Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this thread DOES get closed. It's just a cesspit of negativity and silliness. I've seen YouTube comment sections that were more tame.

Please leave deciding who is a troll and who isn't to the moderators. And dealing with them too.

And for the 10th time let me repeat - if you want this thread to stay open, stop with the personal attacks. It's all getting really close to crossing the line, you've all been warned too many times already.
I agree, we are here to talk about a game we almost all like, civilized way but.....some user were insulting cdpr and other user posted a jesus image to take it easy. A mod replied that "stop with jesus images" but nothing about the aggressive comments.

People gets confused about what to do and what don't.

I really hope this thread DOES get closed. It's just a cesspit of negativity and silliness. I've seen YouTube comment sections that were more tame.

The only thing that will do is cause a new topic about the subject to be opened, since there is merit for a discussion about the subject, even if all the trolling is getting in between.

Please leave deciding who is a troll and who isn't to the moderators. And dealing with them too.

And for the 10th time let me repeat - if you want this thread to stay open, stop with the personal attacks. It's all getting really close to crossing the line, you've all been warned too many times already.

You need a Warning icon for when a thread is about to be locked/deleted on the main thread section of the forum (where the Wolf medallion icon is) i suggest that and maybe people will be more inclined to listen for the newcomers who don't see mod's comments before they post

People gets confused about what to do and what don't.

If people adhere to forum rules, there's really no place for confusion.

The only thing that will do is cause a new topic about the subject to be opened, since there is merit for a discussion about the subject, even if all the trolling is getting in between.

No worries. We'll have it covered if the situation demands it.

Now get back on topic please.

what is happening here?

Besides the "Doc" pics are different in daytime, we at least see there good quality on images from 4 weeks ago. That's good.
The E3 demo is taking place at Dawn/Clear. I think the lighting has overall been improved. This is a shot where the sun is affecting her one side but it's nowhere near as detailed as the 4 week old Famitsu shots.

View attachment 8235

View attachment 8236

Not to mention everything isn't all foggy in the background

Attachments

• ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_15.27_[2014.12.07_09.18.29].jpg
    ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_15.27_[2014.12.07_09.18.29].jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 43
  • w302j1ue4.jpg
    w302j1ue4.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 55

Sure, let's close a thread where people are openly stating their concerns about the game in the hopes that they are addressed or listened to. Typical video game forum behavior; the slightest negativity is met with backlash as fans rush to the aid of their favored developer, moderators then close these threads and people get more frustrated with having no method of discussing their "negative" opinion.

Everyone should quit with the personal attacks, stay on topic and project whatever opinion they have in a mature, polite and concise manner. That said, locking this thread would essentially be shutting out the people with concerns and is essentially restricting freedom of speech.

Personally I don't accept this latest trailer as evidence for a downgrade of any sort, simply because we don't know enough about the trailer to reach that conclusion. If CD Projekt came out and said that the trailer was recorded on PC, on the highest possible settings and all effects turned on, then yes, the trailer could be used as solid evidence in order to justify this hypothesis about a visual downgrade. But to my knowledge, this has not occurred - therefore we must accept the null hypothesis, ie. that there has been no graphical downgrade.
Instead, everything we've been told about this trailer so far, such as the fact that it was put together in a hurry for the VGA's, leads further credence to the null hypothesis. Additionally it has been stated several times by Marcin Mamot and EvilChris that there has been no visual downgrade what-so-ever. So please, stop with the conjecture already people.

Sure, let's close a thread where people are openly stating their concerns about the game in the hopes that they are addressed or listened to. Typical video game forum behavior. The slightest negativity is met with backlash as "fanboys" rush to the aid of their favored developer.

Everyone should quit with the personal attacks, stay on topic and project whatever opinion they have in a mature, polite and concise manner. That said, locking this thread would essentially be shutting out the people with concerns and is essentially restricting freedom of speech.

This.
Doc, you seem right, noticed that too, maybe PS4 are more capable of that lighting than XOne. Some famitsu screenshots, older ones, show much more rich textures on some foliage.View attachment 8237

Attachments

• l_5130cc17c14f8.jpg
    l_5130cc17c14f8.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 33
Personally I don't accept this latest trailer as evidence for a downgrade of any sort, simply because we don't know enough about the trailer to reach that conclusion. If CD Projekt came out and said that the trailer was recorded on PC, on the highest possible settings and all effects turned on, then yes, the trailer could be used as solid evidence in order to justify this hypothesis about a visual downgrade. But to my knowledge, this has not occurred - therefore we must accept the null hypothesis, ie. that there has been no graphical downgrade.
Instead, everything we've been told about this trailer so far, such as the fact that it was put together in a hurry for the VGA's, leads further credence to the null hypothesis. Additionally it has been stated several times by Marcin Mamot and EvilChris that there has been no visual downgrade what-so-ever. So please, stop with the conjecture already people.
Yeah, Chris said the trailer was rushed out to meet the VGA trailer deadline and they had no trailer originally planned. I take that as meaning they didn't record any new footage and just used old footage they had (Because they didn't have time to record new footage or they'd miss the deadline)

---------- Updated at 09:27 AM ----------

This.
Doc, you seem right, noticed that too, maybe PS4 are more capable of that lighting than XOne. Some famitsu screenshots, older ones, show much more rich textures on some foliage.View attachment 8237
I never saw that screenshot. I see it's from Famitsu too. PS4 is more powerful so I'd guess it would be the best console version.

Typical video game forum behavior; the slightest negativity is met with backlash as fans rush to the aid of their favored developer, moderators then close these threads and people get more frustrated with having no method of discussing their "negative" opinion.

Everyone should quit with the personal attacks, stay on topic and project whatever opinion they have in a mature, polite and concise manner.
I'm a fanboy? Really? I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for clarifying that.
"Everyone should quit with the personal attacks, stay on topic and project whatever opinion they have in a mature, polite and concise manner." Some sage advice there.

are the famitsu screenshots actual gameplay?
If so, then I am absolutely not worried about a downgrade
Well, probably. It doesn't look obviously pre-rendered or anything. It was just a normal screenshot release and published in a magazine too. You can see PS4 buttons in this image on the right

View attachment 8239

Attachments

• yuy.jpg
    yuy.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 36
Even compare that hair to the new trailer. Same hair cut, you can tell it looks shinier and slicker in Famitsu. Especially around the pony tail knot. I'm pretty sure that this new trailer is E3 build or an older build in general

View attachment 8241

Also, both of Geralt's sword sheathes are the same. That's really odd

Attachments

• ESRB_The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Elder Blood Trailer.mov_snapshot_01.12_[2014.12.07_09.36.27].jpg
    ESRB_The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Elder Blood Trailer.mov_snapshot_01.12_[2014.12.07_09.36.27].jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I can almost sear that it is old and i saw some of those "frost" Wild Hunts before. This game is gonna be awesome, no matter what some people say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom