Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about this forum is that any dissent can bring about good discussion. In other forums in which controversy arises, mods typically delete/lock threads. ;)
That happen here too. If not the thread, posts. But i agree most FANS in this forum are different than people in other places. I think The Witcher fans are what make this forum great.

What if the game is released and then we find downgrades. Will you and everybody else finally admit there is a problem?
Will you then admit CDPR are not perfect gods? Some people around here act like they are infallible. I promise you they are not. They are human.
Of course, if there is substantial graphical downgrades, then of course I would have no choice but to accept that as proof of downgrades and I'd start crying like everyone else. My problem is, as I've stated in several posts now, that people are just jumping to conclusions without even giving any consideration to more plausible alternatives. In short I take issue with their mindset and approach to this topic. Also I don't claim that CD Project are infallible. Neither the Witcher 1 or 2 were perfect games. All I'm saying is that until we have solid confirmation of there being problems, we shouldn't just assume that there is a problem.

Now How hard would it be to release a new 2 minute PC version video on maxed settings at 30 to 60fps in 1080p
Not hard at all. I find CDPR 's lack of a true response ....disturbing....
If CD Project released a new trailer every time people started whining about a funny looking texture, the game would never be finished, and CD Project would evolve into a movie studio instead lol.

get me back on the rails please.

He said that people should not use the screen of Wild Hunts general awful textures as proof for downgrade, because textures are not that demanding on system and both Xbox One and PS4 are capable of handling textures with much higher quality, it was most likely a glitch or unfinished work. What is then real proof of downgrade you may ask? It may be lightning that looks a bit weaker this time, but I think thats because of the cloudy weather present in many scenes of the trailer.

hmm, yes I see your point. The second image looks like a texture problem, the fire effects were blurred due to DOF (Depth of Field). The trailer itself is rushed, this time is very busy for them.

He said that people should not use the screen of Wild Hunts general awful textures as proof for downgrade, because textures are not that demanding on system and both Xbox One and PS4 are capable of handling textures with much higher quality, it was most likely a glitch or unfinished work. What is then real proof of downgrade you may ask? It may be lightning that looks a bit weaker this time, but I think thats because of the cloudy weather present in many scenes of the trailer.
i don't think there is a downgrade and if it were is not possible being on textures. But the way he talk is what i don't get, this is a forum with fans worried, anyone has an opinion, mods asked for civil comments.

i don't think there is a downgrade and if it were is not possible being on textures. But the way he talk is what i don't get, this is a forum with fans worried, anyone has an opinion, mods asked for civil comments.

I dont think it was his intention to attack anyone.

But the way he talk is what i don't get, this is a forum with fans worried, anyone has an opinion, mods asked for civil comments.

We also requested an end to discussion on whether or not specific posts are civil. I'd appreciate if you could get back on-topic please.

I dont think it was his intention to attack anyone.

I'm not actually sure which post you're both discussing. :(

Downgrade or (allegedly) not. As a couple of others already pointed out: Pics (or in this case footage) or it didn't happen.

And why exactly is it that they don't come forward and say from what version (or versions) of the game the footage was taken?
Why can't they just admit that it was, for instance from an old PC build that still had a few problems with textures and illumination or that it was footage recorded in the XBOne or PS4 versions?
Why must there always be such secrecy about information that when made publicly available would only help to avoid downgrade accusations?

Seriously, why is that?

Not openly come out and say what's what only makes it look more shifty and much less trustworthy.
Gotta agree with that.
Not coming out with a proper answer on the details surrounding the mishap and instead just sit it out until everybody has cooled down and shut up is not very professional and just leads to more and even worse accusations than alleged downgrading. I, and everyone else for that matter should expect better from CDPR.

Well I see mostly only these problems: Some of the textures, foliage and maybe a few lighting things. All of these don't suggest downgrade though necessarily, since they could as well be bugs or things deactivated or broken in the current build. Bigger questions is, if they make a video, why they don't avoid footage of currently broken things. I don't expect the game to be perfect currently, while they are still bugfixing and polishing, but to give an impression how it will look without those problems would have been better in my opinion. When you review the trailer before you release it, you should notice the problems and rerecord the scenes. Well maybe they decided to make one just last minute and didn't have the time anymore.

I've been watching this since saturday. Waiting. Faithfully. But I've downloaded the 3gb version Kinley posted in the donwload thread and even if most of the video improved, the wild hunt general still looks horrible:

http://i.imgur.com/zlIHW6V.jpg

This one is from Sword of Destiny, same guy _with_ textures:

http://i.imgur.com/U8LCEtp.jpg

I really hope they can explain this :facepalm:
The bad texture is not a texture problem in general and is not even from that character, is the frost effect.

Please remember that some of concerns might be due to fact of game release delay to get more time for optimisation process. A lot of folkas out there including myself thinks, now is optimisation same as downgrade?

I know because it lacks entire layers of detail and it's low res compared to the first one. I don't believe you because you will have no proof it's a bug until new screenshots are released.

I know because it lacks entire layers of detail and it's low res compared to the first one. I don't believe you because you will have no proof it's a bug until new screenshots are released.

And you have no proof either, so why should we believe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom