Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know because it lacks entire layers of detail and it's low res compared to the first one. I don't believe you because you will have no proof it's a bug until new screenshots are released.

ok no problem. anyway is not our fault, the trailer was a really very bad decision of cdpr. i'm more worried about map size than this, but this is being a new issue.

I have no idea what was happening in that recent Elder Blood tralier. It looked hastily put together, and bore clear signs of unfinished work, looking worse than Witcher 2 at multiple points.

At the beginning, the peasant's adam's apple and hand were disturbingly low poly (as in visible individual vertices) whereas the face looked finished material, bumpmapped properly, etc. Same goes for the new designs of the Wild Hunt - low poly as fuck, and the frost particle effects were low-res as well, missing any sort of AA. The grass looked placeholder-esque (which it probably was) and footprint impression mesh was popped in right in front of the viewer's eyes. Geralt also reverts to older hairstyle (no fur fx) etc.

A lot of stretching of models (Geralt chainmail in the end fight, Wild Hunt NPCs etc), jaggies, low-res textures and so on accompanied the rest of the video, and there were clear differentiation in the amount of work put in the snowy areas versus the forest areas. Particle fx also look very bad - most egregious case would be that Quen explosion where we got a splendid view of fire clouds without any sort of volumetric effects,giving it an extremely 2D look. Same case in the fire in the background of the Eredin introduction scene.

Either way, the new design of the king looked quite good, and I'd say the same for Yennefer and Ciri. Hopefully we'll get more material in the future.

I have no idea what was happening in that recent Elder Blood tralier. It looked hastily put together, and bore clear signs of unfinished work, looking worse than Witcher 2 at multiple points.

At the beginning, the peasant's adam's apple and hand were disturbingly low poly (as in visible individual vertices) whereas the face looked finished material, bumpmapped properly, etc. Same goes for the new designs of the Wild Hunt - low poly as fuck, and the frost particle effects were low-res as well, missing any sort of AA. The grass looked placeholder-esque (which it probably was) and footprint impression mesh was popped in right in front of the viewer's eyes. Geralt also reverts to older hairstyle (no fur fx) etc.

A lot of stretching of models (Geralt chainmail in the end fight, Wild Hunt NPCs etc), jaggies, low-res textures and so on accompanied the rest of the video, and there were clear differentiation in the amount of work put in the snowy areas versus the forest areas. Particle fx also look very bad - most egregious case would be that Quen explosion where we got a splendid view of fire clouds without any sort of volumetric effects,giving it an extremely 2D look. Same case in the fire in the background of the Eredin introduction scene.

Either way, the new design of the king looked quite good, and I'd say the same for Yennefer and Ciri. Hopefully we'll get more material in the future.

THAT is perftect summary of ALL the problems in the trailer. And as per that frost effect, I hope there is an option in graphics to disable it, it looks HORRIBLE.

Honestly who cares how the trailer looks? As a trailer it should look amazing but I believe that once Witcher 3 is released, it will have many graphics options, and with RedKit players will be able to even modify how it looks.

View attachment 8300

Well, this looks bad indeed...Don't know why, I am far from tech expert...

But honestly, I refuse to believe this will be final version of game...This is CDPR and W3 comes out in 2015 and not for PS2 :D

Attachments

• 000000.jpg
    000000.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 43
i know its off topic but i just watched Uncharted 4 and batman demo gameplay, cdrp project needs more time and more resources to do a decent end of geralt saga games of the witcher, i mean just look at the trailers from other games in Game Awards 2014, w3 dosen´t even come close its not the same league, animations, graphics, physics, this makes me sad. a good story, different endings, choices all this needs to be matched with a decent 2015 engine.

Come on guys, it doesn't take a genious to see it doesn't even have fabric/ cloth/ his gauntlets etc- compared how it is ment to be. Can you stop posting it.

i know its off topic but i just watched Uncharted 4 and batman demo gameplay, cdrp project needs more time and more resources to do a decent end of geralt saga games of the witcher, i mean just look at the trailers from other games in Game Awards 2014, w3 dosen´t even come close its not the same league, animations, graphics, physics, this makes me sad. a good story, different endings, choices all this needs to be matched with a decent 2015 engine.

Uncharted 4 is a linear adventure game, you cant really compare it to open-world rpg, and as far as I know Batman does not have dynamic day and night cycle, or grass or forests, Arkham city as a setting is a lot more static... and empty. You are jumping to conclusion.

Uncharted 4 looks average imo, nothing special.

Uncharted 4 is a linear adventure game, you cant really compare it to open-world rpg, and as far as I know Batman does not have dynamic day and night cycle, or grass or forests, Arkham city as a setting is a lot more static... and empty. You are jumping to conclusion.
And Uncharted apparently got downgrade, too...:D
Anyway, you are completely right-there is no way we can compare it...
And besides, who the hell cares for Batmans and Drakes? :harhar:

ok how about DA:I, hell even RDR(2010 game)have better engine animations.

It's a bit unfair to compare it with DA:I and the EA animations engine behind it (it's used by a lot of EA's games and there were significant money investments in it, hell it could even surpass the CDPR budget for W3).
As for RDR, we all know what the Euphoria engine is capable of and why it looks so good. But I think R* have exclusive rights to it.

Considering the size of CDPR, I think they are doing a very good job so far. I'm quite excited to see the final product.

---------- Updated at 02:28 PM ----------

Uncharted in not an open world game and Batman doesn't have much variety in terms of the world, no forests, no mountains, no foliage. They look good, I'm not saying that they don't, but there are differences that need to be taken into account.

And....
I'm letting those two posts go because they probably didn't see my request, but no more posts about other games please. Any more are likely to be deleted.

i don´t want to be unfair to cdrp i know they work hard to give us the best game they can, what i´m trying to say is that working hard sometimes its not enough, i think they need more time and money, sorry if i don´t see all roses in everything with the witcher name on it, probably i´m to old to see things like that anymore.

Hi.

For me, even if the visuals are at witcher 2 level, with a good story, gameplay and vast open world, it will be a winner :)

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom