Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder mostly about other mechanics in the game. Graphics are just the graphics. We still dont know about also very important things for a cRPG Witcher should have:
dynamic.weather system - we need to see this in action
stable day cycle - is it really real like well done in RDR or GTA V?
, more detailed informations about the alchemy system - more claryfications most wanted
avialabe skills - we do kwon any of them
customized difficulty levels (options on/off Questmarkers, fast travel, pernamnet death, and more options)
A.I. enemys and monsters

, and even more things, which i couldnt count at this time....

When will You, REDs get us detailed answers for quastions of comunity? Are You going to make clariffications about the worries about gameplay mechanics?
Graphics arent most important for the game at all.

We need more Informations, more gamplay footage ( in which will be theese things very well explained about how they are suposed to work in actuall game.
For now we do now almost nothing, or just a few. Graphics arent most important for cRPG. We want to see all that things in next gameplay for the 3 all 3 platforms to be sure there are well done.

Last edited:
Should be? According to what? Do you have any market research data showing that releasing highly detailed promo materials 3 months before game release - when it's "all hands on deck" time and everyone in the team is busy as hell to ship the game in the best state possible - will give them desired results? As long as in the "desired results" column we put something else as "pleasing hardcore fans that can't wait for the game and will buy it anyway" ?

Did you notice when the most of Dragon Age: Inquisition trailers and live streams emerged? Around a month before release, right after the game went gold. Before that it was just a few (mostly bad) screenshots here and there and a weak ass trailer every few months. And guess what? It sold a shitton and already got a GOTY2014 title.
While EA is a scummy company, people who wanted DA:I knew what they were getting based on consistent trailers/screenshots (despite how crappy Bioware animation/writing is). With this, no one knows what the hell is going on. What they're showing us is all over the place.

Check news section, another open letter.... Oh my god, waiting for this game is unbearable, Am I in purgatory or what? Brace yourselves people, shitstorm of incredible proportions si coming.

WTF...

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Seems like they REALLY have some problems.

I am disappointed with you CDPR. I am glad you made this decision now but you have been keeping the truth from us..you blatantly swore that the dev was going fine lol.

This sucks. Totally sucks. But recent gameplay (that 35. Min) along with recent rough pics and the new trailer suggest they need more time. Now they have it. The delay will make the long cold Canadian winter a bit harder to bear but my wife will be happier with more tv time for her. :/. Sucks but life goes on. Hopefully the next reveal will be more encouraging and bring back some hope to the diehards that are upset/frustrated.

Three months is not that much time i suppose. If it means the game will be as polished as possible then i really have no problems with it. Although it does hurt a bit :)

Well I hope this thread didn't have anything to do with the delay.

The graphics were fine and they can't magically make the graphics better they would have to cut back on other stuff.

The way in which people choose to complain in this thread has been horrendous. Do you think after reading all this trolling on this thread is going to make the developers happy and excited to finish working on the game. No. This thread sucked the souls out of the developers. There is a good way and a bad way. This thread was the fucking troll way.

I'm actually shocked this thread was allowed to go this far. It's gone in circles with people repeating essentially the same thing over and over.

This delay is definitely a direct result of this thread. The coincidence would be extreme for it to be otherwise. They just released a trailer, which also had the February release date attached to it. Then just a few days later they delay the game? Very bizarre.

The way in which people choose to complain in this thread has been horrendous. Do you think after reading all this trolling on this thread is going to make the developers happy and excited to finish working on the game. No. This thread sucked the souls out of the developers. There is a good way and a bad way. This thread was the fucking troll way.
Although i do agree with you about the way some people have voiced their complains/concerns, i doubt the delay had anything to do with this. It's hard to imagine that a 3 month delay was decided just 2 days after the reactions. They might be already considering it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom