Ocean Exploration

+
which trailer has mermaids?
is the quick glimpse in the 2013 trailer?
in which case i believe they simply became the sirens.
there is a bit of story in Sword of Destiny where Geralt is translating to a Siren about a possible romance with a Lord. the storyline goes onto to suggest nothing will be happening between the two without the bloke "losing his legs and ending up with all the parts of a merman, tail and all!"
so any chance of sexual dalliance in game is hardly likely to happen!

there is a bit of story in Sword of Destiny where Geralt is translating to a Siren about a possible romance with a Lord. the storyline goes onto to suggest nothing will be happening between the two without the bloke "losing his legs and ending up with all the parts of a merman, tail and all!"

although it would be nice to explore the jellfish human hybrids city.Fighting the would be ridiculous as they were supposed to be fast and strong(they were sentient too , so their extermination is a big no no for geralt)

Would sacrifice legs for mermaid sexy times... Giggity..

Or mermaid sexy to turn Merman for under ocean exploration quests for a limited time. :animier:

Would sacrifice legs for mermaid sexy times... Giggity..

Or mermaid sexy to turn Merman for under ocean exploration quests for a limited time. :animier:

Mermaid sexy times could be kinda lame if you think about it, I mean she would probably just lay a clutch of eggs and then tell Geralt to fertilize them.

Yeah the whales were not meant to be seen underwater. I was right next to one when it breached and I quickly dived to see it but there was nothing there. Broke the immersion.

Well that sucks, guess I will stop trying to get swallowed by a whale....30 hours down the drain.....

Some more marine life wouldn't hurt for sure. I didn't manage to see a single whale fin so far but i find it funny whole whales don't actually exist in the game. Well, in water at least. Add a couple of fishes, algae, whales, killer whales for icy waters and maybe some sharks and dolphins (none of them have to be intractable/killable) and I think water exploration would be greatly improved.

Actually the exploration experience of ocean for me is quite frustrating "ON BOAT"
Lots of smuggler's cache and spoil of war in Skellige, in order to collect them all, through a boat is the quickest method.
However, every time I reach a location which is full of Sirens, the animation is bugged as hell. ( I haven't mentioned the lack of frame animation of Geralt when sailing the boat)
Geralt freezes on boat and do nothing even i tried all the attack/ sign button( it happens when i click E directly after reached the location, happens occasionally though)
Because the location is full of Sirens, even if i manage to get Geralt 'unfreeze', he will enter attack mode immediately, and i have to fight them on boat, which is unpleasant for me, even if i want to deal with them underwater, "SPACE" will do nothing for me. I just see Geralt rolling and rolling again. ("Alt" will do the trick though)
And some bugs which i can stand for, press 2 times "C" to dive and randomly sink to sea floor and teleport to the sky in 1s. Other than that, it is still good though.

Last edited:
Gave swimming a go today. Got stuck in an underwater boat cause he was half out the water and cant jump (stairs were blocked by a non-aard'able object) on the west coast of velen. Also tried that chest again and he still helplessly somersaults around it, its beyond frustrating! Maybe its not working for me or I'm doing it wrong.

That's not a swimming issue, that quest is bugged and the chest can't be opened. You can still finish the quest without it - it's a really basic "Go there, find out what happened, report back" setup, and the outcome is the same whether you open the chest or not. (you just get a choice of whether you want to be greedy and keep what you found in the chest or not, and the contents are nothing special)

That's not a swimming issue, that quest is bugged and the chest can't be opened. You can still finish the quest without it - it's a really basic "Go there, find out what happened, report back" setup, and the outcome is the same whether you open the chest or not. (you just get a choice of whether you want to be greedy and keep what you found in the chest or not, and the contents are nothing special)

I have completed the quest without opening it already, was really frustrated at the time. Did not realise it was a quest bug and not a swimming bug. My bad :p

They should have either fully commited to whales or not...

None of this ghost whale stuff.

I want to find the mermaids in the trailer.... I was promised mermaid sexy times lol.

large sea but empty such a big letdown w3 needs 1 more year to be ready idont care it it was 100 euro price it were that good it worth it atm it missing too many stuff and its such a failure for a open world

such a shame i had hopes for sexy mermaids and intresting stuff i nthe sea but nothing? damn big world with no content get you bored in no time THE GAME WAS NOT READYY

Top Bottom