Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing that's happening here is the devs being encouraged not to give us early glimpses of their products in the future.

The only thing happening here is people saying CDPR should cut the PR crap they've engaged in with TW3. Why was there no such discussion with TW2? Because every single time they showed us trailers or gameplay footage it looked better and CDPR didn't spoon feed us condensed bullshit that the game would look considerably better then VGX or Sword of Destiny, which is objectively not the case regardless of the downgrade situation.

these new screenshots are much better than sod/vgx graphically imo. VGX looked rough with sharpening filter.

Last edited:
these new screenshots are much better than sod/vgx imo.

Now this statement makes me curious, in what regard do you find them better?
I am trying to see it, but I see grass that goes no further than 3 meters, an LOD that gives you endless squares and characters that seem...painted in almost.

Yes, you are just mocking other users
and most of neogaf writes about downgrade
What are you even talking about ,Mocking? How about you first take a look at those ridiculous (probably troll posts) with comparisons to PS2 age visuals and then speak of mocking.

And what does Neogaf has to do with this? LOL

Now this statement makes me curious, in what regard do you find them better?
I am trying to see it, but I see grass that goes no further than 3 meters, an LOD that gives you endless squares and characters that seem...painted in almost.

Better lighting, better hair, better art style/art direction, better sky, better clouds, no sharpening filter, better faces. Propably also better textures cuz vgx had sharpening filter.

Better lighting, better hair, better art style/art direction, better sky, better clouds, no sharpening filter, better faces. Propably also better textures cuz vgx had sharpening filter.

Thank you for the clarification though I do not see it besides the clouds/sky. The lighting looks very flat and the ground textures low res.
Maybe tonight will suprise me, who knows.

Then maybe you should tell those graphic whores that a open world game is a lot harder to make as 'beautiful' as a linear game. Because a open world game has a lot more on screen at once. Instead of a linear game were it might just be a skybox and some static vista's in the distance, instead of actual places to go.

neogaf is full of graphic whores who knows their shit when it come to graphic
they more obejctive in this matter than witcher fans on their official forum ;)

And yet, actually LOOKING at those neogaf threads, they also seem to have a mix of people saying the graphics are better, and people saying the graphics are worse. Just like here.

People there, as here, are expressing opinions. Please stick to expressing yours, and not claiming a higher validity based on other forums.

i admit the ps2 comparison regarding the lightning was overreacting, its bad but not that bad. i will wait for the video to take my conclusions, i just think overall the game looks to bright and cartooned, i was hooping for a w1 dark mood,

Lowest quality?! That's a fucking insult to CDPR.. Open your eyes.
How is that looking so bad to you? That shot alone looks better than most AAA titles these days, yet you scream DOWNGRADE!! Game is looking stunning, even for a console, and I don't see much of a real difference from VGX trailer.

I swear when I see people going nuts with this never ending "downgrade" bs, it makes me sad that such threads are even excist..

CDPR already stated that there will be no downgrade. But I guess you can't stop dogs from barking.

Sorry about the outburst, the last screen where the horse is being dragged off does indeed look terrible. I shall wait now.

Could we drop the neogaf discussion please? As mentioned earlier, this thread is supposed to be for you to discuss your own views, not parade or dispute those from other forums.

As I have mentioned before I am no graphic expert so I can't discuss the technical side of the that issue. I can use my eyes however and comment on what I see and from what I have seen with the new screenshots and the short preview is not really what I would consider a downgrade but more a change in aesthetics, color theme and psychics (less things moving or reacting).

For me and this is purely personal, because I realize fully others properly feel differently, it makes the game feel more mainstream and less "mature". It doesn't for me have that deep, griddy, dirty, dusty and dark medieval atmosphere from the earlier trailers and it seems a bit more "lifeless".

However I remain positive as when it comes to it all I have good screen/TV which I can change the color to better sooth me and to give the game a more mature look from the earlier trailers. Also I do believe I have read several places on here that many things are not yet turned on so I remain hopeful that those are things that made the game seem more "alive" like hairworks, dust in the air, wind in the clothes and so on.

All in all I am very positive with these new screens and preview. All that really sours my graps are the fact that the game is still four moths away. I hate that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom