Off Topic: Ideas For Witcher Spin-off!

+
Bigger isn't always better. I would love for cdpr to go for a more focused, smaller scale game with hub worlds, painstakingly hand crafted, rich with detail, characters, lore, side quests, activities, secrets, etc. Putting more focus on making these smaller game environments fully fleshed-out, unique, and alive. They could be connected with linear story driven levels, and you could travel in-between these hubs whenever you'd like. All the detail they already pack into their massive games like Cyberpunk, but put into a more focused experience, would be really exciting. Maybe you could play as Ciri, a younger less experienced Witcher, trying to navigate the world and its people, which I feel like would be more appropriate for a more focused game. With Ciri learning how to better control her powers and her training as a Witcher, could expand gameplay possibilities and customisation. Imagine traveling through different dimensions as Ciri, which could also create amazing possibilities for story, and choice and consequence.

What do you think? How would you feel if cdpr went down this direction, for a Witcher spinoff. Any other characters other than Ciri you think would be better? What would be your ideal spin-off?

ciri is extremely boring, so no(n)
i want a completely new dark fantasy rpg. char editor, attributes, skills, perks, social skill, different weapons, etc.

W4 could be a continuation of Geralt as main character.
New Witcher game could be about your own witcher character who is unvoiced and exploring new regions and worlds.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Ciri as the protagonist, personally, for a full blown Witcher sequel. But I'd also be okay with other options such as a custom character, playing as a sorcerer, ect.

Though on a side note, I do hope we get more Witcher Tales games a la Thronebreaker! That game was superb.

I'd like to see Ciri as the protagonist, personally, for a full blown Witcher sequel. But I'd also be okay with other options such as a custom character, playing as a sorcerer, ect.

Though on a side note, I do hope we get more Witcher Tales games a la Thronebreaker! That game was superb.
Thronebreaker 2 with gameplay design of Divinity: Original Sin.

If a spin-off is the only option, then I would say Ciri or any other character attached to Geralt's story-line is not a good choice to lead a spin-off. The development of Ciri and the rest of the secondary characters are not mature enough to make them good candidates to become the a main protagonist in a dedicated title. All the characters, including Ciri, are very fragile branches developed through Geralt's experience, so putting any of these branches as a foundation for a spin-off, even if its on a smaller scale, will simply make the whole game fall apart and add very little to the gaming experience. Therefore, I see two options in the case of a spin-off.

First, the devs could gather as many branches as they can in order to create a firm root to hold a spin-off. For instance, putting multiple playable characters into a diverse story-line, that does not necessarily need to intertwined together, so that the spin-off can offer multiple, short, and unique experiences that encourages replay-ability. And there is a large pool to pick a set of characters from, such as Ciri, Zoltan, Saskia, Vernon, Iorveth, etc...

Second, and similar to War in the North, the devs could create a new party of lets say three members, like War in the North, consisted of different backgrounds and to cycle between them in separate play-through. This will also allow for a multiple, short, and unique gaming experiences that opens more room for replay-ability.

And I like the idea of smaller scale world setting. I miss the first Witcher for that. I literally know the map of Witcher like the back of my hand. Similarly, GTA 3 and Vice City. Even until now, whenever I revisit any of these games I can make my way through the maps without getting lost at all.

Though I love Ciri as a character I'd rather not see her in a Witcher spinoff. Our choices in The Witcher 3 have implications for her fate and I'd rather not see these outcomes changed in a sequel.

The idea of creating your own character sounds pretty fun. Perhaps some kind of Skyrim-Witcher crossover. Choose your Witcher School, etc

Top Bottom