Odd Trend?

+
Odd Trend?

Is it just me or are the majority of people who weren't getting crashes before and who ARE getting crashes now owning an AMD processor with an Nvidia gfx card?

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit updated with Vista Service Pack 1 Release Candidate 1 - CPU Quad Q6600 - card 8800 GTS 320MB ( driver v169.21 ) - 4 GB RAM - ... i can play for hours and hours without crashing. Crashes only occured, when i took out the game DVD, then i got game crashes , for example, right after saving ! Since then i leave the DVD in the drive and no problems anymore. So it can't be really only Vista producing problems on certain systems ...

You do know the game accesses the DVD a number of times during play? That would be why it crashes when you take it out.

ten10 said:
Running Vista Ultimate 64bit updated with Vista Service Pack 1 Release Candidate 1 - CPU Quad Q6600 - card 8800 GTS 320MB ( driver v169.21 ) - 4 GB RAM - ... i can play for hours and hours without crashing. Crashes only occured, when i took out the game DVD, then i got game crashes , for example, right after saving ! Since then i leave the DVD in the drive and no problems anymore. So it can't be really only Vista producing problems on certain systems ...
When you remove the dvd, tages cannot find it anymore so, crash... Leave it in...

Xhan said:
Is it just me or are the majority of people who weren't getting crashes before and who ARE getting crashes now owning an AMD processor with an Nvidia gfx card?
Nope. I have an AMD CPU and an nVidia graphics card, and the game hasn't crashed a single time, neither before, nor after installing the patch.

Top Bottom