Official GWENT tournament coming to gamescom 2017

+
Official GWENT tournament coming to gamescom 2017

We would like to invite all gamers to gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany, where an official GWENT: The Witcher Card Game tournament will be taking place.

The gamescom tournament will be a 2-day event starting August 25th, with the final match set for August 26th. It will be held at the GWENT booth in the Entertainment Area (hall 8, stand B021), where all throughout gamescom we will be presenting new content coming to the game.

Signups for the tournament and more information are both available here.

A total of 8 players will compete for a piece of the $25,000 prize pool. 7 will be the top players among those who signed up to participate in the tournament, determined by their ranking on August 1st, 4PM CEST. The 8th player will be decided the winner of an additional Wild Card Qualifiers event held on August 24th, prior to the main event, at the GWENT booth.

Marcin_Momot;n9204451 said:
The gamescom tournament will be a 2-day event starting August 25th, with the final match set for August 26th. It will be held at the GWENT booth in the Entertainment Area (hall 8, stand B021), where all throughout gamescom we will be presenting new content coming to the game/
That's quite worrying. Surely that can't be the NEXT patch, otherwise we are pretty much waiting until September for new cards.

Guest 4157120

4RM3D;n9206081 said:
Because of the upcoming patch in August, I am wondering two things:
- Does the patch hit before the tournament?
- If so, does the tournament play with the old patch or the new one (including 20ish new cards)?

99% it will be like last time, after tournament :'(

Patch before tournament is allways a bad/good idea :) bad, cause top players have there top places with prepatch decks. good, cause they need to bring something new for a short time, and it will make decks really interesting.

I hope to see patch before tournament. It would be interesting to watch, now it is too predictable and boring to watch.

BlazeTM;n9209501 said:
I hope to see patch before tournament. It would be interesting to watch, now it is too predictable and boring to watch.

Can you make prediction? Today all races have at least 2 decks, and it not contain difference of one/two gold/silver cards

I wish a new patch would hit soon (after Aug 1st, when qualifications are over), I look forward to new cards and mechanics.

Sadly, it's more likely they'll wait the end of the tournament and it will be August 26th :sad:

some articles i read said expect news on the game during tournament. that is really intriguing and i can't wait. wonder what it may be?

I hope the patch is before the tourney as well but as the Challenger tournament showed the hopes are pretty low.

An option would be to release the patch before tournament but still make the tournament with the previous patch.
Is that possible?

Maybe patch with new cards comes before tournament (I hope), since end of august is quite long. Maybe tournament will have news of the rumored single player storymode?

Exoclyps;n9234481 said:
Maybe patch with new cards comes before tournament (I hope), since end of august is quite long. Maybe tournament will have news of the rumored single player storymode?

Storymode won't be coming until the game is 100% out of beta.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Gamescom Tournament Top 40 placement list August 1st 4PM CEST

Below you'll find a list of the top 40 placements. Registration closed today at 4PM CEST. We've just sent out e-mails to the players. If you don't receive an email by the end of the day tomorrow (August 2nd), please reach out too us!

1 eiSloth
2 lea92fra
3 ChaiNCalleR
4 duofanel
5 hanachann
6 Superjj102
7 J0rah
8 Oughtnt
9 theshaggynuts
10 vaysh
11 SolenTo
12 PetrifySC2
13 Cmel
14 幻世
15 Ochsendorf
16 Kurk713
17 teroor
18 irohabit
19 Coffe1ne
20 DragonBL17
21 QuickB3n
22 BartekZi
23 MatPL966
24 dkni
25 FlyHirsch
26 Damorquis
27 Neartiko
28 IamSynrise
29 SlothGwent
30 Varonos
31 Danaix
32 Codex61
33 C4Xplosion
34 Vroryn
35 AriFerrari
36 GameKingAT
37 ilkku
38 r0adhouse
39 DryasWasTaken
40 xHimerion

Last edited:
Put me in the plus one count for releasing the patch before the tournament. I think it would greatly increase the excitement to see how the top players use the new cards. It might even bring in whole new decks instead of a few card differences.

Hopefully it can be released about a week before the tournament so the contestants have some time to try out the new patch and strategies.

Personally, watching a tournament that uses the same few decks that have been replayed repeatedly on the ladder, just isn't very exciting.

Redreevos;n9262121 said:
Put me in the plus one count for releasing the patch before the tournament. I think it would greatly increase the excitement to see how the top players use the new cards. It might even bring in whole new decks instead of a few card differences.

Hopefully it can be released about a week before the tournament so the contestants have some time to try out the new patch and strategies.

Personally, watching a tournament that uses the same few decks that have been replayed repeatedly on the ladder, just isn't very exciting.

Hi :)

If you read the "Competition Info" CDPR say that if the Patch comes out after 2 weeks before the contest they will play with this patch, so if it´s out one week before you won´t see the new patch cards there...

Im afraid they will release the new patch after the competition though... i wish i´m mistaken but i doubt it :(

Cheers :)

P.S: Sorry about my english.

Top Bottom