[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
Before game updated, I been seen in language settings option for download languages and nothing happened by selection, but after update this option disappeared

Before game updated, I been seen in language settings option for download languages and nothing happened by selection, but after update this option disappeared
Very sad for this. I’m waiting for new patch, but a lot of time has passed but nothing has changed.

Formatting your console, you can play 3.2 Version
The following languages are available

Arabic
Portuguese
Chinese (Simplified)
Czech
English
Spanish
Spanish (Latin America)
French
Hungarian
Italian
Korean
Turkish
Chinese

I do not see the Russian language :(

Weird.. is this serious? I not formatted my console (it's a little bit "extreme" right?), but I removed the game itself and download it again... what I saw? outside the game I see that the version is 3.4, inside the game, show me that the version is 1.6, is this the problem? If I format my console will appear in these languages? Anyone could post a screenshot from the main screen of the game?

Weird.. is this serious? I not formatted my console (it's a little bit "extreme" right?), but I removed the game itself and download it again... what I saw? outside the game I see that the version is 3.4, inside the game, show me that the version is 1.6, is this the problem? If I format my console will appear in these languages? Anyone could post a screenshot from the main screen of the game?

After update game to 3.4, the system save this info in the internal filesystem, after update, run the game in 3.2 version is imposible.

2 Options.

A) Backup your saves (Nintendo Switch Online), format your console, download your games and saves, run Witcher 3, from version 3.2

B) Transfer your user to another Console, format your console, transfer your user, run Witcher 3, from version 3.2.

Obviously this is not ideal, but works as a temporary solution to play the game with subtitles.

Regards and sorry for tarzan english.

Just put a day on the table, we need something to hope in... I'm a software developer, I know developers can fix it quickly but the fix has to pass a lot of tests and stuff that extends the duration.

All we really need is you to tell us: "We found the bug and solved it, and by the Xth/November you'll have the patch for Nintendo Switch; thanks for waiting and sorry about this"

Nope, shouldn't be. Version 3.4 is Switch version of software. In-game, the 1.6 is version of original game that was ported to Switch, so this is ok.

Nope, shouldn't be. Version 3.4 is Switch version of software. In-game, the 1.6 is version of original game that was ported to Switch, so this is ok.

So, I have a problem... my version not show Portuguese as someone said before if you format the console...
Post automatically merged:

Just put a day on the table, we need something to hope in... I'm a software developer, I know developers can fix it quickly but the fix has to pass a lot of tests and stuff that extends the duration.

All we really need is you to tell us: "We found the bug and solved it, and by the Xth/November you'll have the patch for Nintendo Switch; thanks for waiting and sorry about this"

Really, the easy way could be just to release one version of the software in English and allow all the users to download the available language options as DLC's, everyone will be happy to have a real complete edition.
Post automatically merged:

After update game to 3.4, the system save this info in the internal filesystem, after update, run the game in 3.2 version is imposible.

2 Options.

A) Backup your saves (Nintendo Switch Online), format your console, download your games and saves, run Witcher 3, from version 3.2

B) Transfer your user to another Console, format your console, transfer your user, run Witcher 3, from version 3.2.

Obviously this is not ideal, but works as a temporary solution to play the game with subtitles.

Regards and sorry for tarzan english.

I see I will try that and return soon with the updates. Thanks for the how-to man. Relax about English, is not my mother tongue too, but you write very well, I understand normally.

Last edited:
WHY?!
75361068_478871916173131_3852956264355069952_o.jpg

Ok, so the situation now goes like this:
For users with Irish and Czech nintendo accounts (maybe there are other countries, too), the game isn't even available on nintendo.co.uk - it finds it, but it says that you can't buy this for download in that region. More than week after official release of the game. If you contact Nintendo UK with this, they will tell you that this is managed by local distributor. If you contact local distributor with question, why would they block or postpone such awaited game in download version, they do not react. CDProject also doesn't react publicly, not here, nor to e-mail. And many users are missing other than english languages...
Despite this being very ambitious port of great game title, this start and communication is really bad...

View attachment 11019164

The know about the issue, not a problem for me to wait a little ;)

They know about it for a week, but they don't have ETA. They have bad communication with the community, that's the most irritating thing. People bought the game and have not idea how long they should wait. It might take a month. So they just could tell, okay guys, you can play another game, we will give you a fix in a month.

Top Bottom