October Season has begun

+
The October Season has begun and brings back fan-favorite modes like Battle Rush and Trial by Fire. The latter now includes the brand new cards from the Chronicles card drop!

Towards the end of the month, you will have the chance of clearing up a spooky murder mystery…

Find out more about the Seasonal Modes below.

Patchnotes: Link

Seasonal Modes:

Trial by Fire 04.10 - 11.10

Queue up with a faction of your choice - your deck will be replaced with a prebuilt deck for the same faction, featuring cards from the new expansion!

Double Down 11.10 - 18.10

Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from your deck. Your starting deck is doubled in size at the start of the match.

Patience is a virtue! 18.10 - 25.10

At the start of the round and at the end of your turn, transform all cards in your hand into random ones that cost 1 provision more.

Battle Rush 25.10 - 01.11

Both players have just 8 seconds to complete their turn and 15 seconds to complete the redrawing phrase.

Power Shift 01.11 - 08.11

At the start of the match, set the power of every unit in your starting deck to its Provision Cost.

This season is planned to end on November 8th, 10:00 A.M. CEST.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Played mostly the baptism by fire seasonal mode today, to try the 'default decks' of the new cards.
This is not necessarily a picture of what will happen in the meta, because there's still the previous meta decks and the interactions with these new decks will shift the meta.

Basically the NR deck dominates. Yes, the new NR cards everyone was complaining that were weak. But in the vacuum of just these 6 decks, there isnt enough control to put them in check, and its quite easy to 2-0 thanks to the bronze reaver spam that acts quite similar to crossbowmen or tibor spam, wiping out the board with so many pings.
The SK and NG still have a chance, with some control, but others dont. The NR deck is very binary, if you dont counter it, its very likely you will lose.

The NG one seems very pointslammy, but probably will be punishable with Yrden, similar to how NR Grace Knights were last seasons.

The SY only faced twice and havent tried myself, but i saw the alert that it was not working properly so ill wait till its fixed.

The SK one seems strong, but it lacks tall punishment, which likely wont be an issue on constructed warrior decks outside this mode.
Also, of these 6 decks its probably the most similar/ familiar to some old meta decks. Although Bloodthirst is getting harder and harder to get, with so many archetypes getting massive boosts (the NG and ST one).

Havent tried the ST one, but it seems rather weak and also very similar to the typical symbiosis lists, but trickier to pilot due to the placement of units mattering.

The MO one is the one i used the most. Imlerith's wrath is great now, caranthir GC is definitely worth its provisions, but the 2 bronzes didnt convince me at all, most cases i prefered having the other WH bronzes than the new ones.
And with so much damage through frost, but not translating that into removal/ control still feels pretty bad.

Trial by fire is a fun mode -- what Gwent would be without the horribly binary decks that have developed. But I have two questions:

1. Is anyone aware of a deck list for the decks in this month's Trial by Fire?
2. Is it intended that a player's choice of stratagem is not changed when the deck is replaced in Trial by Fire, or is this an oversight?

It sounds like new music this season? Or maybe just new to me.
Is this new menu song available on Spotify or other sources? I'll be following for more updates!

Hi, I just realized that the tree where you get the wood card when you by all points is only available until November season? You have to get over 100 keys in just one month, or did I miss something? I was focused to collect enough keys but than counted the total keys and now I am frustrated because this is just unreachable for me. The other trees where longer available when I remember it correct, why is there less time now?

I mean 50 keys for a month ok but over hundred is impossible and if you want the other coin too you to grind the same amount again I don’t know how to reach this goal as a regular player.

But maybe I missed something or don’t understand it.

In general it is still a loving game.

Greetings!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hi, I just realized that the tree where you get the wood card when you by all points is only available until November season? You have to get over 100 keys in just one month, or did I miss something? I was focused to collect enough keys but than counted the total keys and now I am frustrated because this is just unreachable for me. The other trees where longer available when I remember it correct, why is there less time now?

I mean 50 keys for a month ok but over hundred is impossible and if you want the other coin too you to grind the same amount again I don’t know how to reach this goal as a regular player.

Greetings!
I think those trees will be available until the november season, INCLUDED. So you still have all of next month to fill them.

Then they will be replaced for new trees in early December, after Gwent Masters and the last card drop of the year.

Greetings!

Don’t worry, these trees will come back anyway, maybe be next year.
Old trees always return

Top Bottom