's not something that needs extra time to be worked on just for the sake of trailer. That just makes things worse for alluding that they didn't had enough time to edit graphic quality just for the trailer. So this may be a good thing because now we have the closest real picture of what we can expect because they didn't had time to mislead us again.
Though they didn't have to work on improving graphics for the trailer, something still might have gotten wrong in the processing of the footage. As I don't know how the parts of a game are recorded and in general how trailers are made, I can't really comment on that. But what I am sure about is that it definitely isn't an easy job, especially with such a short time limit, because: you have decide what the trailer should look like, to choose the right scenes for it, the right angles, the right lengts of the scenes, putting it together and many more. And all that definitely takes a longer time than one would expect, especially if you want to do it right and with best result.

I will not even comment on compression argument, it's just stupid in so many ways.
Sorry for being extensive, I'm not very used to write in English. If something is not comprehensive, just let me know, I'll try to rephrase it.
And how do u imagine devs make trailer from ingame footage ?

Since Witcher 3 cutscenes are not prerendered you have to "play it" and record it (I imagine devs have some tools so they can fast forward to any point in the story).
Once you have the recorded material you, put that all together on Adobe, Sony Vegas or something like that, add effects, text, logos, sound.
And RENDER it, in order to get that all in one .mp4 file. If the render is bad, then the video is shit.
If you put that shit on youtube it compress it even more becomes even bigger shit.

Well well, I expected a shitstorm to occur when I watched it at 5 am last night. I personally didn't care too much. Yeah it was just a bad quality but that's not something ultra surprising as it was on a stream and there are so many factors that make graphics look good or bad. Not to mention compression things in video's, etc. So when I saw the explanation of Chris, I kind of figured it. I don't see why people are outraged or crying over this. I know I won't be able to play it on a high setting anyway. It's all about the story and the gameplay experience to me. And nice graphics are a nice bonus but not the main selling point. Neve were and never will be. Why play games if you want to watch something with high graphics. Just go watch movies. :p

Apologies, mister Kinley. I'm stooping to levels I don't normally go to, jeez.
One thing I don't understand is people claiming the previous trailers were edited to look better. How do you edit a video to make a games textures look higher resolution, or to make a model look smoother?

Just because you don't care/disagree with the rest of us doesn't mean that we should avoid this concern.
Firstly don't call you "rest of us", secondly - I can understand concerns, but I will not understand hasty judgements, impatience and hatred posts.

Behaviour of intelligent people is: Express concerns ... waiting for response ... waiting for possible rectification ... judging

Last edited:
It would be a shame if the thread got deleted because of two posts, also for waiting another trailer..... i think this trailer is a good topic, why went out this way. I find the quality really weird, in some parts is like 360p at most, that's the problem.

But for anyone expecting a texture downgrade on PC, that wouldn't happen, really doesn't make any sense.

It would be a shame if the thread got deleted because of two posts, also for waiting another trailer..... i think this trailer is a good topic, why went out this way. I find the quality really weird, in some parts is like 360p at most, that's the problem.

But for anyone expecting a texture downgrade on PC, that wouldn't happen, really doesn't make any sense.
I agree in that the whole trailer just seems like a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom