Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the [SIZE=+1]developers shouldn't even respond to this thread.[/SIZE] Simply because they did it already, more than once actually, and people just ignored that. So, people won't listen, why bother?.

This will be soon the biggest thread in the forum and certainly the only one not worth reading, despite my posts of course. It's a zigzag fight of opinions, where no one is equipped with solid data, thus, nobody besides the developers can prove or disprove anything.

Unfortunately, as I've already said the answer from the developers were an will be ignored by the majority here, making this thread a completely pointless circus.

I'm sorry if I've offended somebody, but if I did it was only as much as this thread offends the developers, and myself actually.
They did respond, but in a way that left more questions than answers.

Blaming the poorly textured character models in the elder blood trailer on video compression gone wrong? Seriously?

And even if they claim that there's no downgrade - I find that hard to believe looking at comparisons like that:

There's no way the PS4 version will look like that.

Lol, that's what I said but it's unlikely they'd show anything else in Famitsu and in one screen you can see the button symbols for PS4. I did ask Marcin to confirm it but he didn't respond, probably falls under NDA.

I wonder if the reason that they are taking a while to release the trailer is because they are actually recreating the entire trailer with proper assets. Maybe the video team blamed it on compression so the community team relayed that. After a while the graphics team looked at it and said "OH SHIT the Texutres aren't loading in properly". So maybe they are fixing a bug in the game and are actually recreating the trailrer shot by shot?
Just some speculation here.

Last edited:
I wonder if the reason that they are taking a while to release the trailer is because they are actually recreating the entire trailer with proper assets. Maybe the video team blamed it on compression so the community team relayed that. After a while the graphics team looked at it and said "OH SHIT the Texutres aren't loading in properly". So maybe they are fixing a bug in the game and are actually recreating the trailrer shot by shot?
Just some speculation here.

They already released the uncompressed trailer yesterday.

Oh you mean the one on megaupload? if that's the new uncompressed trailer than it didn't really change my concerns.

But hang on didn't they say that it would be released "everywhere" why only on mega upload and not their youtube channel?

Oh you mean the one on megaupload? if that's the new uncompressed trailer than it didn't really change my concerns.

But hang on didn't they say that it would be released "everywhere" why only on mega upload and not their youtube channel?

I do not think that's the real uncompressed trailer, because like you said it would be seen in their channel oo Youtube.

You cannot SERIOUSLY believe the final game will have textures like that, this whole "downgrade" fad that's started recently due to people noticing discrepancies in a certain game is really, VERY annoying. (aside from the fact that it's been that way for a very long time)

Exactly what benefit will textures of that quality give in this alleged "downgrade"? Performance? HAH! Textures of characters of all things, really?

Do the textures look bad/unfinished/low-quality or res? Yes.
Does that lend any credibility to the arguments about potential downgrade? No. We haven't reached the point where modern machines(PCs and consoles alike) are SUDDENLY so weak hardware wise that we have to use 128x128 textures to save memory and bandwidth.

This is especially amusing because we've already seen a 35 minute long demo multiple times, played in multiple ways and it looked quite decent.

You cannot SERIOUSLY believe the final game will have textures like that, this whole "downgrade" fad that's started recently due to people noticing discrepancies in a certain game is really, VERY annoying. (aside from the fact that it's been that way for a very long time)
The god mod has spoken. Now everyone take a knee...
Lol after spending an afternoon's worth of time reading through these posts, I learned that the word "downgraded" was being used far too liberally in this thread.

This has probably been said before but you people who say the game is getting downgraded ( which it apparently is after every trailer released) how do you know from what builds the trailer is made and how the scenes have looked before the trailer? How do you know if the recent trailer isn't just from an early and unfinished build? Or a console version? I don't even want to read the whole thread because I know it would be a waste of time, people looking at every pixel and complaining how bad it looks. Apparently there's a better version coming and I hope it will blow everyone's minds by how good it looks and then the downgrade-shouting ones can look in the mirror and ask themselves: "Why did I ever doubt CD Project and make a fool of myself in front of everyone"?
Ok, that's enough, time for school

Its already been pointed out numerous times that there are several possible explanations for the low-res textures, such as rendering issues, incomplete assets (the game isn't finished, so it makes sense), or the use of an older build of the game. Each of these explanations are far more probable than any prospect of a downgrade, which has been denied time and time again by the developers. Yet each time someone mentions this, it just seems to be ignored in favor of the more 'dramatic' explanation.
It seems some people in this thread are more interested in going on a witch hunt and perpetuating the most catastrophic explanation, regardless of what the evidence would suggest, or which theory is more likely.
Quite frankly there's no reasoning with these sorts of people. They've already made up in their minds as to whats going on and nothing anyone tells them will convince them otherwise, because like a religious fanatic, they are more interested in belief than they are in logic.

There's no way the PS4 version will look like that.

Can I just say this thread is getting ridiculous.
People demand CPDR to respond, they do and people keep raging demanding a response.
People get proof of no major (if any) downgrade, and people keep raging on demanding a response of CDPR.

And now these screenshots of the PS4 version have been floating around the web for far longer then 4 weeks, and now at this moment nobody believes them anymore. (This last part was pointed at Gerlo, the top part wasn't directly pointed at you but more in general in this thread. This last part was)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom