Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still my favorite gif from the game, simply stunning! And nah, swamp in the demo didn't look nearly as good as this. Hopefully it's just the lighting (i.e. time of the day).

@Blady are you trying to say that Witcher 3 looks shitty? Seeing your post with "examples" of gif makes me think so... That being said - Witcher 3 looks shitload of times better than pretty much anything on the market right now...

nope, I am just tired off all those downgrade deniers
after vgx and sod i am a little bit disappointment.

I remember all this pr talk about cgi level and that graphic can only be better and better after sod

nope, I am just tired off all those downgrade deniers
after vgx and sod i am a little bit disappointment.

I remember all this pr talk about cgi level and that graphic can only be better and better after sod
post that
It doesn't take many minutes to put a game to some lists like most anticipated games of E3 for example. Those clips will be played again and again by different gaming sites. And things like the "famous village gif" will be posted around the internet. So even if the graphics are lowered afterwards, it will have already paid off...
The problem is that if only people paid attention, they would see shit like this in for example the famous village gif

jagged shadows
no hair physics
bad textures in places
texture pop-in just 5 yards in front of Geralt
bad faces with no shading
TW2 sharpening
that red cloth on the right side clipping through the hanger
copypasted horses, sheep and people in front of the mill

This is of course offset by a nicely colored myriad of things going at screen at once, with wind nicely blowing around, but that is hardly a matter of graphics. If you are seeing some excellent graphics in it that have been then downgraded, then it is a fault of your ignorance and lack of attention.

Last edited:
To be quite honest the only thing that I notice thats lacking in the latest materials is that there are no particles flying into your face.

I found his request to be really weird, seeing as anyone who have read this thread at least know what we are talking about whether they agree about the downgrade or not.

I would advise you to read this thread again from the very beginning, then come back and say what you said again :p

To be quite honest the only thing that I notice thats lacking in the latest materials is that there are no particles flying into your face.
Mostly that, but I prefer have them, I know some don't. They create a nice illusion - if done right - and make sceneries feel more alive.

For whatever reasons, the thread seems to be getting overheated right now. Cool it please.

And those who have already stated their case may wish to consider stopping posting for a while. "Yes it is", "No it isn't" arguments aren't especially helpful to anyone.

@C0bR
have you wrote how shitty this village gif is back when those footage was released? i seriously doubt
So?

Seriously, so?

He's not pointing out these faults at the GIF to try and say the game looked atrocious. At least, I don't think so. The GIF is lovely, I like it too, but C0bR is pointing out criticism at it to try and show how the downgrade claim might be a bit blinded, and grossly overlooking things that were bad back then, and are better now. Him criticizing it, or not, when it was released, has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

My guess is that he didn't analyze the shit out of it when it was released partly because he, well... enjoyed it. And not being so prickly about graphics. But enjoying something doesn't mean you consider it flawless. But I'm talking on your behalf @C0bR , so correct me if I'm wrong.

Blady, I'll be honest here, I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at, anymore. You're so adamant about this downgrade issue that I fear you're starting to see things in black and white. For example, you ask C0bR if he wrote how "shitty" the village looked back then. But rereading his post, I don't see him saying anything of the sort. In fact, he even writes "This is of course offset by a nicely colored myriad of things [...]".

Voicing criticism about it doesn't amount to thinking it's "shitty", and not voicing said criticism back then doesn't mean he considered it perfect once upon a time, either. And finally, what he did or didn't think about it back then has nothing to do with the flaws he points out now that are no longer present in current footage (I think).

the snow in the mountain is terrible and the mountain is too short, looks like a hill
I agree with you on the fact that the snow was not as good as I hoped. The snow needs tessellation, and we should be able to see footprints in it.
They have not shown too much footage in snowy parts, so I assume they are still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom