Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been stated numerous times that a lot of PC graphical features will be implemented later on, and that they won't be showed in the coming gameplay video. So, there's no reason to worry

Exactly where if I might ask? It's also bollocks to claim give that we had a trailer with more graphical features then the rest.

Please cd project red, release a HQ gameplay video from the pc version with ultra settings and give it to a website like gamersyde.com so we can settle this whole downgrade argument once and for all. This is getting ridiculous.

Please cd project red, release a HQ gameplay video on gamersyde.com from the pc version with ultra settings so we can settle this whole downgrade argument once and for all. This is getting ridiculous.

Thats the problem the remaining time is more or less up heave everything, so the chances of things being ready to show are not too great.

We are most likely going to have to wait for it to go gold to get a final clear cut answer.

Last edited:
Exactly where if I might ask? It's also bollocks to claim give that we had a trailer with more graphical features then the rest

No idea where, I saw it yesterday, or the day before. SoD trailer had footage from different builds, VGX had sharpener turned on. Only relative comparison is between the 35 min E3 gameplay and the one we'll see on the 26th. On another note, it makes perfect sense for developers to show older builds to the press as they tend to be more stable.

Exactly where if I might ask? It's also bollocks to claim give that we had a trailer with more graphical features then the rest.

One of the developers said some of the graphical features were turned off for the demo, like Hairworks. For obvious reason of course (e.g. not stable). But he did noted that it will be in the final game.

Please cd project red, release a HQ gameplay video from the pc version with ultra settings and give it to a website like gamersyde.com so we can settle this whole downgrade argument once and for all. This is getting ridiculous.

I have a feeling they are not ready to do that yet, not until optimization is complete and they can start turning the dials up.

We don't know what they have planned for their ultra/uber settings, and whether it will reach the level of quality as some of the scenes in the VGX trailer.

Part of it may even be a business related decision, show good graphics with smooth gameplay now, talk up optimization, bells and whistles etc, and show uber settings to coincide with the next Nvidia graphics chipset, 980ti or whatever is next.

I'm not one that really participates in any downgrade discussions but I noticed some pop in of the yellowy grass (at the right behind the fence) in the hands-on video at around 1:10. Did anyone else notice this?

lol this is the one thread mods don't care if you go off topic:lol:

Because the topic is painfully stupid...

View attachment 9585

and created by peoples cats when they are away from their computers to fuck with humans while they wait for witcher 3 to come out.

Attachments

• Trolling_56743a_2883998.jpg
    Trolling_56743a_2883998.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Not at all, we were just on a coffee break.

But yeah, let's stay on-topic guys.

This is a serious question on my part, and I am not trying to be an asshole, or anything; but why have you guys allowed this thread to continue? Virtually anywhere else on the forum you guys usually demand hard proof, or validation when somebody makes a simple blanket statement. However here the actual original complaint has been addressed by the staff, and new recent footage suggests the contrary. I am not saying to dismiss criticism as that is why the game has turned out as good as it has, but this seems like general salt mine at this point. For people to restock on their personal levels of salt, and to spew it on others.

The thread was buried for several pages, but since a downgrade discussion erupted in another thread we decided to redirect people here. It's better to have a dedicated thread for this stuff, regardless if we think these claims are warranted or not.

And I somehow suspect we'll see some more accusations of downgrade post-stream on Monday. So for now the plan is to keep it open.

Last edited:
The thread was buried for several pages, but since a downgrade discussion erupted in another thread we decided to redirect people here, it's better to have a dedicated thread for this stuff, regardless if we think these claims are warranted or not.

And I somehow suspect we'll see some more accusations of downgrade post-stream on Monday. So for now the plan is to keep it open.

Ahh that makes sense now....

View attachment 9586

Everybody loves a good tire fire.

Attachments

• tire-fire21.jpg
    tire-fire21.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 45
Ahh that makes sense now....

Everybody loves a good tire fire.

Pretty much, the issue of a possible downgrade is a touchy subject, especially in light of recent game launches, most of the time perpetuated by a very vocal minority.

And with that said, if anyone has anything to add regarding the topic at hand, go ahead. Otherwise any off-topic posts will be deleted.

One of the developers said some of the graphical features were turned off for the demo, like Hairworks. For obvious reason of course (e.g. not stable). But he did noted that it will be in the final game.

Please when you make such statement be kind to put a link to where you get your information ^^ It would be much appreciated:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom