Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• eredin.jpg
    eredin.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 33
Seriously, what the fuck? How could this possibly happen to a character model? Am I in denial for still thinking something is wrong here that is a technical error?

View attachment 8194

Attachments

• ESRB_The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Elder Blood Trailer.mov_snapshot_01.01_[2014.12.06_17.52.21].jpg
    ESRB_The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Elder Blood Trailer.mov_snapshot_01.01_[2014.12.06_17.52.21].jpg
    249 KB · Views: 55
I doesn't make me very happy if they still have great textures on the main characters, but downgraded everything else.

Hunt riders look great WITHOUT that "frost" effect.

After watching that new trailer, I see no downgrade.

yeah...the uncompressed pics that Rustine(or Luxorek) posted look a LOT better.
Just the snow still looks strange

So CDPR has good character models. Guess what they've had them since Witcher 2.

After watching that new trailer, I see no downgrade.

Look at VGX and Sword of Destiny again, on YT, and tell me the quality matches them.

People may say that graphic is not the most important part, but developer honesty IS. It was CDPR who proclaimed "truly next-gen audio/visual fidelity," not us. If "truly next-gen audio/visual fidelity" is false, why should I also believe "unparalleled novel-like story" or "gigantic, limitless world to explore?"

So CDPR has good character models. Guess what they've had them since Witcher 2.

Look at VGX and Sword of Destiny again, on YT, and tell me the quality matches them.
I even thought The Witcher 1 models were pretty solid on a lot of characters. Which is why it's so strange the Wild Hunt big bads have such shitty quality all over them

That's what I was referring to.

Certainly not the hunt which looks considerably worse then in previous trailers.

Yet, later in the trailer the wraiths are looking pretty damn good, it just shows that there is something wrong with the trailer.

VGX trailer has really become overrated, hasn't it? It was an oversharpened mess with one nice scene.

Also, there was a graphic fuck up in literally every shot of SoD trailer.

The trailer is certainly crisper and a lot of stuff looks better. The big thing that looks bad are the wild hunt models and that scene with Lambert and Geralt fighting. At least to me.
It seems like lighting is incredible in one scene, and then completely non-existent in another.

DA:I cannot presume of anything at all. Even DA: Origins had better textures overall (adding many mods in PC version at least). And TW 3 looks far better than the previous one, that's a fact. That's why SweetFx exists (with Lumasharpen effect) on PC so the lower res textures will look vastly improved in-game.

Now lest not get carried away here DAO, one of the best RPGs ever, did have very bad textures specially in the background and no mod could ever fix that.
But, the graphics were good enough (for that time at least) and Bioware never advertised it as an eye candy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom