ODA First encounter on Very Hard if you haven't done it might spoil your fun.

+

Did you fight ODA on Very Hard?

• He was difficult

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • He was not that Hard

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • He pushed my ability higher as a swords man and gunner

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • He we was easy to figure out

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
I figured his fighting style after multiple failed attempts over the Very Hard setting. He has some sword fighting skill but is useless when in tight quarters. I was able to use the dodging system as a fighting system during sword combat which confused ODA during fight sequences where he believes he would land his attacks but nothing but soft handed hits. I was able to easily push ODA away as he hates to be hurt. Once he was under 50% you saw a different side of ODA one that prefers running and hiding over direct combat and the use of his AI driven dual hand guns which he shoots aimlessly in the air relying on the homing effectiveness. But the area plays out like a school yard fight in the jungle gym. If you dodge ODA and find his healing hiding spots with the use of some grenades you will quickly find ODA is quite defenseless once pressured back. During some of the encounter with ODA I began to also climb and traverse some of the stage in pursuit of ODA which also trigger his flight instead of fight. I let him live at the end of the fight sequence because I seek another rematch with him he has forced me to develop my Character much much more. My Avatar was not prepared for the fight sequence with ODA but after the interaction I was left with an impression that the sky is the limit for enhancements that curve the battle in ones favor. I was really kicking ODAS butt hard it took much longer to see him die then I think it should but we shall see.

Attachments

• photomode_21122020_150053.png
    photomode_21122020_150053.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 256
If you use the cripple movement quick hack on him he basically becomes a punching bag. Other than that, he's probably the coolest boss in the game imo, I like fighting him hand to hand though. It makes it a little more challenging getting the timing right, cuz on very hard he will kill you in like 2-3 hits

Played him on Hard. Oda is without a doubt the best bossfight I had in my playthrough.
Some of the cyberpsychos are neat, but Oda made me learn a bit more about dodging, swordsplay and running away - both you and the enemy. It was fun. Smasher comes close and only that.
You do figure Oda out eventually and when it happens you'll beat him easily. Manage to avoid his charges, counter his guns, use cover and V's agility, find his hiding spots later on and he's finished. Oda should have had a little more variety in his arsenal, you learn his patterns a little too quickly and can rapidly mess him up with the right weapons. But it was overall the most fun I had with a single fight. He kills you quickly if you're not careful - I think that's good. Could have used more fights like that.

Used his headgear until I got the aviators.

Yeah he was fun to fight against, I only play in normal mode though and it was not really difficult. My V is a shotgunner and Oda's health was considerably high so when I needed to reload I had to sprint away from him a bit. I don't use any quickhacks, just pure shotgun to his face. I think I used my basic scan to search for him when he's trying to recuperate and finish him off with more shotgun pellets to the face lol.

Playing on normal or hard and it's horrible. The fight goes fine until at some point I always become over encumbered and I have no idea why. As a result I move so slow that all I can do when he is on the ground is hope to run away from him. So far I have died about 10 times and I'm honestly thinking about shelving the entire fucking game. It doesn't help that I have spent most of my points on pistol perks meaning I rely on headshots to do damage. Which is hard enough against such a fast melee enemy where I am forced to move 24/7, but made even harder by the fact that he has ninja dodge mods and my move speed drops to a crawl. So far I have seen nobody mention this over encumbered issue so I don't know if it's a bug or by design. If it's by design it's probably one of the laziest and most idiotic ways of making a boss fight harder I have encountered in any game.
Post automatically merged:

So a quick update. The Oda fight is now over after cheesing him with the magic box. However even after dumping all my inventory into my stash at the apartment I am still over encumbered. So yeah. Time to let this game go.

Last edited:
I had a legendary quickhand deck, which bugged out an i couldn't use quickhands on him but i had Lizzies pistol that slapped that ninja down hard an surprisingly vewy fast

first time even on middle level was hard to beat him
2nd one was on very hard, but netrunner build just crippled him and it was easy enough

smasher is just a joke
oda is the best one
looks cool, fights cool, has honour

Playing on normal or hard and it's horrible. The fight goes fine until at some point I always become over encumbered and I have no idea why. As a result I move so slow that all I can do when he is on the ground is hope to run away from him. So far I have died about 10 times and I'm honestly thinking about shelving the entire fucking game. It doesn't help that I have spent most of my points on pistol perks meaning I rely on headshots to do damage. Which is hard enough against such a fast melee enemy where I am forced to move 24/7, but made even harder by the fact that he has ninja dodge mods and my move speed drops to a crawl. So far I have seen nobody mention this over encumbered issue so I don't know if it's a bug or by design. If it's by design it's probably one of the laziest and most idiotic ways of making a boss fight harder I have encountered in any game.
Post automatically merged:

So a quick update. The Oda fight is now over after cheesing him with the magic box. However even after dumping all my inventory into my stash at the apartment I am still over encumbered. So yeah. Time to let this game go.

This is because of bad design yet again.
If you are using stamina for dodging, punching, swords or whatever. If not careful and completely drain stamina bar you get encumbered effect and it does not go away until stamina bar is 100% full again.

Many other RPG games have same effect but you get back to normal as soon as stamina goes over 0, no need to wait for full bar.

Just one more broken thing

Top Bottom