Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying is that we need to be realistic here.
We all want the best game possible, but EA and Warner Bros have much deeper pockets than CDPR.

Still, money is not the only thing necessary for a great game. I'm much more interested in the story, the characters, the game systems.
I just hope the game looks as good as possible, but even if there a few issues here and there, that's not a deal breaker for me.

I find it disturbing that there's not more demand for another official statement that goes beyond the usual PR reassuring prose about no downgrade and that everything's gonna be just fine.

Don't you want to know what build or what platform was used to create the footage for the Elder Blood trailer?

It's not that CDPR has to or that we as customers are entitled to that information, but it certainly wouldn't hurt their already slightly cracked reputation anymore either if they spilled the beans.

I understand the concerns of some people about the quality of the game but watching the latest trailer over and over again and seeing the texture issues in it, i am pretty certain that what we see there is NOT the game we will get or how the latest playable build actually looks.
The Elder blood trailer, at certain points, looks worse than the 35 minute gameplay video we got and that was supposed to be from an old build before the summer or something. That is the only actual real gameplay we got so far and it looked good. I'm sure that over the last 4-5 months they even improved on it and it will look great.
Mind you, if the game turns out to be worse than promised i will be among the people that critisize CDPR for it but we have to wait until we get the game in our hands to do that :)

i don´t want to be unfair to cdrp i know they work hard to give us the best game they can, what i´m trying to say is that working hard sometimes its not enough, i think they need more time and money, sorry if i don´t see all roses in everything with the witcher name on it, probably i´m to old to see things like that anymore.

I know what you mean that hard work alone is not enough sometimes, but I think that is the price for CDPRs freedom. Sure, they could gain more manpower or resources by signing contract with some big publisher like EA, but do we really want that? I dont think so.

Now How hard would it be to release a new 2 minute PC version video on maxed settings at 30 to 60fps in 1080p
Not hard at all. I find CDPR 's lack of a true response ....disturbing....

Well, this is actually the part that many people seem not to get.

Releasing a new 2 minute PC version video on maxed settings at 30 to 60fps in 1080p is not something they can do on the fly. It's not like someone from PR and Marketing can do it themselves and it's certainly not like someone is just sitting in the office and waiting for trailer/video/screenshots requests.

The game is 2 months before going gold. The whole team is most probably at crunch, working their assess off so there's NO DOWNGRADE AT RELEASE. To make a new video/trailer happen someone from the core development team has to do it. Yes, that's right, someone has to stop what he/she is doing - that is polishing the game - and work on creating content, capturing it, rendering, putting it together etc etc. So it's not like someone from the marketing comes in and casually says "Hi guys, can I get a new trailer tomorrow? Fans are concerned and we need to prove them wrong" and a few people stop picking their noses and are like "Cool, let's do this then, I'll give you the USB with the new trailer tomorrow morning while we sip on our lattes!".

And as it has been said repeatedly - CDPR gave us their response twice, it just has been ignored and dismissed. Seems like chasing those conspiracy theories is more interesting to some.

Well, this is actually the part that many people seem not to get.

Releasing a new 2 minute PC version video on maxed settings at 30 to 60fps in 1080p is not something they can do on the fly. It's not like someone from PR and Marketing can do it themselves and it's certainly not like someone is just sitting in the office and waiting for trailer/video/screenshots requests.

The game is 2 months before going gold. The whole team is most probably at crunch, working their assess off so there's NO DOWNGRADE AT RELEASE. To make a new video/trailer happen someone from the core development team has to do it. Yes, that's right, someone has to stop what he/she is doing - that is polishing the game - and work on creating content, capturing it, rendering, putting it together etc etc. So it's not like someone from the marketing comes in and casually says "Hi guys, can I get a new trailer tomorrow? Fans are concerned and we need to prove them wrong" and a few people stop picking their noses and are like "Cool, let's do this then, I'll give you the USB with the new trailer tomorrow morning while we sip on our lattes!".

And as it has been said repeatedly - CDPR gave us their response twice, it just has been ignored and dismissed. Seems like chasing those conspiracy theories is more interesting to some.
Maybe they were ignored and dismissed because they contained nothing informative and convincing enough to quell the shitstorm.
Just saying.

Maybe they were ignored and dismissed because they contained nothing informative and convincing enough to quell the shitstorm.
Just saying.

Having in mind the critique and shitstorms all previous trailers received(they were of course not of this magnitude as the current one, but still) - I see no answer informative and convincing enough that CDPR could give at this moment.

The curent build is far from stable. seeing a build from a few months ago would be a moot point.

Oh yes lets just capture footage with half the features deactivated and being worked on. Now unless you want to see an out come worse than the trailer i suggest you wait.

I do: screenshots showing the actual state of things that people use to show a possible downgrade. That is REALLY easy.

Having in mind the critique and shitstorms all previous trailers received(they were of course not of this magnitude as the current one, but still) - I see no answer informative and convincing enough that CDPR could give at this moment.
What build and what platform was used for the Elder Blood trailer for starters. That would do.

Last edited:
ok how about DA:I, hell even RDR(2010 game)have better engine animations.
Euphoria engine is amazing. Haven't seen many good animations from dragon age.

I think The Witcher 3's animations look good from the gameplay and the trailers. Facial and other wise. The physics engine look good too going from that scene where he throws aard in that small room. Plus when he uses Aard in the 35 minute demo body parts from enemies will move if they're caught in it.

Webm of the aard part I mention. Watch the gibs. Even the body floats down the water a bit http://a.pomf.se/xwhjai.webm

exactly 2 months, CDRP should be showing videos of final little details like butterfly's, wind, rain, wet clothes, npcs agendas and all the little details that bring life to the living world, not straggling with basic textures like trees, amour and vegetation all messed up.

I agree with you on that one.

exactly 2 months, CDRP should be showing videos of final little details like butterfly's, wind, rain, wet clothes, npcs agendas and all the little details that bring life to the living world, not straggling with basic textures like trees, amour and vegetation all messed up.
There is still time :)

All of this will most likely come in January and February. I think they didnt really plan anything for this month, maybe some christmas card or something like that.

Hopefully we get a launch trailer that shows the true game like with The Witcher 2

Should be? According to what? Do you have any market research data showing that releasing highly detailed promo materials 3 months before game release - when it's "all hands on deck" time and everyone in the team is busy as hell to ship the game in the best state possible - will give them desired results? As long as in the "desired results" column we put something else as "pleasing hardcore fans that can't wait for the game and will buy it anyway" ?

Did you notice when the most of Dragon Age: Inquisition trailers and live streams emerged? Around a month before release, right after the game went gold. Before that it was just a few (mostly bad) screenshots here and there and a weak ass trailer every few months. And guess what? It sold a shitton and already got a GOTY2014 title.

Should be? According to what? Do you have any market research data showing that releasing highly detailed promo materials 3 months before game release - when it's "all hands on deck" time and everyone in the team is busy as hell to ship the game in the best state possible - will give them desired results? As long as in the "desired results" column we put something else as "pleasing hardcore fans that can't wait for the game and will buy it anyway" ?

Did you notice when the most of Dragon Age: Inquisition trailers and live streams emerged? Around a month before release, right after the game went gold. Before that it was just a few (mostly bad) screenshots here and there and a weak ass trailer every few months. And guess what? It sold a shitton and already got a GOTY2014 title.

DAI was having lots of long gameplays and in-game produced trailers since this year E3, not just one month, Hinterlands and Redcliffe demos even bofere that. Just adding correct data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom