[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
I send a support ticket addressing the issue and they say they know about it and are working in a solution, for now just hope they put a patch soon
Post automatically merged:

They already update the tecnical support page with the issue, just wait guys :)
Finally a official response
You can format your console, for play with correct subtitles..... its something..

Have you tried it?... [Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! works perfect, I'm enjoying the game with subtitles..if your format your console, can start the game from 3.2 version, with correct subtitles.
Sounds a little extreme for me, but thanks for the tip :)

Can you moderators give us some info about when are they gonna patch the game?

We are now thousands of people waiting for something essential... In my case, I can understand modern english, but the game uses a lot of old/medieval english that I just can ignore...

Omg, cant belive the first update would dissapear a option that is already in the catridge, i hope they put a patch in the next 48h, i cant only have the witcher 3 running, i want to play another games :disapprove:

You can close the game. Even if the switch detect the update, it will not force you to update, the problem is after you update. Anyway, be sure sure to disable the option to search for game updates in the settings.

Sounds a little extreme for me, but thanks for the tip :)

If you have a friend with another switch, you can transfer your user to the other switch, format your switch and then tranfer the user back. It only take 10 minutes and your switch will be the same as before.

I bought the European version of The Witcher, but now I saw that I'm not able to play it in Portuguese Brazil. I bought other titles like Assassins Creed 3 and just download a DLC with the language pack. As a huge fan of CD Project Red, I have The Witcher 3 on PC, PS4 and now on my Switch.. but just now I realized that the game sold as "Complete Edition" was not -so complete-. I'm not able to play it in Portuguese Brazil, nor download a DLC (pack) with subtitles and language for my version (European).

The worst thing here... my account now is unable to receive a correct version (even if I try to buy it again on the eShop Brazil this time, they show me that I already have the COMPLETE VERSION, really folks, it's annoying). Of course, buy the game twice on the same platform is insane, but I tried... my son wants to play and don't understand English yet. So, I'm "stuck". I'm not able to buy the correct version because I already have the full version, nor download a DLC with what I need because it doesn't exist.

As a huge fan, I ask you guys, I don't want to buy twice the same game just for the language pack... you see? I bought the same game three times, just because I love your work... but I'm really upset about this situation. Just a DLC with the language pack will solve all the problems (not just mine as I will be able to see in some posts on your forum).

I bought the European version of The Witcher, but now I saw that I'm not able to play it in Portuguese Brazil. I bought other titles like Assassins Creed 3 and just download a DLC with the language pack. As a huge fan of CD Project Red, I have The Witcher 3 on PC, PS4 and now on my Switch.. but just now I realized that the game sold as "Complete Edition" was not -so complete-. I'm not able to play it in Portuguese Brazil, nor download a DLC (pack) with subtitles and language for my version (European).

The worst thing here... my account now is unable to receive a correct version (even if I try to buy it again on the eShop Brazil this time, they show me that I already have the COMPLETE VERSION, really folks, it's annoying). Of course, buy the game twice on the same platform is insane, but I tried... my son wants to play and don't understand English yet. So, I'm "stuck". I'm not able to buy the correct version because I already have the full version, nor download a DLC with what I need because it doesn't exist.

As a huge fan, I ask you guys, I don't want to buy twice the same game just for the language pack... you see? I bought the same game three times, just because I love your work... but I'm really upset about this situation. Just a DLC with the language pack will solve all the problems (not just mine as I will be able to see in some posts on your forum).

I'm struggling with the same issue! I've got the European version too and there is no way to play it in Portuguese. I would really like to know If there's gonna be a DLC to fix this problem.

So... The problem exists for one week, but still no solution and even ETA (stay tuned is not an answer. The solution can be a couple of months later). I was waiting for the game and cannot enjoy it. I also purchased it twice - in a digital and physical. This is not a serious approach.
The reason I am texting again is I have a lot of other games in my backlog (and of course don't have much time) and don't know what to do. should I start a new game? Or just wait? If so, how long?
SigilFey do you have any communication with them?

Last edited:
I bough the game twice, i payed 70 more only for russian lang, why CPR do that, region locl???!!!!
Post automatically merged:

70 bucks thats a price in eShop. Russia

So... The problem exists for one week, but still no solution and even ETA (stay tuned is not an answer. The solution can be a couple of months later). I was waiting for the game and cannot enjoy it. I also purchased it twice - in a digital and physical. This is not a serious approach.
The reason I am texting again is I have a lot of other games in my backlog (and of course don't have much time) and don't know what to do. should I start a new game? Or just wait? If so, how long?
SigilFey do you have any communication with them?

I was in your situation, when I decided to format my console, the saves were in the cloud, so it was not so much trouble...
I've been playing in version 3.2 for more than 15 hours.

Formatting your console, you can play 3.2 Version
The following languages are available

Arabic
Portuguese
Chinese (Simplified)
Czech
English
Spanish
Spanish (Latin America)
French
Hungarian
Italian
Korean
Turkish
Chinese

I do not see the Russian language :(

Arabic
Portuguese
Chinese (Simplified)
Czech
English
Spanish
Spanish (Latin America)
French
Hungarian
Italian
Korean
Turkish
Chinese

Thank you

Arabic
Portuguese
Chinese (Simplified)
Czech
English
Spanish
Spanish (Latin America)
French
Hungarian
Italian
Korean
Turkish
Chinese

Thank you for checking.
That's hilarious and unbelievable. I am expecting that the upcoming solution just enables these languages again, but not Russian.

Hi, dear team CDPR! I've been a Witcher fan for a long time. I was so happy when I bought Nintendo switch version, Box version with EN language, but Skyrim a bought it that same way too and I got full russian localization. I also bought in official stores version for Xbox one and Steam almoust 4 years ago. I really like Russian localization of the game. Give me back the game that I love so much :(

Last edited:
Seriously, this language bug is annoying. I'm curious how long will it take to solve this. From what others say here, the data for many other languages even are on game cartridge and the patch disables them. One would expect that for price of the game on this platform (which is a lot higher), this would be communicated better from developers...

Top Bottom