Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I would like to say is that if the game does not end up appearing as good as what was shown in the VGX trailer, then CDPR blatantly false-advertised, and I will not support them at any point in the future. Now, I must brace myself for the backlash.

One thing I would like to say is that if the game does not end up appearing as good as what was shown in the VGX trailer, then CDPR blatantly false-advertised, and I will not support them at any point in the future. Now, I must brace myself for the backlash.

What exactly do you mean by not supporting them? You wont buy any of their games in the future?

Why? from whom? i heard that we can't respond because it scales the problem. (?) Joking.... i think you have some right in that.

Let me put on my tin foil hat here for a moment.

CDPR is obviously a multiplatform developer now and has to deal with both M$ and Sony. Once you get into the multiplatform business there are also some rules you have to follow, the first and most important one being:

You shall not make the pc version look too good or too superior in any way in comparison to the Xbone and PS4 versions or you can forget about a release on the consoles

and the second most important rule being:

Your PR department shall not speak openly about any of this, and in case you have to, come up with something about Youtube's crappy compression being the root of all teh evil.

You have any actual proof of this, that devs do this? And don't come with: Look at some of the other games that have been released lately. Because that's not a good argument because you still don't have any proof MS or Sony told them to do so.
And your theory is already dis proven when you look at GTA V, the game is multi platform and the pc gets extra's and better graphics.

So I watched the uncompressed version of Elder Blood... as it is clear it has improved, still I must admit it looks like crap in comparison with old material: textures on the knights of the wild hunt are terrible, they seriously need more polish and touch. There seems to be a lack of global illumination, particularly during the scenes under day-light. Flames, lightning and visual effects in general got worse from the last time we saw something akin.

I really don't know what to say... I'm torn between trusting CDPR promises of not downgrading anything and the facts given by this and the previous sneak peeks of gameplay. It would be very sad and disappointing if the final game is nothing like the SoD and VGX trailer...

I'm waiting to see what happens, for now seems a mixture of hate against cdpr and some bad marketing.

---------- Updated at 05:23 PM ----------

Piracy doesn't exists, thats why cdpr doesn't use DRM.

Piracy exists, but all DRM does is fuck over actual paying customers. Everything gets cracked, and, yes, Denuvo will be cracked eventually.

Yes, I won't be buying products from them in the future if this ends up being the case. I don't support any sort of anti-consumer behavior, even if it is from CDPR.

Thats okay, I just hope that you will treat all games and studios like this ;) chances are you will end up with very little number of games to buy.

Last edited:
I'm on topic, my comment was related to this topic, and we are people talking can't be perfect but we are talking fine following the rules........ i just don't know why anything i say seems "wrong".

I think people are under estimating the sheer amount of assets involved in a game bigger than skyrim. Something like arkham knight is a lot more condesned so maintaing consitency when optimizing isn't any where near as hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom