Odd Texture Glitches

+
Hi everyone,
I've been experiencing some odd texture bugs of which I am attaching screenshots. I am unsure if they were there before patch 1.61, but I started noticing them after the patch.

At first, the weather started going crazy with a sandstorm stuck all the time. "Fixed it" by waiting or sleeping just so 5 min later it's back again. Then cars started dropping from the sky randomly and the NCPD was after me because apparently, I am responsible for the dropping aka spawning. Gigs that require car transport at the end were unplayable because the car will again fall, break and fail/stuck the mission. Or it will spawn, drive a few meters, despawn, and spawn again at the beginning in a cycle. Also at the starting point of every gig the "reveal position" netrunner UI starts spamming reloading again and again.

The first 2 images are from the Sandra Dorset saving quest and the floor flickers as you see in the images. Then is the strangely lit polygons or texture bug in V's apartment. Then an odd texture line at Kabuki Market(found in other places too). The last one is, "On a Short Leash" I think is, the quest where you stop Valentinos attack op. The floor in front of the warehouse there flickers between 2 asphalt textures, which reminds me of when 2 geometries with different textures fight for the same 3d space. Also, the Miletich vehicles are half missing as you can see. Do you have these or could you possibly check if you have them? Do you know of any working fixes? Using GOG by the way.

What I did is:
Updated all mods
Uninstalled all mods
Verify game files via GOG
Started new game
Clean-Install as described here and deleted all saves as I suspected they are corrupted.
Updated Graphics driver after removing it with DDU
Started new game

At least at the moment, I am left only with the texture and geometry glitches. Seems the other bugs disappeared after the clean reinstall and new save file.......I hope.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpgUntitled-3.jpgUntitled-4.jpgUntitled-5.jpg
Thanks.

So your screenshots are what's still bugging at the moment, right?

In which order did you do all of these steps? You're running a completely clean install right now? Did you verify game files after the clean install? Corrupt downloads are rare, but they do happen, if you haven't verified files since the clean install - try verifying again.

Have you tried other games?

So your screenshots are what's still bugging at the moment, right?

In which order did you do all of these steps? You're running a completely clean install right now? Did you verify game files after the clean install? Corrupt downloads are rare, but they do happen, if you haven't verified files since the clean install - try verifying again.

Have you tried other games?
Yes, the steps are in order from top to bottom and I didn't include the constant file verification in between as I don't want to bore people.
At the moment I am left with the visual glitches although I cannot confirm 100% the Miletich vehicle one, as I cannot access that area in-game at the moment.
In summary, the game is clean-installed and I started a new game with a fresh save file and freshly installed Nvidia driver. Tried switching DLSS on and off, different settings of it even the AMD FSR thing. RTX on and of doesn't change a thing as well. The GPU is RTX2080 Super FE.
Just did file verification again and I went to the Kabuki Market and under different lighting it's even worse. The ones in V's apartment are there and I guess the others at the start are there as well.
Untitled-4.1.jpg

I haven't tried other games because I expect lengthy updates. Do you suspect a GPU issue? I can also download one of these Unigine GPU Benchmarks to test.
Post automatically merged:

Quick Update: Anotheh one
Just a few seconds driving and it seems the game is littered with these seamlines which remind me of broken normals.
Untitled-6.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't tried other games because I expect lengthy updates. Do you suspect a GPU issue? I can also download one of these Unigine GPU Benchmarks to test.

Not necessarily, it's one possibility but that's not the only reason I was asking. It could be your redistributables could use a re-install. Which could also show issues in other games.

I mean, this is troubleshooting over the internet. It mostly boils down to throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks unless the issue has a known fix- slowly eliminating possibilities and since you've already eliminated the most common offenders... A very quick Google search didn't reveal any solution either (or anyone having your issues without mods being the issue).

EDIT: Quick update, the shadow seams issue might actually be "normal". In other words, I have it too. It's less noticeable than on yours (could be a time of day difference) but I can clearly see the line. It's also not an unknown issue now that I search a bit more. Best course of action is to report those to CDPR through support and hope they get around to fixing those. That includes the darkened spots in V's apartment. I just never go there lol.

I can't reproduce the texture issues you're having with the floor in the prologue or the Militech truck missing geometry though.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, it's one possibility but that's not the only reason I was asking. It could be your redistributables could use a re-install. Which could also show issues in other games.

I mean, this is troubleshooting over the internet. It mostly boils down to throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks unless the issue has a known fix- slowly eliminating possibilities and since you've already eliminated the most common offenders... A very quick Google search didn't reveal any solution either (or anyone having your issues without mods being the issue).

EDIT: Quick update, the shadow seams issue might actually be "normal". In other words, I have it too. It's less noticeable than on yours (could be a time of day difference) but I can clearly see the line. It's also not an unknown issue now that I search a bit more. Best course of action is to report those to CDPR through support and hope they get around to fixing those. That includes the darkened spots in V's apartment. I just never go there lol.

I can't reproduce the texture issues you're having with the floor in the prologue or the Militech truck missing geometry though.
I couldn't find a solution on google as well so I figured I would ask here before going to support. I did run benchmarks and all is good so it seems like these are Cyberpunk issues. I will report these bugs to CDPR and hopefully, someone will actually look at them.
Thanks for the help.

Hello,
I have the same problem as you on Militech vehicles during this Valentino contract. But not your other problems. However, I have a problem loading textures on NPC's that load too late. When I zoom in with my scanner they appear raw...

Hello,
I have the same problem as you on Militech vehicles during this Valentino contract. But not your other problems. However, I have a problem loading textures on NPC's that load too late. When I zoom in with my scanner they appear raw...
Yep, I have that one too. These are odd LOD issues. In my game, I have to sometimes go close to the object in order for it to switch between all the LODs and become the close-up version. Sometimes this process takes around 30 sec to a minute. Seems like the game doesn't have the same rules for all objects LOD when you zoom in with Kiroshi optics. I am currently testing some ideas people from the forum suggested and will see if they work. If you are interested you can check the other thread I made https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/visual-glitches-report-question.11110735/ . It is a long one though.

By the way, do you have texture issues on the floor in "The Rescue" mission?

Top Bottom